Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

yeekon

macrumors newbie
Nov 16, 2016
I just found out that you can't select text and images at the same time to copy into a different conversation (select all -> copy) when you are making a text. You have to send the text first then select the text go into the forward feature to select the image to do it! It got removed in iOS 10?!

Reactions: Ianbuckley

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
I just found out that you can't select text and images at the same time to copy into a different conversation (select all -> copy) when you are making a text. You have to send the text first then select the text go into the forward feature to select the image to do it! It got removed in iOS 10?!
Why can't you go to the forward feature and select the image and the related text and forward them both?

yeekon

macrumors newbie
Nov 16, 2016
Why can't you go to the forward feature and select the image and the related text and forward them both?
Yea thats the solution now, but before you didn't need to. To get to the forward feature you have to send the text -> press on the text -> more -> select the image and text -> press the arrow -> then type in the contact -> send.

Thats a lot of clicking for just something you could of done with select all -> copy -> send text | go to the other conversation paste -> send.

Andrewtst

macrumors 6502
Oct 28, 2016
I know this is old, wondering what is the exact differences.

Update from iPhone itself - 10.1.1 (14B100) - no new firmware prompt.
Update from iTunes - 10.1.1 (14B150) - new firmware prompt when connect to iTunes

31095552125_c887b8ef5b_z_d.jpg
31059806616_ba6c35908d_z_d.jpg

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011

hawkeye_a

macrumors 68000
Jun 27, 2016
Earlier this year I upgraded from a 3GS to a 6S.

I thought i'd get used to the changes, and for the most part I have. There are some great new features compared to my 3GS (example: control center). However, I cannot get my head around some of the UI changes throughout the system:
- The Music app is horrible. Whether it is navigating the library, or trying to find something, it's even difficult to tell if something is a button.
-The Camera. I was trying to take a picture yesterday, and I was trying to zoom in (pinch-to-zoom), but the app kept switching modes (obviously because my fingers were moving a little horizontally). It just seems so impractical to use swiping to change modes...... because *just* having static buttons or a menu to do it would be too complicated for end users?
-Safari. Switching of tabs in that 3D effect is unnecessary IMHO, there was nothing wrong with having a "cards" view.
-3D Touch is useless. I've turned it off completely, and If i had the option i would have opted for a larger battery instead.

But by far the Music app is the most disappointing, to the point where I carry my 3GS around to use as an iPod.

WaxedJacket

macrumors 6502a
Oct 18, 2013
New bluetooth headset icon at the top when paired. Not sure if it indicates the battery like it used to.

Vlada011

macrumors member
Oct 12, 2016
I don't like because I need to press Home button to unlock compare to iOS 9.
I Stopwatch theme is now black and far better than previous. I use that a lot for cooking.

Tech198

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2011
"All the little Things" are starting to be more of "More of a common thing these days :D

Why do u need an introduction the first time u open up Notes, Control center, & Messages ? Are we up to the point now, where when life was simple, it is now (not that simple) we need to inform users what they do because we have so many app features?

Turn on 'Rest finger to unlock' in Settings > Accessiblity > Home button.

Thanks.. Was also hunting around where the heck this was..

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
"All the little Things" are starting to be more of "More of a common thing these days :D

Why do u need an introduction the first time u open up Notes, Control center, & Messages ? Are we up to the point now, where when life was simple, it is now (not that simple) we need to inform users what they do because we have so many app features?

Thanks.. Was also hunting around where the heck this was..
It's simple, but more powerful, and with many more typical users who might not even realize additional features might be there it's there to show them the main capabilities. It could easily be said it's more about the users rather than what's being used.

cswifx

Suspended
Dec 15, 2016

Never assume your user knows everything. That's one of the main principles of designing software.

Tech198

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2011
When setting up an IMAP "Other" option in mail(i only use Gmail, so can't verify others), the user may be prompted "IMAP server is incorrect" even though very well know all details are actually correct...

If u "edit" and "Save" anyway, (perhaps it false flags because SSL is disabled by default ? ) After u manually enable SSL, Gmail works as normal..

GermanSuplex

macrumors 68000
Aug 26, 2009
I'm an Apple fan, and have the whole Apple ecosystem: MacBook, iPhone 6S Plus, Apple Watch 2, and two Apple TVs. This used to be a thread where I could read up on cool new things Apple added but decided not to promote. Now, it seems like they brag about being able to send your heartbeat as a text, but not that you can't watch your locally-downloaded iPhone videos as quickly as you could on the iPod Classic.

Reactions: trajen

hourglass111

macrumors member
Jan 26, 2017
Mid Ohio Valley
I did some searching but couldn't find this specifically.

I have an iPhone 5 and an iPhone SE running iOS 10.

On the 5, text notifications appear different than they do on the SE: the former is a notification with message and reply bar integrated (see photo), and the former has that separated, which is how I usually notice it. Yet I prefer the integrated look…

Anyone know the logic behind this difference?

Attachments

• IMG_0860.PNG
    IMG_0860.PNG
    101.7 KB · Views: 522

GreyOS

macrumors 68040
Apr 12, 2012
I did some searching but couldn't find this specifically.

I have an iPhone 5 and an iPhone SE running iOS 10.

On the 5, text notifications appear different than they do on the SE: the former is a notification with message and reply bar integrated (see photo), and the former has that separated, which is how I usually notice it. Yet I prefer the integrated look…

Anyone know the logic behind this difference?
iPhone 5 didn't get rich notifications in iOS 10 like other 64 bit devices did.

Reactions: hourglass111

RicoRich196

macrumors regular
Apr 28, 2011
Earlier this year I upgraded from a 3GS to a 6S.

I thought i'd get used to the changes, and for the most part I have. There are some great new features compared to my 3GS (example: control center). However, I cannot get my head around some of the UI changes throughout the system:
- The Music app is horrible. Whether it is navigating the library, or trying to find something, it's even difficult to tell if something is a button.
-The Camera. I was trying to take a picture yesterday, and I was trying to zoom in (pinch-to-zoom), but the app kept switching modes (obviously because my fingers were moving a little horizontally). It just seems so impractical to use swiping to change modes...... because *just* having static buttons or a menu to do it would be too complicated for end users?
-Safari. Switching of tabs in that 3D effect is unnecessary IMHO, there was nothing wrong with having a "cards" view.
-3D Touch is useless. I've turned it off completely, and If i had the option i would have opted for a larger battery instead.

But by far the Music app is the most disappointing, to the point where I carry my 3GS around to use as an iPod.

You basically went from Windows 95 to Windows 10 it's going to take some getting used to.

Reactions: orbital~debris

Apple blogger

macrumors 6502a
Feb 28, 2013
Auto- prediction while in spotlight search. I haven't seen it before 10.2.1 .. new feature? Or bug?

Ps. I have prediction off..

Attachments

• IMG_0774.PNG
    IMG_0774.PNG
    472.8 KB · Views: 452
Reactions: cswifx

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Auto- prediction while in spotlight search. I haven't seen it before 10.2.1 .. new feature? Or bug?

Ps. I have prediction off..
I have keyboard prediction off and don't see it there in spotlight search using iOS 10.2.1.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.