Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

The iMessage service that Apple users to send messages to one another appears to be down for some users, and messages are failing to go out or are taking an extra long time to send.

General-Apps-Messages.jpg

There are numerous reports about the issue on social networks and a spike of outage reports on Down Detector, but Apple's System Status page is not yet reporting an outage.

Update: Apple's status page says iMessage service has been restored, with the outage lasting approximately 45 minutes from 2:49 p.m. to 3:35 p.m. Pacific Time. Apple says FaceTime, HomeKit, and Apple Messages for Business were also affected.

Article Link: iMessage Down for Some Users [Update: Service Restored]

Last edited:

Bryan Bowler

macrumors 601
Sep 27, 2008
Definitely down for me here in SoCal. Frustrating too because I'm in the midst of coordinating several important business things right now. Messages stopped functioning on my iMac, iPad, and iPhone about 10-15 mins ago.

First thing I did was reboot devices, then went to Apple's Services Status page (where it says it is up), and then I came to MacRumors to get the real truth! :)

1800AirTAG

macrumors regular
Aug 2, 2014
That's why I don't trust this page

because it says there everything is fine but my messages aren't going through.
Every company does this... they wait until the last possible moment before publicizing it due to potential SLAs they need to deal with once they confirm its down. (or so I am told)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.