Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Pipper99

macrumors 68040
Aug 14, 2010
Fort Worth, TX
I’m still enjoying my MG, but I do keep checking out the silver, so I’m a bit torn. I had a silver X and loved it, but the new frosted silver back looks even better. I had the gold XS Max, so I was going to go with Space Gray until I saw the new green which is very subtle and often looks gray (I feel like I have two colors: sometimes green, sometimes gray).

The thing that bothers me about the silver is that stainless band: it only looks shiny right out of the box before it’s touched. After that, it’s smudge city. Few people would notice, but I get the color for my own pleasure, and I notice it all the time on my device. The green and gray color bands get smudged up too, but it’s not noticeable to me.

I’m probably sticking with the green, though, since I’ve had bright and bling-y phones the last two years, and green still has that dark, monolith-slab look.

Pipper99

macrumors 68040
Aug 14, 2010
Fort Worth, TX
I saw one before mine arrived and I regretted ordering green immediately. Looked dull and boring.

I have always had either white or silver. Once I had gold.

Now I have mine and I put a Spigen clear case on it which gave it a glossy finish. I think I may like it! I definitely don’t hate it.

Is there a restocking fee if you exchange it?

If you purchased it from Apple and not a carrier, there is no restocking fee for an exchange or return. In the past, AT&T would charge a $35 restocking fee for returns/exchanges, and I’m guessing that’s still the case. I don’t know about the other carriers or countries.

MisterSavage

macrumors 601
Nov 10, 2018
I like my green a lot but it doesn't really matter because I put it in a case and you can barely see the color.

LonestarOne

macrumors 65816
Sep 13, 2019
McKinney, TX
All of Apple’s colors are pretty subtle (aka boring), thanks to Jonny Ives. Color doesn’t really matter much since my phones are rarely out of a case, but I got the midnight green because it was a small step in the right direction, and I’m hoping its success will encourage Apple to continue.

Who knows, 10 years from now, Apple might actually be able to break away from that “flat” UI.

vhl71

macrumors 6502
Oct 8, 2009
What cases do you have on those MG phones? I've the clear case from apple - not so happy. Feels bulky and cheap. I dont want to cover this color up with some other leather apple case..What do you guys have?

Ctg44

macrumors regular
Sep 25, 2012
Got the green to change it up from going space grey all these years. I don’t dislike it, but silver is definitely nicer looking IMO.

kungxpao

macrumors 6502
Sep 10, 2014
Socal
Bought into the new color hype. Tried to like it but the color is dull looking and too similar to space gray in most lighting.

Exchanged it for a Silver one and couldn’t be happier. The white back with the silver band is stunning.

kp98077

macrumors 601
Original poster
Oct 26, 2010
What cases do you have on those MG phones? I've the clear case from apple - not so happy. Feels bulky and cheap. I dont want to cover this color up with some other leather apple case..What do you guys have?
I had the clear case didn't like it at all, felt cheap and slippery, and shows prints. got the black leather love it...

craigio85

macrumors 6502a
Jun 27, 2017
United Kingdom
I am loving my MG even more now that it's in a Saddle Brown leather case. In the clear case I returned, it was very hard to see the color. Since the green contrasts so much with the saddle brown, the green color is extremely apparent now and I think the combo is very classy looking. No regrets here.
Also rocking this combination - it’ll look even better once I’ve got a bit of patina. It’s only just barely starting to appear. I love how the brown colour makes the green on the stainless steel at the bottom more prominent.

Reactions: DaveOP

tps3443

macrumors 65816
Jan 24, 2019
NC,USA
I love the midnight green, and I am glad I picked it. I am totally satisfied 100% still. I have had my Pro Max for 7 days.

IconIc215

macrumors 65816
Oct 11, 2013
I am sort of wavering back and forth here myself...currently have MG and contemplating swapping for SG or Silver. I really like the MG color just not sure if I will a whole year from now. Decisions....Decisions....

bevsb2

Contributor
Nov 23, 2012
I’m glad I didn’t go for midnight green, once the hype wears off you realise it’s a tad dull. I went for gold and my god this thing is pretty ? prettiest iPhone I’ve owned!

Agree. I love the 11 Pro in gold and for the first time I'm using a clear case so I can enjoy the color.

Reactions: Bethanie21

BradLA

macrumors regular
Sep 26, 2016
Los Angeles, CA
Midnight green Pro Max and I still love it. Went to the Apple store and checked out the other colors, have no regrets.

My #2 would be the silver, which I normally think is kind of bland, but this one looks pretty cool in person.

Jmik4

macrumors member
Sep 23, 2019
Ive had my midnight green pro max for 7 days now and I’m 95% sure I’m going to exchange it for silver. I’ve always loved the silver but I bought into the green hype and it’s looking more and more bland to me as the days go by and that’s only a week in. Just my opinion though. If I could use my phone without a case, (I work in cosmetics and need a case) I would probably keep the MG but I love how the stainless band contrasts the saddle brown case. Either way you can’t go wrong!!

Update:
I just finished exchanging my MG Pro Max for a Silver Pro Max and I’m extremely happy with my decision. They also let me just do the iPhone direct transfer right there which made it seamless.

Last edited:

kp98077

macrumors 601
Original poster
Oct 26, 2010
Ive had my midnight green pro max for 7 days now and I’m 95% sure I’m going to exchange it for silver. I’ve always loved the silver but I bought into the green hype and it’s looking more and more bland to me as the days go by and that’s only a week in. Just my opinion though. If I could use my phone without a case, (I work in cosmetics and need a case) I would probably keep the MG but I love how the stainless band contrasts the saddle brown case. Either way you can’t go wrong!!
Good points. Having hard time finding cases that look good with the green. Black and clear but I didn’t think saddle did ( my fav) !!

IconIc215

macrumors 65816
Oct 11, 2013
Good points. Having hard time finding cases that look good with the green. Black and clear but I didn’t think saddle did ( my fav) !!

I currently have the Forest Green leather which I think pairs well with it. But true, color selections are limited vs the other color phones.

Vothic

macrumors newbie
Apr 28, 2013
I will probably keep mine, but after a week I really feel the color is not for me. When the light conditions are such that it looks like it does in the advertising it is great and I enjoy the color. However, I find in most light conditions it is a dull grey or some other lifeless shade. The edges usually look black and to me don't match well with any of the Apple cases except the green leather one. After having the MG color since launch day, if I had it do over I would go with Silver or Gold. Oh well.

dsr2

macrumors regular
Aug 19, 2013
Have the green 11 pro and could not be happier. I usually get a black or silver one and immediately put a hunter green case on it the first chance I get. This time around, strictly clear case. Hunter green is my favorite color.

Reactions: 5105973

Knotsure79

macrumors newbie
Jul 29, 2018
I’m not really sure what to do. I have the midnight green, but I want to swap it out for the silver one. My problem is I don’t live near an Apple store and I bought my phone from Apple on the Verizon installment plan. I don’t want to just return it because I don’t have any other phone to use while I wait on the silver one. Best Buy and target don’t have them in stocks. Verizon does have them, but I’m not sure they would let me buy one since I haven’t returned the one I have now to Apple. I wouldn’t mind buying it outright since I was gonna pay off my installment anyway, but I think they’ll require me to return the one I have now before they can sell me one outright :(

You could buy the new one and then return the one you don’t like. If you are willing to buy it outright then do that. You can buy as many iPhones as you want if you have the cash. I think I read that right.

kp98077

macrumors 601
Original poster
Oct 26, 2010
the issue I think is the green is always a different color, so those with OCD, not good lol! it really is different...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.