Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

What model are you ordering?

• iPhone 8 64GB

Votes: 5 1.3%
  • iPhone 8 256GB

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • iPhone 8 Plus 64GB

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • iPhone 8 Plus 256 GB

Votes: 4 1.0%
  • iPhone X 64GB

Votes: 130 33.5%
  • iPhone X 256GB

Votes: 224 57.7%
  • Sticking with my current iPhone

Votes: 23 5.9%

• Total voters

servalpe

macrumors newbie
Nov 2, 2017
Just letting you guys know: I was a bale to order one this morning right at 6 am in the Apple Store Berlin. 256 in white. Will pick it up at 18:00. Super hyped!
Good Luck for people in Italy, France,Germany and NL. No stock in the rest of Europe ;(

Galatian

macrumors 6502
Dec 20, 2010
Berlin
You really just have to be fast. They might get in like 4 units each day or something like that so stock is gone within seconds once online at 6 am.

macrem

macrumors 65816
Mar 11, 2008
Unbelievable! I set my alarm to 5:55 but somehow slept through to 6:01 by then there were a few 64GBs left to reserve but if there were any 256GB models, it was too late. Did anyone by chance reserve a 256GB model in NL or Brussels, Düsseldorf or Oberhausen today?

Reactions: elhungarian

servalpe

macrumors newbie
Nov 2, 2017
You really just have to be fast. They might get in like 4 units each day or something like that so stock is gone within seconds once online at 6 am.
There is nothing in Spain since Monday, I just saw then a SG 64 GB in Valencia and around 6:20 a.m ;)

fotuwe

macrumors member
Dec 22, 2009
64GB X is available for pickup in many german apple stores right now.
But I want 256... :(

Finurliig

macrumors member
Jan 2, 2017
Earth
Update: originally I hade a delivery window from Nov 13 to Nov 20. Today my order registered as "shipped", with delivery tomorrow, the 9th. Very happy now :):):):D
Skärmavbild 2017-11-08 kl. 10.23.47.png

Finurliig

macrumors member
Jan 2, 2017
Earth
Mine also changed at the same time but I still have preparing to ship. I hope it’ll change today.
It probably will. On all the previous occasions when I've ordered from Apple, "preparing to ship" has never lasted longer than 24 hours before changing to "shipped". Good luck!:)

Dualica 01

macrumors regular
Oct 16, 2014
Yesterday around 6 PM. At 10 this morning it changed to "shipped" with new delivery date.
Mine changed to preparing for shipment around the same time as yours!

Aaaaaaaand it just changed to shipped :):):)
And just received mail from Apple: delivery on the 9th :oops:
I guess they’re on the same plane ;)

Reactions: Finurliig

MacQork

macrumors regular
Feb 21, 2017
Guys in Netherlands, I can see stocks in Amsterdam for tomorrow's pickup at least since last 45 mins (11 pm onwards) ...Surprised it hasn't run out yet.

And more in Germany too

Daamn I've been checking stock for days now and the one time I don't they actually got stock lol im crying

Cremerhm

macrumors 6502
Mar 24, 2012
The Netherlands
After two happy days with my iPhone X ... I’m back to this topic ...

My iPhone had a defect so it’s on its way back to Apple.

New estimated delivery date: ....... 6 - 13 December

itsmemuffins

macrumors 68040
Jun 23, 2010

What are you doing? Did you contact Apple about it or just decided to return it?

If it’s defective in the first 14 days Apple sends you out a new retail unit, and then you send back your old one when you get the new one.

Reactions: jimmyX

jimmyX

macrumors member
Nov 1, 2017
West AUT

If it was not a huge defect (only camera or dead pixel): Why did you send it? I would wait 14 days and trigger then the return. After triggering the return you have again more than a week as deadline to send it back......

geekiemac

macrumors 65816
Feb 13, 2016
I have an unusual delivery timeframe: 24 Nov - 01 Dec (it was 29 Nov - 5 Dec but changed beginning of Nov).
I keep checking it every day but it doesn't move. I expect to see some movement by the end of next week.

Cremerhm

macrumors 6502
Mar 24, 2012
The Netherlands
What are you doing? Did you contact Apple about it or just decided to return it?

If it’s defective in the first 14 days Apple sends you out a new retail unit, and then you send back your old one when you get the new one.

If it was not a huge defect (only camera or dead pixel): Why did you send it? I would wait 14 days and trigger then the return. After triggering the return you have again more than a week as deadline to send it back......

Hi guys,

I’ve spend about 3,5 hours (!) on the phone with Apple care. Both tier 1 as senior advisors... but they keep saying it is not possible to bump up the delivery date of the new device.

I also spend about 6 hours (no joke) to get the device working again.

It’s not a minor issue, after two days the phone stopped working, continues boot loops.
Clean install through iTunes is not possible, entering DFU mode only worked once but again, not possible to recover/install the device in iTunes.

Apple send me to a service provider, they also didn’t get it to work.

Seems there is only special stock for people with AppleCare+ to get a advanced replacement. For the advice was:

- wait till 6-13 December
- get a refund and try to get it somewhere else

Apple Stores are a two hour drive for me at minimum, and Apple can’t guarantee me there will be a device available for me, so that’s also not an option.

I bad for me ... expected a better custom care experience, but maybe that’s only in the US ;-)

MacQork

macrumors regular
Feb 21, 2017
Hi guys,

I’ve spend about 3,5 hours (!) on the phone with Apple care. Both tier 1 as senior advisors... but they keep saying it is not possible to bump up the delivery date of the new device.

I also spend about 6 hours (no joke) to get the device working again.

It’s not a minor issue, after two days the phone stopped working, continues boot loops.
Clean install through iTunes is not possible, entering DFU mode only worked once but again, not possible to recover/install the device in iTunes.

Apple send me to a service provider, they also didn’t get it to work.

Seems there is only special stock for people with AppleCare+ to get a advanced replacement. For the advice was:

- wait till 6-13 December
- get a refund and try to get it somewhere else

Apple Stores are a two hour drive for me at minimum, and Apple can’t guarantee me there will be a device available for me, so that’s also not an option.

I bad for me ... expected a better custom care experience, but maybe that’s only in the US ;-)

Wow that sucks! I always thought people were weird for saying Apple got AMAZING support... They try to screw us over regarding legal warranty (pretending we can only get 1 year while EU law states 2) etc...

Reactions: MattiaC28
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.