Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Looney01

macrumors 6502
Aug 21, 2015
There seems to be light at the end of the tunnel. A few users have reported that iOS 10.3.2 Beta 4 resolves this problem.

Hmmm then the question is should I update to 10.3.2 beta 4 or stick with 10.3.1 until 10.3.2 is officially released.

Hilb

macrumors newbie
Mar 9, 2017
Since Vodafone delete my "Vodafone Home" Service i dont have anymore problems with my Homebutton. And i am still on ios 10.3.1

Looney01

macrumors 6502
Aug 21, 2015
I can confirm that 10.3.2 beta 4 has resolved the issue. I upgraded today and have not had a single issue since. Very pleased that they fixed this quickly.

H4ns3n

macrumors newbie
Apr 30, 2017
It would seem that this problem is related to the sim-card and most probably to Telkom Mobile users in South Africa.
I am experiencing this home button issue being reported and I'm on Telkom mobile. That would explain the low numbers reporting the problem and the fact it only seems to be impacting folks from South Africa.
[doublepost=1493614834][/doublepost]I
Hmmm then the question is should I update to 10.3.2 beta 4 or stick with 10.3.1 until 10.3.2 is officially released.
I'd wait it out until the next update.

Looney01

macrumors 6502
Aug 21, 2015
I am experiencing this home button issue being reported and I'm on Telkom mobile. That would explain the low numbers reporting the problem and the fact it only seems to be impacting folks from South Africa.
[doublepost=1493614834][/doublepost]I

I'd wait it out until the next update.

Nope, I confirmed that it was fixed in beta 4 with carrier Telkom 28.2. Beta 5 is also fine. Have not had any issues at all.

SorayaTechKnowItAll

macrumors newbie
May 10, 2017
Hi everyone,

Johans problem is definitely NOT hardware related.

After updating my iPhone 6S Plus to iOS 10.3 I am experiencing the exact problem. The home button does not always respond to the first click when pressing, needing a second one to exit the application.

Interesting to see this happes to the iPhone 7 with the non-clicking home button. The next update will probably fix this problem so no need for everyone to go resetting phones and thinking they have a hardware problem.

Just be patient.

Cheers

My iPhone 5s running 10.3.1 also has that problem after updating. Not only the home button is responding, but volume up and down and power buttons along with home button. What I am doing is getting my 1 year old iPhone 5s repaired and remove the forgotten password after backing it up. Does anyone know what can I do that is fast and can be done at home since I need it for the next 3 days. I dropped my phone a lot but I think it is a software problem because when I googled my issue I found a lot of threats with a lot of people saying that has happened to them after updating to iOS 10.3.
~Sincerely, Soraya
[doublepost=1494478808][/doublepost]
iOS 10.3.1 was just released, perhaps that might somehow resolve this issue for those who have been experiencing it?
I would like to tell you, IT DID NOT FIX IT. I got this issue with ALL of volume up, down, home and power buttons on my iPhone 5s. And it started after THAT update not regular 10.3.

Last edited:

Airush77

macrumors newbie
Apr 29, 2012
Nope,,,,its back.
Hi I have suddenly got this issue after updating to 10.3.3. I tried reset, restore and recalibrate but button is unresponsive for between 40seconds up to 2 minutes at a turn. Complete BS APPLE....!
The great Steve Jobs would never allowed this to happen,,, he was way way way to smooth and accurate for this CRAP. Proberly another deploy so uses buy upgrade their phone,,,,no loyalty with or censerity just a bunch of money grabben theiven, control freaks.

I could almost GARANTEE that over half of the bugs\vunrabilities for Crapple devices are a business monovour designed by Apple to have customers update there devices into extiction while rendering them usless,,, by slowly over time update after update after update you remove people's choices and expire and out-date there devices (through software) and system through each update. It's not smart or clever BUT just a bunch of cunning,,dishonest and disgusting lying cheats... F off Apple for ever

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.