Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

deep diver

macrumors 68030
Jan 17, 2008
Philadelphia.
Okay Simon. What is it?

Attachments

• what is it.jpg
    what is it.jpg
    655.7 KB · Views: 76

deep diver

macrumors 68030
Jan 17, 2008
Philadelphia.
A friend of mine that believes there are no coincidences thinks this is weird. I'm okay with it, but I thought I'd put it out there.

The first image is a slice of rhodochrosite. I thought it was pretty boring so I stitched it together with it's mirror image resulting in, I thought, a good image (2nd image). My friend identified a man inside the cathedral structure (marked in 3rd picture). "Twilight Zone" stuff or not? You decide. :rolleyes:

Attachments

• Cathedral core 5x7.JPG
    Cathedral core 5x7.JPG
    190.4 KB · Views: 67
  • Cathedral.JPG
    Cathedral.JPG
    195.2 KB · Views: 56
  • Cathedral-marked.jpg
    Cathedral-marked.jpg
    187.7 KB · Views: 74

Designer Dale

macrumors 68040
Mar 25, 2009
Folding space
A friend of mine that believes there are no coincidences thinks this is weird. I'm okay with it, but I thought I'd put it out there.

The first image is a slice of rhodochrosite. I thought it was pretty boring so I stitched it together with it's mirror image resulting in, I thought, a good image (2nd image). My friend identified a man inside the cathedral structure (marked in 3rd picture). "Twilight Zone" stuff or not? You decide. :rolleyes:

I'm digging that alien up there :)

Dale

Attachments

• Cathedral-marked.jpg
    Cathedral-marked.jpg
    178.8 KB · Views: 65

deep diver

macrumors 68030
Jan 17, 2008
Philadelphia.
One of my latest paintings which a friend called eerie!

I immediately thought Edvard Munch when I saw this. I think this is an outstanding image. I would love to see the entire work. I don't know if you took this straight on or if you shot this across the canvas. Either way, there is fantastic depth. Very well done.

Chappers

macrumors 68020
Aug 12, 2003
At home
It is an anemone, hanging down from an overhang. The original & Nemo:

OK - I've been lucky so far but I really like this as an idea for the next thread - although it might be a tough one to continue for two weeks. Maybe it could be a side line to the thread.

Great photos especially of the ananenannanenome :) it fits the theme here too. My son loves Nemo and they have some at our local shopping centre aquarium. This is great too (through glass) good shot.

CK Williams

macrumors 6502a
Dec 27, 2008
Las Vegas
Great photos posted in this challenge!

Andy, great image of the painting. The detail and lighting are terrific.

someoldguy, the cemetery shot fits perfectly into the topic and it's a very good photo.

Chappers, I love the portrait and it's a story to remind him of when he gets older ;)

deepdiver, outstanding shots! I wish my aquarium photos turned out that nice and the detail on the rhodochrosite is amazing. Thanks for the comment also. That one just timed out right. I was able to see straight through and spot one of the FFs in the back yard.

I'm looking forward to the next challenge, although if its upside down anemones I'm sunk :D

Chappers

macrumors 68020
Aug 12, 2003
At home
Chappers, I love the portrait and it's a story to remind him of when he gets older ;)
Oh I have a few of those believe me. If we ever have a kids challenge I'll post a few.

A few fun shots.

Boo!

Yes, the minivan IS the Mystery Machine.
Pumpkins - that the signal for me to running to the hills and hide. (well carved though) Great snaps of a loving family - not great artist master pieces - but hey who cares. I love them (well except the pumpkins that I have a developing phobia too) :D Any one who has made that much effort for their kids deserves points in my book.

mtbdudex

macrumors 68030
Aug 28, 2007
SE Michigan
Oh I have a few of those believe me. If we ever have a kids challenge I'll post a few.

Pumpkins - that the signal for me to running to the hills and hide. (well carved though) Great snaps of a loving family - not great artist master pieces - but hey who cares. I love them (well except the pumpkins that I have a developing phobia too) :D Any one who has made that much effort for their kids deserves points in my book.

Yea, those are not "eerie", here's one I took a few years back.
Straight from digital camera, no processing.
DSCN2331.JPG

Chappers

macrumors 68020
Aug 12, 2003
At home

No - all pumpkins are eerie. Your ones are great but all are scary.
This tunnel effect is great but with such warm happy eyes it not possible to be eerie. Lovely shot.

Pumpkins bad -

Your kids not eerie - sorry.

joepunk

macrumors 68030
Aug 5, 2004
a profane existence
Fremont Zombie Walk, Seattle

More scary than eerie but I thought he did a great job on the make-up, unlike some other people who just showed up with some ripped clothes and red paint

Attachments

• 3698679107_581def961e.jpg
    3698679107_581def961e.jpg
    133.7 KB · Views: 60

deep diver

macrumors 68030
Jan 17, 2008
Philadelphia.
My son loves Nemo and they have some at our local shopping centre aquarium. This is great too (through glass) good shot.

It took 10 minutes (maybe more) before I got this shot. It was like Nemo was messing with my head. Just as I was about to push the shutter release the bugger would date away ------ ever time.

deepdiver, outstanding shots! I wish my aquarium photos turned out that nice and the detail on the rhodochrosite is amazing. Thanks for the comment also. That one just timed out right. I was able to see straight through and spot one of the FFs in the back yard.

I did not see the FF until I just went back and looked. That makes the shot that much more meaningful.

I appreciate your comment. They are all the product of a lot of luck -- these were shot on the first or second time I ever did aquarium shots.

deep diver

macrumors 68030
Jan 17, 2008
Philadelphia.

This is outstanding. I think it is eerie. I have this sense of that young angelic face staring at me as if I were on exhibit. It will be something to think about on my next trip to the zoo.

Chappers

macrumors 68020
Aug 12, 2003
At home
It took 10 minutes (maybe more) before I got this shot. It was like Nemo was messing with my head. Just as I was about to push the shutter release the bugger would date away ------ ever time.
:D:D:D:D

They are all the product of a lot of luck -- these were shot on the first or second time I ever did aquarium shots.
A good photographer isn't lucky - they are good.

Fremont Zombie Walk, Seattle

More scary than eerie but I thought he did a great job on the make-up, unlike some other people who just showed up with some ripped clothes and red paint
Great make-up as you say. WOuld have been cool to see a bit more of him and his costume

One word: Prozac..... unless of course the pumpkins start talking to you. In that case the word is Haldol. :rolleyes::D
Hey I live on a mountain and they sell Prozac over the counter in the pharmacists (yep you don't need to see a Doctor to get it) - any more pumpkins and I'm off :D:D:D:D:D

This is a wonderful bit of work. It really shows the extent of creative possibilities provided by the camera. This is why I love photography.
Dale

Well said.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.