Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GrandeLatte

macrumors 6502a
Jul 2, 2016
This is my February Challenge. I also have Unity Challenge too.
IMG_0903.jpeg

IMG_0862.PNG

BlackBun

Suspended
Oct 20, 2020
Wokingham U.K.
I have to do 367.8 miles…I wonder what the average sixty three year old should be expected to do! My legs ache! The trouble with these challenges is they keep pushing it. I see no reason for the exact same challenge to be repeated or perhaps give a choice of challenges and pick an appropriate one you know if I’d pulled a hamstring the mileage one would be out but I could still do a calorie or minute focused target. This will challenge until there’s an ultimate failure. Probably put the Watch away then.

Runs For Fun

macrumors 65816
Nov 6, 2017
I have to do 367.8 miles…I wonder what the average sixty three year old should be expected to do! My legs ache! The trouble with these challenges is they keep pushing it. I see no reason for the exact same challenge to be repeated or perhaps give a choice of challenges and pick an appropriate one you know if I’d pulled a hamstring the mileage one would be out but I could still do a calorie or minute focused target. This will challenge until there’s an ultimate failure. Probably put the Watch away then.
I agree, they really need to tweak the algorithm for these challenges. Prior to January I missed like the previous 3, but I've decided I really don't care if I miss them. I usually come pretty close so I know I'm already putting in a lot of effort.

Bballrob

macrumors 6502a
Jul 11, 2017
Alaska
So my monthly challenge is 2400 exercise minutes, which calculates out to 85 minutes per day. Well, I worked 12 high school basketball games over the weekend to get off to a blazing start. I now need an average of 72 minutes over the rest of the month.

The unity challenge never showed as an “available” challenge to me, however, I did receive the award yesterday, so somethings ticking.

jz0309

Contributor
Sep 25, 2018
SoCal
Yep, the algorithm is questionable to say the least, and for all I know it has been the same for years. We’ve discussed this many times here already, I am for the most part ignoring these challenges, if I make them, great, if not, great.
My personal advice: set your own goal and meet that!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.