Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Gabrielanicolao

macrumors member
Dec 13, 2016
I'm using the same graphic card but not having a single issue.

If someone is having problem with the graphic card then Apple support will resolve this problem.

caddison

macrumors member
Mar 9, 2015
Midwest
I received the same crash... here's a video I made.

Same problems here, haven't been able to solve it yet. Apple wants me to do a clean install before they can/wants to help me further. Will try to do that today and see if that fixes it.
Strangely enough, I did a clean install last night (after Apple contacted me and offered me an exchange and cancelled my AppleCare) and I added 4 resource heavy videos to my Media Encoder render queue, openened Premier and After Effects and started fiddling around with those WHILE it was rendering... and I couldn't get it to crash!

My machine was hot enough to fry an egg on it... it was bogged down pretty good and started choking, but I was unable to get it to crash again.

I have no idea if my fresh OS reinstall had anything to do with that, but I'm copying some of my work files onto a drive that are total bears and I'm going to try these and see what happens.

So frustrating.
[doublepost=1482161251][/doublepost]
I'm using the same graphic card but not having a single issue.

If someone is having problem with the graphic card then Apple support will resolve this problem.
How are you using your machine?

Are you rendering video files and doing working with resource intensive programs and files?

felixswensson

macrumors newbie
Oct 24, 2016
I received the same crash... here's a video I made.

Strangely enough, I did a clean install last night (after Apple contacted me and offered me an exchange and cancelled my AppleCare) and I added 4 resource heavy videos to my Media Encoder render queue, openened Premier and After Effects and started fiddling around with those WHILE it was rendering... and I couldn't get it to crash!

My machine was hot enough to fry an egg on it... it was bogged down pretty good and started choking, but I was unable to get it to crash again.

I have no idea if my fresh OS reinstall had anything to do with that, but I'm copying some of my work files onto a drive that are total bears and I'm going to try these and see what happens.

So frustrating.
[doublepost=1482161251][/doublepost]
How are you using your machine?

Are you rendering video files and doing working with resource intensive programs and files?

We have exactly the same problems it seems. My computer always crashes when transcoding videos in Media Encoder every time. It doesn't happen right away but it always happens sooner or later.

So what you are saying is that after a clean install the machine is running very hot but doesn't crash anymore?

caddison

macrumors member
Mar 9, 2015
Midwest
So what you are saying is that after a clean install the machine is running very hot but doesn't crash anymore?
Yes, last night, after I got off the phone with Apple, I did a complete hard drive wipe and a fresh install.

I added 4 videos to my Media Encoder to render... I let those render for about 2 hours. I could hear the fans running from across the room and my computer was hot to the touch.

While they were rendering, I opened After Effects and Premiere and started messing around with an edit... the same kind of stuff I was doing with my other crashes... and nothing happened.

I did this twice, spending about 30 minutes each time messing around... and nothing.

It completed all 4 renders without crashing once.

Like I said, I'm going to try again today and see what happens... I'll report back here.
[doublepost=1482162549][/doublepost]FWIW, here's the instructions I used for a clean install: http://www.macworld.co.uk/how-to/ma...-mac-original-factory-settings-macos-3494564/

felixswensson

macrumors newbie
Oct 24, 2016
Yes, last night, after I got off the phone with Apple, I did a complete hard drive wipe and a fresh install.

I added 4 videos to my Media Encoder to render... I let those render for about 2 hours. I could hear the fans running from across the room and my computer was hot to the touch.

While they were rendering, I opened After Effects and Premiere and started messing around with an edit... the same kind of stuff I was doing with my other crashes... and nothing happened.

I did this twice, spending about 30 minutes each time messing around... and nothing.

It completed all 4 renders without crashing once.

Like I said, I'm going to try again today and see what happens... I'll report back here.
[doublepost=1482162549][/doublepost]FWIW, here's the instructions I used for a clean install: http://www.macworld.co.uk/how-to/ma...-mac-original-factory-settings-macos-3494564/

Reinstallation fixed my problems too!

But like you said.. The computer was running very hot during transcoding and seemed a bit slow. This may be normal however and in terms of speed I haven't really compared it to anything.

MrJosef

macrumors newbie
Feb 12, 2016
UK
Major Graphic Issue with new 15" BTO MacBook Pro with Radeon 460 4GB VRAM. When I change desktops using the gesture on the trackpad, graphical issues occur, this is with graphic switching toggled both on and off. Anyone else? Literally just got it today :(

View attachment 672664 View attachment 672665

Hey @FrankySavvy, I have recently experienced a very similar issue. Is your still occurring ? I am currently waiting a replacement for a BTO 2016 i7 2.9GHz, 4GB GPU460 1TB SSD

Non-Polar

macrumors regular
Jun 8, 2017
Honestly these issues look like the ones I experienced on my 2012 rMBP. Apple replaced it with the 2015 one, same story. I migrated to a PC and now use a MacBook Air. Funny how troubled these dGPU MBP's are.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.