Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kiranmk2

macrumors 68000
Oct 4, 2008
Picture quality looks good (albeit SD) but looks as stable as the iOS app. My first program froze during the transistion from ads back to the program and I had to quit and go back in (and then watch the ads again). Wonder why no live channels. Anyone care enough to lobby for a UKTV app?

Jay-Jacob

macrumors 6502a
Sep 10, 2015
England
I am surprised they got subtitles! Most people worry about being SD instead HD but I don’t care cos if it HD and no subtitles I can’t watch it.

They beat BBC iPlayer for access with subtitles. BBC iPlayer don’t have subtitles even I ask many time on Twitter.

Reactions: orbital~debris

Bill_Mead

macrumors newbie
Jul 1, 2017
There are certainly some things to dislike about the new All 4 app, most notably the video quality. I suspect it'll improve in 2019.
On the other hand, it's now "available" which is great, considering the long wait...and...there's a ton of quality content on All 4. They tend to leave entire series up for viewing and not drop episodes because they aired more than a month ago.
I'm a big fan of the 'Walter' box sets and a lot of the comedy too.

Reactions: orbital~debris

Sakurambo-kun

macrumors 6502a
Oct 30, 2015
UK
Furious about lack of Up Next / TV app.

Joins Netflix in being difficult about it

Yep, it's annoying. I asked C4 about the TV app, Siri support, and the lack of the ability to add things to the app's watchlist. They didn't give me a reply on the TV app front but they did say no plans for Siri and a future update would add an add to watchlist button.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.