Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

What model are you ordering?

• iPhone 8 64GB

Votes: 5 1.3%
  • iPhone 8 256GB

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • iPhone 8 Plus 64GB

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • iPhone 8 Plus 256 GB

Votes: 4 1.0%
  • iPhone X 64GB

Votes: 130 33.5%
  • iPhone X 256GB

Votes: 224 57.7%
  • Sticking with my current iPhone

Votes: 23 5.9%

• Total voters

macrem

macrumors 65816
Mar 11, 2008
Same. I store didn’t open until 5-10min after US. Had a buddy write me once the us store opened. I don’t get how some in EU got nov 3rd shipment?
Indeed, strange! I see many people got their confirmations after me who received their iPhone X 3 November.

What I also find strange is Apple sent me the leather case 3-4 weeks before the iPhone is scheduled to arrive, by then if I don't like how the case looks on the iPhone it will be too late to return the case. Unless I'm missing something, it seems safest to return the case, then buy a new one again around when the iPhone arrives.

underladders

macrumors newbie
Nov 28, 2016
Spain
@Galatian @elhungarian @erdu_ @dangeng @underladders @Lucagfc out of interest, when did you guys' orders go through? Is it just me or did the online store and app go live late for you guys too?

Asking because I see tons of people (like on Twitter) in Germany with November 3 deliveries, most of them through online orders (not store pickups). ☹️ I reset cache and hit refresh like a mf till the site went live at exactly 9:10 AM in Germany, but it was 2—3 weeks from there already.

I remember this exact same thing happen to me last year for iPhone 7 Plus too.

I completed the order process around 9:14 a.m. and got the confirmation e-mail at 9:22 a.m. (took forever). I had to use the Apple webstore because the app would not go live for me (which it didn't until something like 9:35 a.m.), and still the website did not go live until something like 9:10 a.m.

Then there was this whole issue with my Apple ID, where it would not recognise my password when I tried to process order, and I had to reset it. Still, even if I hadn't had that issue it wouldn't have made any difference, because delivery already had a 2-3 week delay.

It's frustrating because I was sitting at my desk refreshing like crazy since 8:50 a.m. and tried everything: using home WiFi, cellular, Apple store app, website,...

CatalinApple

Contributor
Oct 28, 2016
Indeed, strange! I see many people got their confirmations after me who received their iPhone X 3 November.

What I also find strange is Apple sent me the leather case 3-4 weeks before the iPhone is scheduled to arrive, by then if I don't like how the case looks on the iPhone it will be too late to return the case. Unless I'm missing something, it seems safest to return the case, then buy a new one again around when the iPhone arrives.

I know it's not the right topic to ask this question but you just mentioned that you bought a case. Is it the folio case? Have you also bought a wireless charger?

macrem

macrumors 65816
Mar 11, 2008
I got the Apple iPhone X Leather Case and am planning to get a wireless charger. Would also like to confirm that the charger works with case.

MattiaC28

macrumors newbie
Mar 17, 2010
Milan, Italy
Same here in Italy. Confirmation at 9.11 (a matter of seconds after the store went live) and delivery in 2-3 weeks (21-28 November). Still no improvement in the delivery, hope in some good news this week for my SG 256gb but I’m gettin impatient... Tried store pickup but there is no iPhone X in the whole country

Reactions: elhungarian

Lucagfc

macrumors 6502
Sep 23, 2008
Same here in Italy. Confirmation at 9.11 (a matter of seconds after the store went live) and delivery in 2-3 weeks (21-28 November). Still no improvement in the delivery, hope in some good news this week for my SG 256gb but I’m gettin impatient... Tried store pickup but there is no iPhone X in the whole country

Is my exact situation Mattia. Italy for mee too. Really bad to see the difference between european an US customers for Apple!

MattiaC28

macrumors newbie
Mar 17, 2010
Milan, Italy
Is my exact situation Mattia. Italy for mee too. Really bad to see the difference between european an US customers for Apple!

It's also curious to see that in some countries the 2-3 weeks window is scheduled 21-28 November while in others it's the week before... Also I haven't seen anyone from Italy with a 1-2 weeks delivery date.
Probably the new phones are delivered in batches destined only to specific countries while the others wait for their turn, that would explain the wait and the different dates for the same window, but it's not fair

Lucagfc

macrumors 6502
Sep 23, 2008
It's also curious to see that in some countries the 2-3 weeks window is scheduled 21-28 November while in others it's the week before... Also I haven't seen anyone from Italy with a 1-2 weeks delivery date.
Probably the new phones are delivered in batches destined only to specific countries while the others wait for their turn, that would explain the wait and the different dates for the same window, but it's not fair

Yes, I agree with you. I know one person that ordered 3 minutes before me (for him the store was up for me still down) and received his phone November 3! I need to wait until 21-28 for only 3 minutes? And why the current order are shipperd in the first day of december when we ordered in the first minutes and are not able to receive our phones until the end of Novemebr? Absolutly not fair!

ice.

macrumors newbie
Nov 6, 2017
my phone ships within 11/21-11/28; no bumps; credit card was not charged yet;
confirmation arrived 5 minutes after release... my order is in progress...
but: it is just a phone :D

I'll keep fingers crossed to receive a fabulous device ( without discovering any qc-related issues :)

CatalinApple

Contributor
Oct 28, 2016
my phone ships within 11/21-11/28; no bumps; credit card was not charged yet;
confirmation arrived 5 minutes after release... my order is in progress...
but: it is just a phone :D

I'll keep fingers crossed to receive a fabulous device ( without discovering any qc-related issues :)
Good luck my friend. Personally I just canceled my preorder like 10 minutes ago. I had the 20-27th window of this month. I will preorder one next year when they’ll announce the successor to the iPhone X. For the moment I will keep my iPhone 6s for another year. I wish good luck to everyone but I couldn’t wait any longer and I have a feeling I made the right decision to wait till fall 2018.

macrem

macrumors 65816
Mar 11, 2008
I feel like Europe got really screwed with this release..
If you read my story about the launch event in Düsseldorf, it’s as if I said it’s ok Apple if you’re careful, Apple agreed but then wasn’t careful at all and in the end said “ok, time to leave”.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.