Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

FrankySavvy

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 4, 2010
Long Island, NY
Major Graphic Issue with new 15" BTO MacBook Pro with Radeon 460 4GB VRAM. When I change desktops using the gesture on the trackpad, graphical issues occur, this is with graphic switching toggled both on and off. Anyone else? Literally just got it today :(

glicth1.jpg glitch2.jpg

TheBacklash

Suspended
Oct 23, 2013
He probably wants to see if this turns into a problem that many people have, or an isolated issue to just you.

Or to see if you are trolling... (not saying you are, but there are others that are trolling with their "issues" lately)
Hell i posted the link real quick so I could subscribe to the thread myself.

MareLuce

macrumors 65816
Sep 26, 2010
Yikes! I'll try this when I get mine on Friday (460 with 4GB).

This will be my first MacBook. How do I change desktops using gesture on the trackpad?

thekev

macrumors 604
Aug 5, 2010
Hmm. Looks like it could be, unfortunately, defective. Make an appointment at the store and see what they say.

Have you tried PRAM/NVRAM resets?

It doesn't cause that kind of problem.

FrankySavvy

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 4, 2010
Long Island, NY
He probably wants to see if this turns into a problem that many people have, or an isolated issue to just you.

Or to see if you are trolling... (not saying you are, but there are others that are trolling with their "issues" lately)
Hell i posted the link real quick so I could subscribe to the thread myself.

I appreciate that! Its a shame this could be an issue already with the 2016 MBP :(
[doublepost=1479279834][/doublepost]
Yikes! I'll try this when I get mine on Friday (460 with 4GB).

This will be my first MacBook. How do I change desktops using gesture on the trackpad?

4 finger swipe left and right - I maximized Safari and it put it on its own desktop and I swiped left which brings you to the desktop to the right and swiping back and forth can sometimes generate the graphic issue.
[doublepost=1479280049][/doublepost]I tried resetting the PRAM, not sure if thats going to help.

tob!

macrumors regular
Aug 17, 2011
Germany
I once had similar issues on an older MBP. They swapped the whole motherboard with CPU and everything. Looks like an hardware issue.

FrankySavvy

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 4, 2010
Long Island, NY
It could. May as well troubleshoot and do everything you can before sending the thing back and waiting weeks for a BTO replacement.

I don't think I could rule anything out.

I think Apple would let me keep the defective one and return it when the replacement arrives. I use this for business and I have heard similar stories of Apple letting the user keep the defective unit, until the new one arrives. One can only hope.

Lobwedgephil

Contributor
Apr 7, 2012
Dang, that looks bad. Not sure what you mean by changing desktops, but mine hasn't shown anything like that. My old 2012 did though before I got it replaced.

troyremix1

macrumors newbie
Nov 16, 2016
So when you reboot your computer does it show a weird graphic glitch at the login screen?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.