Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

elptdbi3lYI

macrumors 6502
Mar 26, 2021
OH YES, the newer Safari 15, is great! My pinned tabs no longer bounce around the screen with that dang url thing. I like the position of them as well. I might like the position better than down below the favorites bar... The important thing for me, is for the pinned tabs to stay put. The "H" and the Outlook logo are my two pinned tabs.

View attachment 1806307
Can toolbar coloring still be turned off?

thingstoponder

macrumors 6502a
Oct 23, 2014
OH YES, the newer Safari 15, is great! My pinned tabs no longer bounce around the screen with that dang url thing. I like the position of them as well. I might like the position better than down below the favorites bar... The important thing for me, is for the pinned tabs to stay put. The "H" and the Outlook logo are my two pinned tabs.

View attachment 1806307
The titles not being centered in the tabs looks really bad. Hope they change this.

Last edited:

mikecwest

macrumors 65816
Jul 7, 2013
The titles not being centered in the tabs looks really bad. Hope they change this.
I haven’t used tab groups yet, but my two pinned tabs sit niceyon the left and are abbreviated to the website logos. I don’t need a full name displayed. My only complaint was that the tabs were jumping around…it seems a big was fixed for disappearing tabs, maybe that was contributing to my frustration. I definitely prefer the separate tab bar.

thingstoponder

macrumors 6502a
Oct 23, 2014
I haven’t used tab groups yet, but my two pinned tabs sit niceyon the left and are abbreviated to the website logos. I don’t need a full name displayed. My only complaint was that the tabs were jumping around…it seems a big was fixed for disappearing tabs, maybe that was contributing to my frustration. I definitely prefer the separate tab bar.
I mean the title of the macrumors tab is left aligned instead of center aligned. Looks odd.

cvtem

macrumors member
Jun 8, 2016
I am guessing you are not using the option to "Show separate tab bar?" If dont use that, the tabs jump all over the place.
I was looking for how to bring back the clearly hated version, I was very disappointed after the update it went back to a whole new row for tabs.
Now I can happily remain in the minority who liked it :)

Reactions: Jeaz and mikecwest

Jeaz

macrumors 6502a
Dec 12, 2009
Sweden
I was looking for how to bring back the clearly hated version, I was very disappointed after the update it went back to a whole new row for tabs.
Now I can happily remain in the minority who liked it :)
It’s great that they have this as an option, instead of forcing users either way. Most I’ve spoken to liked the change overall, so you aren’t alone. And always hard to judge if you‘re in a minority or not as well, since it’s only those who don’t like the change are the ones who are vocal about it.

Reactions: cvtem

jeffcny

macrumors newbie
May 13, 2014
Am I doing something wrong? I used to open all bookmarks in a folder in a new tab and they would load in the background. Now they wait for me to click on each one before they finishing loading.

ArmPol

macrumors member
Sep 22, 2014
UK
Have I switched something off? When I had a webpage open with a live price such as a Binance Etherium or Bitcoin page, the tab used to constantly update to show the asset live price, now it does not?

EDIT - a restart fixed this.

Last edited:

flowrider

macrumors 604
Nov 23, 2012
So far the only issue, other then, for me, controls in unfamiliar positions. But, I'm sure I'll get used to them.

My issue concerns dark vs light pulldowns in Safari. I am not a fan of the Dark Desktop. But, the pull downs in Safari for wenb site selection, change from light to dark depending on the color of the website's header. it will change from light too dark and back to light again? I don't like it?

Lou

Fixed in Beta 6. We know have a color choice?

Color choice.jpg

Lou

stuartmitch

macrumors newbie
Aug 5, 2014
Mornington
Apologies, but I might be missing something here.

My tabs are working fine and access to reload icon is same as always. I have my preferences set to not show full website (ie page) address and the reload icon is always visible. I don't have any issues of tabs moving position. The padlock icon is always visible too. Maybe if I had too many tabs it might hide these bit, but the open tab always has room to show these. Now, I never have more than a few tabs visible as I am using the Tab Groups function which is great.

Sorry if this isn't helpful.

Cheers....Stuart

stuartmitch

macrumors newbie
Aug 5, 2014
Mornington
am confused; the order of tabs in the tool bar doesn't change (fyi. i've also set up simple key commands: option-left arrow to switch to the left tab, option-right arrow for the right; makes it easy to switch between open tabs).

but why not just line things up in the favorites bar? those icons won't move, and easy to switch between them.
The two tabs you want 'fixed' are pinned, right? I have four pinned tabs and they always sit to the left of the tab bar and never move anywhere. Sorry if I've misunderstood the issue.

stuartmitch

macrumors newbie
Aug 5, 2014
Mornington
I'm working on a project looking at Crosswords and other puzzles. When I use Safari to search, I am often unable to connect to a website at all and, at other times, I am getting to the page but portions of it are missing. I have attached the same page on Safari and Chrome and, as you'll see, the actual crossword is missing. My internet speeds are <100Mbps so that shouldn't be causing any problems. Sometimes I can't even connect to my Router Control Panel! (http://192.168.15.1 etc)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-09-15 at 10.18.57 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2021-09-15 at 10.18.57 pm.png
    440.1 KB · Views: 77
  • Screen Shot 2021-09-15 at 10.18.18 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2021-09-15 at 10.18.18 pm.png
    142 KB · Views: 76

fisherking

macrumors G4
Jul 16, 2010
ny somewhere
The two tabs you want 'fixed' are pinned, right? I have four pinned tabs and they always sit to the left of the tab bar and never move anywhere. Sorry if I've misunderstood the issue.
& not sure what you mean. i have my 6 sites in the order i want them in favorites. my 'main' window in safari is always that group. no tabs are pinned...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.