Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

What model are you ordering?

• iPhone 8 64GB

Votes: 5 1.3%
  • iPhone 8 256GB

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • iPhone 8 Plus 64GB

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • iPhone 8 Plus 256 GB

Votes: 4 1.0%
  • iPhone X 64GB

Votes: 130 33.5%
  • iPhone X 256GB

Votes: 224 57.7%
  • Sticking with my current iPhone

Votes: 23 5.9%

• Total voters

macrem

macrumors 65816
Mar 11, 2008
Just checked NL reservations on the off chance there’d be anything happening on a Sunday but as suspected there was nothing. Some years ago I got the 5 as I recall right after launch in Amsterdam just by talking with an Apple Store employee. It was a bit like ‘pssst, over here... looking for a new iPhone?’ Perhaps that’s how it still works... not really enough to justify going far but perhaps good for those who happen to live conveniently nearby to try.

geekiemac

macrumors 65816
Feb 13, 2016
A question about this "Reserve and Pick Up" thing... if I do manage to get an iPhone X at 6 AM, do I need to pick it up the same day, or can it wait for me for a couple of days? Does anyone have experience with "Reserving" on a day and "Picking Up" a few days later?

The "stupid reason" for me asking this is that I am going abroad on a business trip tomorrow until Thursday and would like to pick up my order once I get back.

TruBleu

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2014
The Hague, Netherlands
A question about this "Reserve and Pick Up" thing... if I do manage to get an iPhone X at 6 AM, do I need to pick it up the same day, or can it wait for me for a couple of days? Does anyone have experience with "Reserving" on a day and "Picking Up" a few days later?

The "stupid reason" for me asking this is that I am going abroad on a business trip tomorrow until Thursday and would like to pick up my order once I get back.
As far as I know, the reserve and pick-up option is for the same day. I don't recollect seeing an option for picking the date... you can only choose the time slot. And if you don't collect it on or before the slot, the phone is released to walk-in customers. So, I don't believe this mode is for putting a hold on your reservation for more than one day, mainly because you aren't paying while you reserve.

On the other hand, if you pay online while you 'purchase' the phone for store pick-up, you can select the date and time of your choice.

Reactions: geekiemac

geekiemac

macrumors 65816
Feb 13, 2016
As far as I know, the reserve and pick-up option is for the same day. I don't recollect seeing an option for picking the date... you can only choose the time slot. And if you don't collect it on or before the slot, the phone is released to walk-in customers. So, I don't believe this mode is for putting a hold on your reservation for more than one day, mainly because you aren't paying while you reserve.

On the other hand, if you pay online while you 'purchase' the phone for store pick-up, you can select the date and time of your choice.
Makes sense. Thanks !

Menopause

macrumors 6502a
Feb 26, 2011
Anybody from Germany with delivery estimate of 21 — 28 Nov for iPhone X seeing any movement? Ordered at 9:11 AM (coz that's when the site came online for me, app was still down). 256GB space grey.

Reactions: elhungarian

dangeng

macrumors member
Nov 25, 2015
Anybody from Germany with delivery estimate of 21 — 28 Nov for iPhone X seeing any movement? Ordered at 9:11 AM (coz that's when the site came online for me, app was still down). 256GB space grey.

Exactly the same here... (Silver 64GB)

CatalinApple

Contributor
Oct 28, 2016
Mine left Brussels this morning at 09:00. I live ~70km away, and it's still not there :D Probably so many iPhones to deliver :(
I live like 50 km from Brussels. I am pissed off that my delivery date still shows November 20-27th. If I won't see any update by Monday or Tuesday, I am going to cancel my preorder and keep my iPhone 6s for another year.

Menopause

macrumors 6502a
Feb 26, 2011
@Galatian @elhungarian @erdu_ @dangeng @underladders @Lucagfc out of interest, when did you guys' orders go through? Is it just me or did the online store and app go live late for you guys too?

Asking because I see tons of people (like on Twitter) in Germany with November 3 deliveries, most of them through online orders (not store pickups). ☹️ I reset cache and hit refresh like a mf till the site went live at exactly 9:10 AM in Germany, but it was 2—3 weeks from there already.

I remember this exact same thing happen to me last year for iPhone 7 Plus too.

CatalinApple

Contributor
Oct 28, 2016
@Galatian @elhungarian @erdu_ @dangeng @underladders @Lucagfc out of interest, when did you guys' orders go through? Is it just me or did the online store and app go live late for you guys too?

Asking because I see tons of people (like on Twitter) in Germany with November 3 deliveries, most of them through online orders (not store pickups). ☹️ I reset cache and hit refresh like a mf till the site went live at exactly 9:10 AM in Germany, but it was 2—3 weeks from there already.

This tells me how much disrespect Apple has for its European customers by delaying the opening of the Apple Store preordering page. The Apple Store App didn’t open for me at 9:01. I had to wait for 3-4 minutes before I could start preordering. I got my confirmation email at 9:13.

servalpe

macrumors newbie
Nov 2, 2017
Spain here, and again the same. Waiting to update the estimated date from 21-28 Nov. I got my confirmation e-mail at 9:09 a.m.

It seems that European citizens are not a priority for Apple, because we haven't got any stock in Apple stores and our pre-orders are not bumped.

macrem

macrumors 65816
Mar 11, 2008
Same here in the Netherlands: 20-27 November

Has not budged since pre-ordered 27 October with confirmation email at 9:07.

Meanwhile in US apparently not everywhere but widely reported that you can just walk into a store and pick up an iPhone X.

On 27 October starting just before 9am, I kept refreshing the pre-order page until finally could order as fast as humanly possible. In my case there was a glitch with the payment. My bank account was debited € 1.388,00 but then on the order page for a long time it was stuck on “waiting for payment” before the ship date was confirmed.

As a solution Apple Support suggested I log in at 6am everyday to try to reserve an iPhone for pickup, which I have been doing but no luck so far.

This added insult to injury as it shows there is stock available. Instead of making it available to people who pre-ordered now 11 days ago (and experienced glitches), nope these iPhone Xs go to whomever has the best connection and fastest reflexes same day as reserved.

Last edited:

Menopause

macrumors 6502a
Feb 26, 2011
Same here in the Netherlands: 20-27 November

Has not budged since pre-ordered 27 October with confirmation email at 9:07.

Meanwhile in US apparently not everywhere but widely reported that you can just walk into a store and pick up an iPhone X.

On 27 October starting just before 9am, I kept refreshing the pre-order page until finally could order as fast as humanly possible. In my case there was a glitch with the payment. My bank account was debited € 1.388,00 but then on the order page for a long time it was stuck on “waiting for payment” before the ship date was confirmed.

As a solution Apple Support suggested I log in at 6am everyday to try to reserve an iPhone for pickup, which I have been doing but no luck so far.

This added insult to injury as it shows there is stock available. Instead of making it available to people who pre-ordered now 11 days ago (and experienced glitches), nope these iPhone Xs go to whomever has the best connection and fastest reflexes same day as reserved.
Wow that sounds terrible, I'm so sorry.

Galatian

macrumors 6502
Dec 20, 2010
Berlin
This tells me how much disrespect Apple has for its European customers by delaying the opening of the Apple Store preordering page. The Apple Store App didn’t open for me at 9:01. I had to wait for 3-4 minutes before I could start preordering. I got my confirmation email at 9:13.

Oh well somebody had to be slower. I think it is more a problem of the server overload. I refreshed until 3 min. past 9 and it only worked oj my Mac. It was still showing delivery on the 3rd but by the time I finished ordering it had already slipped to 21 - 28. Now that by itself isn't a problem, but I find it disingenuous from apple to say 2 - 3 week, while it is 4 - 5 weeks when you start counting from the date of order. Also, I feel like a second-class Apple customer since a lot of people in the USA on installment plans or iUP are getting their date bumped up. I mean that stock has to come from somewhere, right? I just don't see iUP customers being anything special, because I pay the full 1550€ up front.

Then again it is just a phone, so why whine so hard? ;-)

Reactions: servalpe

macrem

macrumors 65816
Mar 11, 2008
Looks like there was no possibility to reserve today.
Wow that sounds terrible, I'm so sorry.
You’re kinder than Apple, thank you :)

It gets worse: I went to Düsseldorf Apple Store for the launch. Apple representatives kept informing us there will be no problem to get iPhones with 256GB from where we were in line, where I waited from 4:30 in cold wind. From 6am to 8am we weren’t even allowed to sit down anymore, if you brought a chair it had to be placed across the street. Then at 8am they told us there weren’t enough iPhones with 256GB for about 50 people in front and +100 people behind me. It seems we were were all just used as a photo op.

Reactions: Menopause

CatalinApple

Contributor
Oct 28, 2016
Oh well somebody had to be slower. I think it is more a problem of the server overload. I refreshed until 3 min. past 9 and it only worked oj my Mac. It was still showing delivery on the 3rd but by the time I finished ordering it had already slipped to 21 - 28. Now that by itself isn't a problem, but I find it disingenuous from apple to say 2 - 3 week, while it is 4 - 5 weeks when you start counting from the date of order. Also, I feel like a second-class Apple customer since a lot of people in the USA on installment plans or iUP are getting their date bumped up. I mean that stock has to come from somewhere, right? I just don't see iUP customers being anything special, because I pay the full 1550€ up front.

Then again it is just a phone, so why whine so hard? ;-)
I am not whining but I don't like it when they give others privileges. They know that people were holding off for iPhone X and it happens almost every year when a new Apple product is announced. They should be prepared, after all they accumulated a lot of experience throughout the years. From what I have read around here, everyone that was in the Apple iPhone Upgrade Program got his phone earlier even if it was showing November 20-27th. Apple is supposed to treat everyone equally no matter how they paid or ordered their Apple product. In the end if you don't want to treat everyone equally just don't sell the product in that specific country.

elhungarian

macrumors 6502
Aug 13, 2009
Same. I store didn’t open until 5-10min after US. Had a buddy write me once the us store opened. I don’t get how some in EU got nov 3rd shipment?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.