Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Knowimagination

macrumors 68020
Apr 6, 2010
Most people just jumping on the train because its something new and improved from Apple. I do want to try them out but I am worried about how they will fit, I think I need to find an old set of earpods and cut the cord off and see how it feels. Do doubt they will offer premium sound quality, but I prob will give them a try.
I did exactly that and I think that it has made up my mind not to get the airpods. I just don't find them comfortable for longer periods of time. I think I may try out the Beats X instead.

Will22

macrumors 65816
Dec 4, 2011
They're not made by Apple, they're designed by Apple.

Sorry I should have put, because they are by apple, but I thought even a 10 year old would know what was meant.

I drive a VW and about 10% of it is made by VW but it's still a VW:rolleyes:

Reactions: willmtaylor

Itsedstech

macrumors 65816
Jul 24, 2011
Kansas
i have the jaybird freedom f5, they have amazing sound quality but there bluetooth connection is meh. always have to toggle audio source when going from music to facebook videos. Always disconencting from my watch as well when i have both it and the iphone paired. hopeing the icloud pairing works as advertised to switch flawlessly from my iphone to apple watch when i go on runs, if so this alone will be worth the price tag. Ive gotten over their ugliness lol

Ronnoco

macrumors 68030
Oct 16, 2007
United States of America
I'm sure not as many than will not buy them because they're better options.
Well, we know the Samsung fanboys won't buy them because they are made by Apple, then there will be those that buy them, return them, and simply complain about how crappy Apple made them and what a waste of money they are. Happens all the time here. If someone thinks they sound good to them, then that is all that matters...not what some other person tells them sound better.

sunapple

macrumors 68030
Jul 16, 2013
The Netherlands
The Airpods are likely two weeks out. Jaybirds are nice. In my opinion, I think the Airpods will be worth the wait. I'm hoping the sound quality will be worth the wait with the Airpods.

Do you like the sound quality of the wired EarPods? I mean, they're OK, but not the best. From what I've read from both Wired and The Verge, sound quality of AirPods is on par with EarPods which to them means NOT okay.

The oddest thing about the AirPods isn’t how they look; it’s that Apple’s evidently not all that concerned with how they sound. Your $159 doesn’t buy you any better audio than you’ll get from the EarPods that come free in the box with your iPhone. I mean, look: they sound fine. Statistically, most people are fine with the EarPods, and they’ll be fine with the AirPods too. But if you’ve ever purchased a pair of headphones that cost more than $50, I’d bet they sound better than the AirPods. If you’ve spent more than $100, they definitely do.
Wired (5 out of 10): https://www.wired.com/2016/09/review-apple-airpods/

Will22

macrumors 65816
Dec 4, 2011
Well, we know the Samsung fanboys won't buy them because they are made by Apple, then there will be those that buy them, return them, and simply complain about how crappy Apple made them and what a waste of money they are. Happens all the time here. If someone thinks they sound good to them, then that is all that matters...not what some other person tells them sound better.

Providing all the Samsung boys haven't been burnt by their Note 7's:D

Personally I won't get them because they(if like the wired ones) will fall out of my ears at the slightest movement of my head.

Polaroid

macrumors 65816
Oct 1, 2013
Most people just jumping on the train because its something new and improved from Apple. I do want to try them out but I am worried about how they will fit, I think I need to find an old set of earpods and cut the cord off and see how it feels. Do doubt they will offer premium sound quality, but I prob will give them a try.

Just buy and try - Apple accepts returns on opened products, my store told me people even buy Mac Book Pro's and return at end of month, then rebuy etc

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Do you like the sound quality of the wired EarPods? I mean, they're OK, but not the best. From what I've read from both Wired and The Verge, sound quality of AirPods is on par with EarPods which to them means NOT okay.

Wired (5 out of 10): https://www.wired.com/2016/09/review-apple-airpods/

I'm Confident the AirPods will sound more adequate than the wired ear pods. More so, I think the comfortability is going to be key over the sound. If they're not comfortable, you won't wear them. Therefore, the sound would be negated no matter how good they are. There definitely not the most appealing looking, but I think it's a step in the right direction for Apple. And I definitely see these evolving into more discrete and innovative way.

techspin

macrumors 6502a
Jul 21, 2014
The controller on the Freedoms isn't too cumbersome? It's probably less of an issue if you wear it over your ears.

The tech behind the AirPods is cool but they look like two q-tips tbh. Anyone concerned about sound quality is better off with a pair of Beats. The best drivers in the world won't do much without proper isolation and fit.

Reactions: Peter K.

Shark5150

macrumors 68000
Sep 24, 2014
Dallas, Texas
Sorry I should have put, because they are by apple, but I thought even a 10 year old would know what was meant.

I drive a VW and about 10% of it is made by VW but it's still a VW:rolleyes:
It was just a smart a$$ retort made by him. Maybe he was miffed it wasn't designed or made in the land down under.

AppleRobert

macrumors 603
Nov 12, 2012
I am not concerned for the sound quality, Samsung has delivered with its IconX I tried. Apple should be able to match.

Will the darn things stay in my ears? I am not concerned about lookin dorky to tell the truth, give me good sound and nice fit.

AppleRobert

macrumors 603
Nov 12, 2012
Well now I have Jaybirds x2 for $79 and the other day I bought a pair of B&W P5 s2 also at BB for $149. I know the latter is not wireless but I have the x2s for that so I am set. I may try the Airpods but with the delay at least I have options at great prices that I Purchased.

I returned the Gear icon X, not worth the money.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.