Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

oxfan

macrumors member
Dec 5, 2008
Vulcan Bomber at Royal International Air Tattoo 2009

Attachments

• DSC_0038.jpg
    DSC_0038.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 73

Designer Dale

macrumors 68040
Mar 25, 2009
Folding space
This my 2nd. for this round. This is a technical challenge for my old hardware.

Post processing with Levels only.

Dale

Attachments

• 4TNight_21.jpg
    4TNight_21.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 52

Maxxamillian

macrumors 6502
Nov 16, 2004
Utah
Sunset at Rodeo Beach, San Francisco

Visually stunning--not the most technically correct but I say who cares?

Thanks for the critique Maxxamillian! I really appreciate it. Yeah, of the 3, I'm happiest with the first one. I can understand what you are saying with the second one as well. I didn't have a long enough lens with me to really get the focus on the fisherman, so on a whim I jsut tried to juxtapose his sillhouette in that setting.... I think if I had been closer, the framing and the composition would have been better as well.

As for the third pic, do you think a composition like this is more appropriate?
3733238184_e3835e0cc6.jpg

MUCH better. Better composure and less guesswork :D

Chappers

macrumors 68020
Aug 12, 2003
At home
How did I miss this? The smoothness of the water and subtle colors throughout really works for this picture!

Thank you - I try to keep things simple and natural, I was on a little fishing boat eating fresh fish in a piece of bread and took a few pics to capture the moment.

oxfan

macrumors member
Dec 5, 2008
I think that'd benefit from being a bit brighter, and maybe a tighter crop. But I can't think of many planes better the Vulcan befitting a nice silhouette.

Thanks for the comments- I was trying to make it look moody, but you're right; in hindsight I darkened it too much.

Designer Dale

macrumors 68040
Mar 25, 2009
Folding space
Wow, I am really impressed by the photographs here; I am really glad so many people have decided to participate. As soon as the sun comes out here in Minnesota I'll be joining in myself.

I want to draw everyone's attention to the fact we need a topic for the next challenge. I have setup a thread here to discuss the next topic. Please come and suggest new topics. If no one participates then the challenges are going to die out. The new challenge starts in a week.

John

Hi, folks.

We need to reload this project in four days and there are only three suggestions from two users for the next topic. Join in.

Dale

JohnMC

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 5, 2006
Duluth, MN
Hi All, I wanted to let everyone know that the voting for our next topic has begun in this thread. Please stop by and cast your vote. Voting ends Monday at 5PM CDT.

John

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.