Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jerryk

macrumors 604
Nov 3, 2011
SF Bay Area
Thanks all for comments! Makes sense I'm more clear now.

The only thing that doesn't make sense is the pricing. Refurbished MBP 2015 directly from Apple UK is 1.6k (same time they sell it as brand new at 1.9k) with Hashwell inside so basically they telling ppl to purchase a 2k laptop which will not be able to do what the 1.2k 13'' potentially can do because of KABY and not the quad core, i7, etc.

How can they price 2015 MBP 15'' so much more than the normal 13'' kaby when the disclaimer of Apple clearly states 6th generation and above for high sierra etc. I don't know i find it oxymoron

Because display of 10-bit does not matter to most people. It does not matter at all to me in how I use my laptop. But when processing power the 8 thread of executions from the quad core high throughput CPU versus the 4 thread dual core low power CPU really does matter. It means the difference of tasks taking 5 or 15 minutes.

And if they would just put an Nvidia 1060 in the machine I could be done in under 1 minute.

Seekingshred

macrumors member
Jul 4, 2017
Because display of 10-bit does not matter to most people. It does not matter at all to me in how I use my laptop. But when processing power the 8 thread of executions from the quad core high throughput CPU versus the 4 thread dual core low power CPU really does matter. It means the difference of tasks taking 5 or 15 minutes.

And if they would just put an Nvidia 1060 in the machine I could be done in under 1 minute.

So would you say that for video editing MBP 13'' Kaby, 16GB, 256 SSD > MBP 15'' Hashwell 16GB, 256SSD but in all other usual cases the opposite is true?

Jul 4, 2015
Paris
Please test with Boot Camp and AMD official drivers. It will tell you everything you need to know about the hardware features you have that Apple should be supporting.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.