Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kp98077

macrumors 601
Original poster
Oct 26, 2010
Interested to see if anyone has decided to return/exchange their green iPhone Pro Max for something different? Still on the fence about green - liked the thought I’d it at first, but a few days later missing traditional SG or silver a tiny bit!

Reactions: tomtattoo

Caliber26

macrumors 68020
Sep 25, 2009
Orlando, FL
Yeah I’m in the same boat as you. I got the silver/white for the X and XS and decided I wanted to switch it up this year and went for the new “must have” color and now I’m wishing I would’ve gone with white again. The green doesn’t even look green under most lighting. Just looks like a boring gray. You have to be in fluorescent or outdoor lighting to really appreciate its color.

I’m tempted to swap it out but not sure I have the energy or time to go to the Apple Store and deal with that madness. Plus the tedious work of setting up the phone again and having to sync all my stuff to it.

areyes163

macrumors 6502a
Jun 15, 2012
Initially I was excited for green. Then I saw it in person and decided to pass. Once I saw the silver I knew I had to have it. I have always gotten the black or SG. This is the first time I’ve had silver. It looks amazing to me this time around.

I was accusing disappointed I didn’t like the green. I thought for sure I would have.

zokstar

macrumors regular
Aug 15, 2016
Sydney
I’m rocking the midnight green in apples clear case/cover.

Haven’t really checked out the other colours in person so probably the reason why I’m sticking with it

Reactions: lykbutta

aFlockaCgulz

Suspended
Aug 21, 2019
No regrets here on my midnight green Pro Max, but I have to admit the Space Gray on the Pro is equally smashing.

CarboysDesire

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2008
Las Vegas
I saw one before mine arrived and I regretted ordering green immediately. Looked dull and boring.

I have always had either white or silver. Once I had gold.

Now I have mine and I put a Spigen clear case on it which gave it a glossy finish. I think I may like it! I definitely don’t hate it.

Is there a restocking fee if you exchange it?

Attachments

• 76D773D4-52E6-4DF2-93E0-85081DFD11C1.jpeg
    76D773D4-52E6-4DF2-93E0-85081DFD11C1.jpeg
    584.7 KB · Views: 1,107
Reactions: Breezygirl

kp98077

macrumors 601
Original poster
Oct 26, 2010
Initially I was excited for green. Then I saw it in person and decided to pass. Once I saw the silver I knew I had to have it. I have always gotten the black or SG. This is the first time I’ve had silver. It looks amazing to me this time around.

I was accusing disappointed I didn’t like the green. I thought for sure I would have.
I like silver too, or white, but looks shimmery to me! lol.. maybe its just me.....but its clean!
[automerge]1569554225[/automerge]
I saw one before mine arrived and I regretted ordering green immediately. Looked dull and boring.

I have always had either white or silver. Once I had gold.

Now I have mine and I put a Spigen clear case on it which gave it a glossy finish. I think I may like it! I definitely don’t hate it.

Is there a restocking fee if you exchange it?
is yours green or SG?

gabo864

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2012
I’m not really sure what to do. I have the midnight green, but I want to swap it out for the silver one. My problem is I don’t live near an Apple store and I bought my phone from Apple on the Verizon installment plan. I don’t want to just return it because I don’t have any other phone to use while I wait on the silver one. Best Buy and target don’t have them in stocks. Verizon does have them, but I’m not sure they would let me buy one since I haven’t returned the one I have now to Apple. I wouldn’t mind buying it outright since I was gonna pay off my installment anyway, but I think they’ll require me to return the one I have now before they can sell me one outright :(

Reactions: kp98077

internetrando

macrumors 6502a
Jun 5, 2018
Texas
Rocking a naked 11 Pro Max Midnight Green. I still love it.

I imagine that I will still love it 11 months from now when I am drooling over the next release; just like I did the Jet Black.

swarlos

Suspended
Oct 18, 2015
I initially wanted the green but quickly decided I wanted a red iPhone 11 so preordered that.

When picking up my 11 I only briefly looked at the green but on Sunday night I went to Best Buy and saw the space gray and immediately fell in love I had the SG for my X then got gold for my X? Max but the Pro Max gray reminded me of the slate gray iPhone 5. So immediately that night I started checking the  store app for stock at my local  store.

Tuesday was my day so I left class early and had to miss my second class LOL to exchange my red 11 for my beautiful space gray Pro Max.

Reactions: MAXAAPL

Bethanie21

macrumors 6502a
Aug 19, 2015
I’m glad I didn’t go for midnight green, once the hype wears off you realise it’s a tad dull. I went for gold and my god this thing is pretty ? prettiest iPhone I’ve owned!

Reactions: DianaMR and bevsb2

greytmom

macrumors 68040
Jun 23, 2010
Love my midnight green Pro Max. Have it in a clear Caudabe case, with a sunflower pop socket.

Reactions: 5105973

Shark5150

macrumors 68000
Sep 24, 2014
Dallas, Texas
It's a nice change for me. I've always had either space gray or silver. I do like the green color shift on it. And everyone asks about it since it's a new color.

Mad4clay

macrumors 6502
Aug 10, 2013
Minnesota
I loved the color when I first saw it introduced. I wasn't planning on getting the new phone, but the color really drew me in. I had to have it! So i went to the new Apple store at MOA on Saturday and picked it up and I couldn't be more pleased with my choice.

Reactions: Shark5150

DaveOP

macrumors 68000
May 29, 2011
Portland, OR
I am loving my MG even more now that it's in a Saddle Brown leather case. In the clear case I returned, it was very hard to see the color. Since the green contrasts so much with the saddle brown, the green color is extremely apparent now and I think the combo is very classy looking. No regrets here.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.