Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Gregzo

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 8, 2015
Switzerland
Our Black Friday promotion is live - get 50% on all our licenses!

https://imazing.com/store

I had to use it because I couldn’t get my windows 7 machine itunes to put backups on an attached drive. Itunes backups filled my bootdrive making it crawl. The only thing I don’t like about imazing is how it lists photos. I just want to copy off all pictures and videos and delete off the phone and ipad. Imazing scatters them across confusing folders. Although that might be an apple thing.

Glad iMazing could help you move your backups - indeed, backing up to external drive is one of our most popular features. We even support backing up iOS devices straight to NAS if your Wi-Fi is speedy enough.

About photos: we're planning a major overhaul of photo management in iMazing next year. Please do send your feedback and suggestions our way, here or at imazing.com/contact - thanks!

Reactions: TonyK

GLS

macrumors 6502a
Jun 26, 2010
I'll chime in.

Bought this app about a year ago. Worth. Every. Penny.

Used it on Thanksgiving Day to setup my sister's new iPhone from her old iPhone, then upgrade nephew from his older iPhone to sister's old iPhone. Took less than an hour to do all the tasks.

jeanbonneaut

macrumors newbie
Dec 26, 2018
Hi Gregzo,
I found your post by searching a solution to my issue on Internet, and would like to know if iMazing could help me out.
I have an iPhone 6s that bugs since a few weeks, repeatedly going into "infinite" Apple logo reboots for a few hours, then fine a gain for a day or so, and then bugging again.
It happens that I have a full iTunes backup from a few month ago, before this problem occurred, and a full backup of now.
When I fully restore the iPhone with the old backup, the phone is OK, but of course, I have lost some of my SMS, photos and so on. When I restore from the recent backup, Apple logo reboots are back.
So I would like to restore from the old backup, but then add the few SMS and photos that have been taken since the old backup. Is that possible with iMazing?

Gregzo

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 8, 2015
Switzerland
Hi Jean,

iMazing can indeed help here. The strategy is to replace messages data in the old backup by messages data from the new backup, and iMazing features backup editing tools which can do just that, even if your backups are encrypted.

The procedure is in 3 phases, all instructions refer to iMazing:
  1. Extract the SMS database and attachments from the newer, buggy backup
  2. Inject them in the older but functional backup
  3. Restore that edited backup to the target device
1) Extracting from the newer backup
  • If you haven't already, back up your iPhone with iMazing to make sure that your newest messages are in the backup.
  • Select your iPhone in iMazing's sidebar, then navigate to File System -> Backup/HomeDomain/Library and drag and drop the SMS folder to your desktop.
  • Navigate to Backup/MediaDomain/Library/SMS and drag and drop the Attachments and Parts folders to your desktop.
2) Injecting data in the older backup
  • Right click your older backup in iMazing's sidebar, and choose 'Create editable copy' from the contextual menu. This will create a shallow copy of your backup which you can safely edit without destroying the original..
  • Select the editable backup in the sidebar.
  • Navigate to File System -> HomeDomain/Library and drag and drop the SMS folder from your desktop to iMazing, to overwrite the backup's SMS folder.
  • Navigate to Media/Library/SMS and drag and drop the Attachments and Parts folders from your desktop to iMazing, to overwrite the backup's Attachments and Parts folders.
3) Restore the edited backup

Let me know how it goes!

Reactions: jgrove

bleomycin

macrumors member
Oct 14, 2011
Hi Greg,

This software seems excellent, I just purchased 2 licenses and hope to replace icloud with imazing leveraging the network automatic backups.

A couple questions/comments/problems from my use so far:

1. Backup failure notifications don't exist. I'm running imazing on a headless backup server, i don't intend to login and check daily that my devices backed up correctly. Are there plans for email notifications or something similar if a device fails to backup for X days? This is critical missing functionality, if i'm not certain my devices are being backed up automatically I can never trust the product to replace icloud.

2. Network shares are supported for backups, this is excellent! BUT, I just attempted a restore and the first thing imazing did was attempt to copy the entire backup file from the network share to a local cache. My backup VM does not have hundreds of gigs free locally and ideally shouldn't need to just to restore a backup. Please allow editing the cache directory location for backup restores.

Other than those 2 issues i'm extremely pleased with the software, excellent work! I can't wait for official windows network backup support so I can move to a totally supported platform as macos in a virtual machine isn't a friendly beast to maintain.

Reactions: mikzn

Gregzo

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 8, 2015
Switzerland
Hi Greg,

This software seems excellent, I just purchased 2 licenses and hope to replace icloud with imazing leveraging the network automatic backups.

A couple questions/comments/problems from my use so far:

1. Backup failure notifications don't exist. I'm running imazing on a headless backup server, i don't intend to login and check daily that my devices backed up correctly. Are there plans for email notifications or something similar if a device fails to backup for X days? This is critical missing functionality, if i'm not certain my devices are being backed up automatically I can never trust the product to replace icloud.

2. Network shares are supported for backups, this is excellent! BUT, I just attempted a restore and the first thing imazing did was attempt to copy the entire backup file from the network share to a local cache. My backup VM does not have hundreds of gigs free locally and ideally shouldn't need to just to restore a backup. Please allow editing the cache directory location for backup restores.

Other than those 2 issues i'm extremely pleased with the software, excellent work! I can't wait for official windows network backup support so I can move to a totally supported platform as macos in a virtual machine isn't a friendly beast to maintain.

Thanks for the kind words, and for the helpful feedback. Regarding backup notifications, you should be pleased with the direction we'll be taking later this year - we do have plans to make backing up to a headless server more viable, including via email notifications and monitoring of backup status for all your devices. But we're not there yet I'm afraid.

Regarding cache location - indeed, from network drives iMazing must make a local copy of the backup before restoring it. Having a restore interrupted by a connection issue can cause problems. I'll file a request about setting a custom temporary location - I think we may even have something internally to that effect, just not in public builds, I'll check with the team here.

Could you please get in touch directly with our tech support channel for further questions? It is MacRumors policy that this forum should not be used for tech support.

https://imazing.com/contact

Thanks!

Reactions: CoastalOR

Gregzo

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 8, 2015
Switzerland
Hi to all,

We just yesterday released a pretty huge update focused on improving iMazing's handling of messages.
Quick summary of new features:
  • New view - WhatsApp messages
  • More displayed data (sent/delivered/read status, group notifications, attachments inline, etc..)
  • Native PDF export: export conversations to PDF in bulk, customise PDF exports and prints (paper size, scale, margins...)
  • More powerful CSV and TXT exports, here again full of options to let you export just what you need
  • Much improved performance: loading is way faster, and memory footprint kept at a minimum even when browsing huge collections
Here's what the WhatsApp view looks like:

whatsapp-chat-scroll.gif

The Messages view was completely redone too. Here's a thread with the print options sheet:

messages-print.jpg

And here's our read or blog post on the update. Your feedback is always welcome!

jtara

macrumors 68020
Mar 23, 2009
I had a great deal of trouble installing the update. I was eventually able to do so. It seems it can't update (at least on MacOS Mojave) if iMazing Mini is running. It just gets stuck at some point.

I'm trying to update from 2.9.1 to 2.9.2 now, and seem to be having similar trouble, though I've closed iMazing Mini. The "extracting" taking forever.

Naw, had to kill it.

The blue bar fills, and then it hangs.

It is very confusing that if the "Updating iMazing" dialog is not the selected window, the bar goes grey, and you think nothing has happened.

OK, I give up - I just can't reproduce whatever magical sequence I did yesterday to finally update it.

Update: was finally able to update it. I can't imagine WHAT takes so long to extract and then to install. A suggestion: if you are using some ultimate high compression - don't! Bytes are cheap! User frustration is not!

----
As far as Whatsapp - the fact that iMazing can do this is just another reason why I won't use WhatsApp. (The first reason is it's from Facebook.) No way a chat program can be considered "secure" if some app running on my Mac can extract your chats.

(Question: does one have to enter a password in iMazing to decrypt Whatsapp data, or is it a sitting duck unencrypted on the device? I'll take Signal for my encrypted chat needs...)
----
I AM an iMazing fan, in any case!

Gregzo

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 8, 2015
Switzerland
I'm sorry that you experienced issues updating. Extracting Update taking so long may be related to new code signing and security checks in Mojave. It doesn't happen systematically, far from it: I've timed an update just now, the Extracting phase took less than 2 minutes. We'll have another chat about this with the team and see if there's anything we can do to speed things up!

On to your other remarks and questions:

It is very confusing that if the "Updating iMazing" dialog is not the selected window, the bar goes grey, and you think nothing has happened.

That's the default behaviour of macOS progress bars - lose focus and they turn grey.

A suggestion: if you are using some ultimate high compression - don't! Bytes are cheap! User frustration is not!
No compression, just a DMG. We use Sparkle to manage updates. Sparkle is a well known library used by many Mac apps, pretty standard stuff.

As far as Whatsapp - the fact that iMazing can do this is just another reason why I won't use WhatsApp. (The first reason is it's from Facebook.) No way a chat program can be considered "secure" if some app running on my Mac can extract your chats.
Just like data from Messages, WhatsApp data can only be pulled from a backup of your iPhone. Backups cannot be made without pairing the device to the computer first, which requires the passcode. And backups can (and should!) be encrypted, something iMazing encourages you to do when you first backup a device by flagging in red the encryption setting:
iMazing-Red-Encryption.jpg

On top of that, Mojave restricts access to the iTunes backup location: all apps wanting to read or write in there must be given access by the user, and giving that access is a manual process, not just a dialog prompt the user responds to.

(Question: does one have to enter a password in iMazing to decrypt Whatsapp data, or is it a sitting duck unencrypted on the device? I'll take Signal for my encrypted chat needs...)
iOS data protection encrypts files on the fly when you lock your iPhone. On top of that, pairing is protected by your passcode, and then there's the backup encryption layer. But yes, if you don't have backup encryption enabled, malware could potentially snoop in your backups. Enable encryption with a strong password, and don't download dodgy software! The good news is that Mojave makes it easier to spot dodgy apps thanks to notarisation: apps which are distributed outside of the App Store can submit builds to Apple for checking. If the build passes, it receives an extra signature, and Gate Keeper mentions the fact:
GateKeeper-iMazing-Notarised.png

Only apps which enable Hardened runtime can be notarised by the way. Hardened runtime is designed to make life harder for malware, and to enforce more secure coding practices.
I AM an iMazing fan, in any case!
Thank you, we'll do our best to keep deserving that. Interesting topics you raised!

Reactions: Janichsan

jtara

macrumors 68020
Mar 23, 2009
Just like data from Messages, WhatsApp data can only be pulled from a backup of your iPhone. Backups cannot be made without pairing the device to the computer first, which requires the passcode. And backups can (and should!) be encrypted,

Thanks for the explanation. Makes my point about WhatsApp. (NO reflection on your product!)

A "secure" chat app should store it's data using it's OWN encryption on device.

I do that for an app that I am responsible for. It doesn't have quite the same security requirement as a secure chat - it's an educational app. But, guess what, it may come as a shock.... students cheat! ;) So, we have answers in a database, and the database is encrypted. All you would get from a backup - encrypted or not - is an encrypted database.

(I've also previously worked on an app for field service technicians who might be working on sensitive infrastructure, etc. which wen through an extensive security audit, and so I learned a LOT from that!)

Since I know a bit about how hard it is to protect the content of mobile apps (we take some other steps, which I will not describe) I guess that most "secure" apps aren't.

FWIW, I use Signal, not Whatsapp, and urge others to as well. I'd be interested if you can extract Signal chats. ;)

(Not because I have anything to hide. Because Facebook. I'm not a Facebook member, but of course they track me like they track everybody. The less I can give them about preferences and contacts and buying habits the less I feed their evil empire...)

Gregzo

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 8, 2015
Switzerland
Signal is safer, for sure. Nothing is accessible, even from an unencrypted backup. But for many use cases, over-protecting data isn't practical and makes it less portable. If you have a strong passcode and backup password, and use File Vault, data you backup from iOS is already protected by 3 layers of security. Pros: you can export it into actionable data, something professionals use to document client interactions and bill accordingly for instance. Cons: yes, it's less secure than adding yet another layer of encryption, for sure!

Reactions: decafjava

mikzn

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2013
North Vancouver
Just a note about the update of apps for multiple devices

I have 3 iPhones and 2 iPads and each device has to download it's own updates apps - for example keynote and pages are large apps and each device had to download it's own version of the iOS app since iTunes version 9 (app thinning?) and then later the removal of app management in iTunes 12.7

Maybe I was under the wrong impression but I thought iMazing would download the complete app file (once) and then transfer to all other devices when updating with iMazing - but this does not seem to be the case. It seems to download a complete copy of the app for each device even though I tried it with an iPhone 8 and iPad pro 12.9 both on the same iOS 12.1.4

I updated the iPad (which took about an hour) and it showed that all apps were updated then connected the iPhone (to update) and iMazing began to download the same new apps for the iPhone 8 - it still seemed to need to download again the same app version for the iPhone 8 - ie Keynote, Youtube, Pages etc. and it downloaded 50 apps which it strange because I really don't think there were 50 apps that needed to be updated

Even stranger is that everytime I have backed up the iPhone or the iPad it only takes about 3 - 5 minutes - which makes me wonder what is being back up? ( i am guessing not the apps because they take forever)

Also I had to disable the iMazing encryption because it was asking for my iTunes encryption password and I don't have encryption enabled on iTunes

I do like the layout and options like the ring tone management, uploading files and access to photos, music and other areas

One of main reasons I purchased iMazing was the hope that it would be useful for updating and managing the iOS apps back on the Mac - but it seems easier and quicker to do this on the phones and ipads and there is no bandwidth / monthly data savings as far as I can tell?

Reactions: HeadphoneAddict

HeadphoneAddict

macrumors 65816
Sep 16, 2007

I have 3 iPhones and 2 iPads and each device has to download it's own updates apps - for example keynote and pages are large apps and each device had to download it's own version of the iOS app since iTunes version 9 (app thinning?) and then later the removal of app management in iTunes 12.7

Maybe I was under the wrong impression but I thought iMazing would download the complete app file (once) and then transfer to all other devices when updating with iMazing - but this does not seem to be the case. It seems to download a complete copy of the app for each device even though I tried it with an iPhone 8 and iPad pro 12.9 both on the same iOS 12.1.4

I updated the iPad (which took about an hour) and it showed that all apps were updated then connected the iPhone (to update) and iMazing began to download the same new apps for the iPhone 8 - it still seemed to need to download again the same app version for the iPhone 8 - ie Keynote, Youtube, Pages etc. and it downloaded 50 apps which it strange because I really don't think there were 50 apps that needed to be updated

Even stranger is that everytime I have backed up the iPhone or the iPad it only takes about 3 - 5 minutes - which makes me wonder what is being back up? ( i am guessing not the apps because they take forever)

Also I had to disable the iMazing encryption because it was asking for my iTunes encryption password and I don't have encryption enabled on iTunes

I do like the layout and options like the ring tone management, uploading files and access to photos, music and other areas

One of main reasons I purchased iMazing was the hope that it would be useful for updating and managing the iOS apps back on the Mac - but it seems easier and quicker to do this on the phones and ipads and there is no bandwidth / monthly data savings as far as I can tell?

That is disappointing if true, but some apps are not universal and the iPad needs a different app than iPhone. However, all versions of iPads should run the same app as the other iPads, and the iPhone version of an app that you downloaded should run on all iPhones, not just the 8.

So After you downloaded the app for the iPhone 8, will iMazing install that same app on the other 2 iPhones without needing another download?

mikzn

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2013
North Vancouver
well there is also the issue of different iOS versions - newer devices are on iOS 12.1.4 - my iPhone 4s is iOS 9.3.5

If apple is making a different app for each device ( app thinning?) then I guess there is no way around multiple downloads and it is quicker and simpler to just do the updates on each device :(

Edit
Another annoying thing was that my iPhone 6 got updated to iOS 12.1.4 when I first purchased iMazing and before I tried the app updates - I had managed to keep it on iOS 10.3.3 before purchasing iMazing

Last edited:

Gregzo

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 8, 2015
Switzerland

Hi,

Apps you download with iMazing are universal, and can be deployed not only to multiple iOS devices and models (where compatible), but also across different Apple IDs, providing that the Apple ID has acquired the app of course! Did you check the 'Keep downloaded updates' checkbox? If you did not, the downloaded app is installed on the target device, and removed from the computer.
Screenshot 2019-04-08 at 10.10.43.png

I've re-tested this right now to be 100% sure, and it worked fine. Here's what I did in iMazing's 'Manage Apps' screen:
  • Went to the Device tab of iPhone A, signed in to Apple ID A
  • Clicked 'Check for Updates'
  • Checked the 'Keep downloaded updates' checkbox
  • Updated Twitter. The update was downloaded from the App Store and installed on iPhone A.
  • Closed the wizard, connected iPhone B signed in to Apple ID B
  • Signed in Apple ID B in the Manage Apps section of iMazing
  • Navigated to the Device tab, clicked Check for updates
  • Updated Twitter, with 'Keep downloaded updates' also checked
  • The Twitter update immediately began installing itself, from iMazing's local library to iPhone B
Could you please try that and let me know if it works for you? It is iMazing's biggest advantage over iTunes and Apple Configurator: we can keep a single copy of any update, and sign it on the fly to deploy it to multiple devices with different Apple IDs.

iOS backups are built by iOS itself, and don't include all data. What is and is not included largely depends on your iCloud settings, and on how the apps you use store their data. The following article explains it in more detail:
https://imazing.com/guides/what-data-is-included-in-an-ios-backup

About encryption: I'm not sure I understand what you're describing here, could you please get in touch at imazing.com/contact with details? What often causes confusion is that backup encryption is a device side setting, so if you have an encrypted backup and disable encryption, iMazing may still ask for a password, the existing encrypted backup's password. The next backup you do after disabling encryption will not be encrypted, though.

Another annoying thing was that my iPhone 6 got updated to iOS 12.1.4 when I first purchased iMazing and before I tried the app updates - I had managed to keep it on iOS 10.3.3 before purchasing iMazing
Sorry to hear that. We wish we could help you downgrade back to iOS 10.3.3, but that's simply impossible without jailbreaking, which is completely out of iMazing's scope.

mikzn

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2013
North Vancouver
Apps you download with iMazing are universal, and can be deployed not only to multiple iOS devices and models (where compatible), but also across different Apple IDs, providing that the Apple ID has acquired the app of course! Did you check the 'Keep downloaded updates' checkbox? If you did not, the downloaded app is installed on the target device, and removed from the computer.

Thanks for the reply and confirming the apps should be universal - I did notice that the apps are not .ipa but have a different extension .imazingapp

Another thing that happened was 50 apps were downloaded even when I only had a about 8 updates - maybe this was because they needed to be universal?

In addition to upgrading my iPhone 6 to - iOS 12.1.4 ( an irreversible update:() iMazing removed several apps that are no longer on the app store and these were deleted on both my iPhone 6 and iPhone 8 - one of these apps was my password manager - I have the .ipa and was able to replace the app - but the Data is gone :( - reset on both phones

I don't use apple encryption on my newer devices and did send an email to the support and Xenia suggested to disable iMazing encryption which was fine by me.

I should have been more cautious

HeadphoneAddict

macrumors 65816
Sep 16, 2007
Thanks for the reply and confirming the apps should be universal - I did notice that the apps are not .ipa but have a different extension .imazingapp

Another thing that happened was 50 apps were downloaded even when I only had a about 8 updates - maybe this was because they needed to be universal?

In addition to upgrading my iPhone 6 to - iOS 12.1.4 ( an irreversible update:() iMazing removed several apps that are no longer on the app store and these were deleted on both my iPhone 6 and iPhone 8 - one of these apps was my password manager - I have the .ipa and was able to replace the app - but the Data is gone :( - reset on both phones

I don't use apple encryption on my newer devices and did send an email to the support and Xenia suggested to disable iMazing encryption which was fine by me.

I should have been more cautious

Any idea why iMazing would remove the apps, especially ones not in the app store anymore?

mikzn

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2013
North Vancouver
Any idea why iMazing would remove the apps, especially ones not in the app store anymore?

I don’t really know why - except that I didn’t really pay close attention to the settings and should’ve been more careful

I tried to update and back up every device - I should’ve just tested it with one or two - Until I knew what I was doing - lol

Gregzo

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 8, 2015
Switzerland
Apps that iMazing downloads are universal IPAs. The .imazingapp extension is used for something else entirely, app data backups. You can see for yourself in /Users/User/Library/Application Support/iMazing/Library - that's where iMazing stores downloaded IPAs. But never move these around or try to install them with iTunes: they are incomplete IPAs which are associated with an Apple ID on the fly.

My hunch here is that you did a 'Check for Updates' in the Library tab instead of the Device tab of iMazing's app library. In the Library tab, iMazing checks for updates of apps which are in your iMazing library, and if an app isn't downloaded to your library yet, then yes, there's an update available. In the Device tab, Check for Updates will only download and install updates available for apps on your device.

iMazing only updates iOS if you explicitly use the Update iOS or the Reinstall iOS options, or if you restore a backup to a device running a version of iOS inferior to that of the backup. In that last case, iMazing warns you that iOS will be updated during the restore process. Is this what happened?

About the apps being removed: apps which aren't on the App Store any more are excluded from the restore of a backup to another device, sadly nothing we can do about that - it's the same with iTunes, and the reason is that apps are re-downloaded after a backup restore, so if they're not on the App Store anymore, they don't transfer across. But iMazing does offer a bit more than iTunes here: apps which are downloaded in iMazing's app library can be transferred even if they're not in the App Store anymore. Of course, that requires some planning ahead.

All these points raise very interesting issues and highlight the complexity of iOS management these days. I'm really sorry that some misunderstandings resulted in an unwanted iOS update in your case. Feel free to get in touch the next time you are about to do data transfers between devices, I'll be happy to advise you.

mikzn

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2013
North Vancouver
Thanks for your reply and additional info

FYI - I don't remember asking for the iOS update, something I would have been wary of and wanted to avoid on the iPhone 6 (I did check the "update all") - the iPhone 8 and iPad pro had and still have the iOS 12.2 updates on hold and these have not been activated.

FWIW - the iPad Pro updated fine with no apps removed and my Password manager data was intact there :)

I have an iPhone 4s that I use because of the small size and it still has all the missing apps and has not been part of the mix - because of this all is good and getting back to normal

Thanks again for the info and your comments

Radon87000

macrumors 604
Nov 29, 2013
Purchased this app right before you made this thread here and I use it a lot and love it. The battery capacity tool is the one feature I like as very few apps on Windows offer this for iPhone.

horseflesh

macrumors newbie
Apr 19, 2011
I'm using the free version of iMazing and it is pretty cool. Thanks for including some truly useful features in the freebie.

I am considering buying the full version and have a question... the answer does not determine whether or not I am going to get a license, but it is something that is really confusing me.

My iPad has about 32 GB of stuff on it according to iTunes.

An iMazing backup is about 3.5 GB and when I view the backup contents, I see that it does not include any of my non-Apple apps.

If I look in the "File System" folder in the backup, I see files for some of my apps. There's a game and save files in there, for example, but my 3rd party photo album app and pics are missing.

Is there a setting I am missing? How do I back up everything?

I have used iPads for years and never really cared about backups because they were just for media consumption. Setting one up from scratch was just a matter of entering in Apple and Netflix passwords. But now I have an iPad Pro, and the apps and files on this thing matter. Can iMazing help me protect them? Or is that a futile fight against Cupertino?

TonyK

macrumors 65816
May 24, 2009
Going to chime in. News of iTunes being split into multiple applications had me searching for something to manage our iOS devices with.

iMazing came up and after using it 5 minutes bought the family plan. :) Between my wife and I we need more than 2 licenses but less than 5. But 5 was very cost effective.

My limited use, so far, of iMazing shows me this is a powerful and thought out tool. Just hoping macOS15 and iOS 13 don't cause us large issues should we move forward.

Thank you Gregzo for starting the thread and for MacRumors for letting you post it.

Reactions: Apple_Robert

Gregzo

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 8, 2015
Switzerland
Hi Tony,

Welcome to the iMazing community!

Apologies for taking a few days to reply, we were in San Jose for AltConf last week. iOS 13 and macOS Catalina aren't changing much for iMazing, you'll find that there are next to no changes when it comes to managing your iPhone from your computer.

If you're planning on installing the iOS 13 beta, please make sure you update iMazing first for best compatibility. We already released an update last week with early iOS 13 support. BTW, iOS 13 truly is something to look forward to. The new Photos is especially great, and dark mode looks stunning in action.

Have a great day, and don't hesitate to get in touch if you have questions! General feedback can be posted here, but for tech support, forum rules state that you should get in touch directly so as not to keep bumping this thread. Makes sense.

MSastre

macrumors 6502a
Aug 18, 2014
Hi Tony,

Welcome to the iMazing community!

Apologies for taking a few days to reply, we were in San Jose for AltConf last week. iOS 13 and macOS Catalina aren't changing much for iMazing, you'll find that there are next to no changes when it comes to managing your iPhone from your computer.

If you're planning on installing the iOS 13 beta, please make sure you update iMazing first for best compatibility. We already released an update last week with early iOS 13 support. BTW, iOS 13 truly is something to look forward to. The new Photos is especially great, and dark mode looks stunning in action.

Have a great day, and don't hesitate to get in touch if you have questions! General feedback can be posted here, but for tech support, forum rules state that you should get in touch directly so as not to keep bumping this thread. Makes sense.

Thanks for the "heads up" on the update. Truly amazing App!

Reactions: Gregzo
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.