Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

What model are you ordering?

• iPhone 8 64GB

Votes: 5 1.3%
  • iPhone 8 256GB

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • iPhone 8 Plus 64GB

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • iPhone 8 Plus 256 GB

Votes: 4 1.0%
  • iPhone X 64GB

Votes: 130 33.5%
  • iPhone X 256GB

Votes: 224 57.7%
  • Sticking with my current iPhone

Votes: 23 5.9%

• Total voters

CatalinApple

Contributor
Oct 28, 2016
I feel like Europe got really screwed with this release..
If they screw us. I screw them too by the fact that they have lost one customer this year. I am glad I am not getting the iPhone X anymore. Let’s hope they learn something by the time fall 2018 comes.

Last edited:

Anekdote

macrumors member
Aug 3, 2010
Austria, No Kangaroos
Anyone recently ordered the phone and got some idea when the next bigger shipment of iPhone X will be distributed to the EU?

Idiot me ordered on launch day, because I thought there would be some more walk-in purchases available.

Dualica 01

macrumors regular
Oct 16, 2014
Any ideas why Europe did not get a delivery window before 20-27/11? I find it strange that it went from 3/11 immediately to 20-27/11...?

Scandinavia and Finland have delivery ranges from 13.11.-20.11.

I received the confirmation mail at 9:08

MattiaC28

macrumors newbie
Mar 17, 2010
Milan, Italy
Any ideas why Europe did not get a delivery window before 20-27/11? I find it strange that it went from 3/11 immediately to 20-27/11...?

They are planning to launch the iPhone X to 13 more Countries on 24/11...so they put half of the continent on hold. So pissed right now...I feel like they should at least have waited to ship the pre-orders before moving on

CatalinApple

Contributor
Oct 28, 2016
They are planning to launch the iPhone X to 13 more Countries on 24/11...so they put half of the continent on hold. So pissed right now...I feel like they should at least have waited to ship the pre-orders before moving on
If what you say is true, then they are really stupid for doing it that way.

Reactions: Menopause

basti_no

macrumors regular
Sep 28, 2017
I think we will all be surprised with a little bit earlier delivery. They go step by step.

iTom17

macrumors 6502a
Aug 2, 2013
Eindhoven, the Netherlands
Got a question guys. A friend of mine told me he just got of the phone with someone from Apple in the Netherlands, who apparently said it's possible to make a reservation to pick up an iPhone at another day. Like: ordering at 6 AM tomorrow morning, and then being able to pick it up this Friday, or next Monday.

Is that true? I mean, of course I can try it myself tomorrow, since I have to wake up early anyway. But I was wondering if anyone can confirm if this is true. Because when I made a reservation last year I don't recall being able to set another date. Instead I could only pick a timeframe. Again, that's what I recall. Might be wrong of course, which actually I hope I am. :p

geekiemac

macrumors 65816
Feb 13, 2016
Switzerland here. Order still "stuck" on 24 November - 1 December delivery. I fear it will stay that way until the bitter end. :(

Got a question guys. A friend of mine told me he just got of the phone with someone from Apple in the Netherlands, who apparently said it's possible to make a reservation to pick up an iPhone at another day. Like: ordering at 6 AM tomorrow morning, and then being able to pick it up this Friday, or next Monday.

Is that true? I mean, of course I can try it myself tomorrow, since I have to wake up early anyway. But I was wondering if anyone can confirm if this is true. Because when I made a reservation last year I don't recall being able to set another date. Instead I could only pick a timeframe. Again, that's what I recall. Might be wrong of course, which actually I hope I am. :p
I don't think that's possible. If you reserve your phone at 6 AM you have to pick it up the same day.

basti_no

macrumors regular
Sep 28, 2017
Switzerland here. Order still "stuck" on 24 November - 1 December delivery. I fear it will stay that way until the bitter end. :(

I don't think that's possible. If you reserve your phone at 6 AM you have to pick it up the same day.
I think so too.

erdu_

macrumors newbie
Jan 28, 2017
I see we are all in the same boat..US stores get restocked every day.. you can follow it on istocknow.com

Reactions: Menopause

basti_no

macrumors regular
Sep 28, 2017
That is the same in Europe. Saw some stocks in Germany today as well. But they are gone within minutes.

Lucagfc

macrumors 6502
Sep 23, 2008
I think that UK is considered not Europe. They receive stock in the stores, they have other delivery window etc. We are completely stuck here in Italy. I hope to receive it on time for my window (21-28 November) but I' m not confident that this will happen!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.