Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

The-Real-Deal82

macrumors P6
Jan 17, 2013
Wales, United Kingdom
Correct.
Apple is prioritizing their customers who just gave them $999+... of COURSE they are going to treat their customers right. Any business worth their salt will prioritize their best clients.

We have terrible coffee in our office because one of our most valuable client loves it.

It's hard to disagree with Apple for wanting to make darn sure that their premium product works as perfectly as possible.
I don’t agree with that at all. All customers should be important if they have chosen to spend money. No good business treats one customer badly because they’ve spent slightly less money because in business they expect you to keep coming back.

My iPhone 6S is just over a year old and I’m 13 months into the 24 month contract. It’s now suffering bad battery drain because of this latest release and as a customer of Apple for many years I expect to be treated the same as any other Apple customer. Apple shouldn’t employ a class structure when dealing with customer issues, this is 2017 after all. I can’t quite believe there are people here who would support such a logic either?

Reactions: bashman2020

JM

macrumors 601
Nov 23, 2014
I don’t agree with that at all. All customers should be important if they have chosen to spend money. No good business treats one customer badly because they’ve spent slightly less money because in business they expect you to keep coming back.

My iPhone 6S is just over a year old and I’m 13 months into the 24 month contract. It’s now suffering bad battery drain because of this latest release and as a customer of Apple for many years I expect to be treated the same as any other Apple customer. Apple shouldn’t employ a class structure when dealing with customer issues, this is 2017 after all. I can’t quite believe there are people here who would support such a logic either?
I don't like it either... but it's how businesses treat customers. It's more of treating the best clients the best, and just treating old customers just a good enough. It makes the business no money to spend RD and lots of time to make sure old products work just as well as their new products who people have just spent $999 on.

tromboneaholic

Suspended
Jun 9, 2004
Clearwater, FL
Apple is pushing updates to us like wildfires and updates only focusing on the iphone x now tell me where's the optimization being done across all devices ...

No improvements since the release of ios 11 as it was on ios 10
-Animation glitches still persists
-Lags still persists
-calculator bug still persists on the public release
-bugs still underhood across the ios
-apps crashes a lot on ios 11 than ios 10
I’m not noticing animation glitches on my iPad Air 2 lately. What are some examples?

My iPad doesn’t feel like it’s laggy when I use it after using my iPhone X, so I can’t complain.

There are free third party calculators.

Have you reported underhood bugs to Apple?

Contact app developers about their buggy apps. I haven’t had any crashes in forever.

FatalFallacy

macrumors member
Jun 12, 2013
The presumption implied here is just plain wrong.

Most of the complaints mentioned here are known and confirmed to be fixed with the 11.2 release by many developers and beta testers already and is now in heavy open testing for a couple of weeks now, public release to be expected real soon.

That crucial fixes for new devices currently unusuable (like the x when exposed to temperature drops) may get merged and rolled out directly in the productive software stream is also nothing new and expected.

You guys still remember 10.0.3 last year which only fixed iPhone 7/+ connection drops?
I can’t remember people with older devices complaining there that only problems of the flagship model get their issues fixed there.
And from the archives:
10.1 then was released 5 working days later, addressing most known issues of the 10.0 release, so everybody take a breath please.

The-Real-Deal82

macrumors P6
Jan 17, 2013
Wales, United Kingdom

Most of the complaints mentioned here are known and confirmed to be fixed with the 11.2 release by many developers and beta testers already and is now in heavy open testing for a couple of weeks now, public release to be expected real soon.

That crucial fixes for new devices currently unusuable (like the x when exposed to temperature drops) may get merged and rolled out directly in the productive software stream is also nothing new and expected.

You guys still remember 10.0.3 last year which only fixed iPhone 7/+ connection drops?
I can’t remember people with older devices complaining there that only problems of the flagship model get their issues fixed there.
And from the archives:
10.1 then was released 5 working days later, addressing most known issues of the 10.0 release, so everybody take a breath please.

I’m pretty patient, but tomorrow will be 2 months since iOS 11 was released and 2 months on my iPhone is barely making it to 4pm without needing to be charged. Up until I installed iOS 11 this was not happening. I think I’ve reached the point where I can start asking questions as to why the product I own is not fit for purpose unless it’s constantly being charged.

Reactions: bashman2020

Radon87000

macrumors 604
Nov 29, 2013

And from the archives:
I am on 11.2 and battery life has barely improved. Certainly not back to how it was on iOS 10.

The-Real-Deal82

macrumors P6
Jan 17, 2013
Wales, United Kingdom
I don't like it either... but it's how businesses treat customers. It's more of treating the best clients the best, and just treating old customers just a good enough. It makes the business no money to spend RD and lots of time to make sure old products work just as well as their new products who people have just spent $999 on.

I have have my statutory rights though and if the product has been rendered unfit for purpose due to a faulty update, I could be entitled to be compensated with a replacement phone within the 24 month warranty window. If Apple don’t release a bug fix for the battery issue I will visit the store and ask for a solution.

Radon87000

macrumors 604
Nov 29, 2013
I have have my statutory rights though and if the product has been rendered unfit for purpose due to a faulty update, I could be entitled to be compensated with a replacement phone within the 24 month warranty window. If Apple don’t release a bug fix for the battery issue I will visit the store and ask for a solution.
If you are annoyed by iOS 11 battery life I recommend you downgrade back to iOS 10 till a fix is pushed out. The iOS 10 firmware is still being signed for the 6s for some reason

The-Real-Deal82

macrumors P6
Jan 17, 2013
Wales, United Kingdom
If you are annoyed by iOS 11 battery life I recommend you downgrade back to iOS 10 till a fix is pushed out. The iOS 10 firmware is still being signed for the 6s for some reason

From reading it looks risky. Some articles suggesting loss of data on phone since iOS 11 was installed. Others suggesting setting device up as new but I don’t want to lose photos and videos with their time and date stamps. I’ll have to read further I think.

Radon87000

macrumors 604
Nov 29, 2013
From reading it looks risky. Some articles suggesting loss of data on phone since iOS 11 was installed. Others suggesting setting device up as new but I don’t want to lose photos and videos with their time and date stamps. I’ll have to read further I think.
If you have iCloud Photos enabled the photos and videos are backed up automatically with date and time stamp. Otherwise you could download Google Photos and backup everything there and download them again after restoring and yet keep the date and time stamp. You can upload all important documents and stuff to cloud storage and download again. But yeah its a hassle.

Reactions: The-Real-Deal82

FatalFallacy

macrumors member
Jun 12, 2013
I’m pretty patient, but tomorrow will be 2 months since iOS 11 was released and 2 months on my iPhone is barely making it to 4pm without needing to be charged. Up until I installed iOS 11 this was not happening.
My 6 is really worn out (850 battery cycles, capacity down at 81%) and cluttered with 2k photos and nearly 400 apps installed, but still makes it through a typical day. I recently gave it to a family member as I upgraded and also heard no complains (yet).
I can certainly understand your frustration regarding battery life on your device and yes, battery life is worse under iOS 11 for me as well, but not to that extent like your experiencing.
Usually I was at 30% at the end of a working day, 20% then with iOS11, which I find acceptable for a major iOS upgrade and is in line what I experienced with iOS updates in the past with aging hardware, but as always ymmv.

A downgrade (yes, you need a iOS10 based backup and may lose data!) or set up as new and restore still could be an option for you.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Because I am using their older devices and exactly ZERO of my problems have been fixed. Home button delay is still there. That horrendous battery drain is still there. Scroll stutter in widgets is still there. All the while they are busy changing wifi and other icons instead of fixing the real issues like the battery. 7 hours and its dead. The Plus phones are supposed to last at least 1.5 days.
[doublepost=1511016369][/doublepost]
Its a horrible update. It ruins every device its installed on except the 8 Plus and the X. The 8 Plus gets the battery life I used to get on iOS 10 on my 7 Plus while my 7 Plus battery life is exactly half of that on iOS 11.
So because nothing has changed for you means there's nothing there. Sound logic, as usual. (Convenient how you "overlooked" the rest of what I asked about.)

JM

macrumors 601
Nov 23, 2014
You won't like their answer. :confused:

... but maybe they'll give you a new iPhone 8, or heck even the X!

And while I'm dreaming, Can you get an X for me too, please?

Heh :D
[doublepost=1511049217][/doublepost]
Sounds like an exciting lawsuit, too.

The-Real-Deal82

macrumors P6
Jan 17, 2013
Wales, United Kingdom
You won't like their answer. :confused:

... but maybe they'll give you a new iPhone 8, or heck even the X!

And while I'm dreaming, Can you get an X for me too, please?

Heh :D
[doublepost=1511049217][/doublepost]
Sounds like an exciting lawsuit, too.
I’ve had no problem in the past getting an iPhone replaced well after 12 months. Most products are covered for up to 2 years after purchase as long as a fault is not of your doing. Not sure why I’d be dreaming here?

slooksterPSV

macrumors 68040
Apr 17, 2004
Nowheresville
A bug can be as simple as being the same size of the app, if it’s a delta it could be a few bytes. Size doesn’t mean bug fixes aren’t there.

For example, if a library was small and had the bug, that library may be a few hundred kB in size.

Thor_1

macrumors 6502a
Sep 18, 2016
Texas
Apple is prioritizing their customers who just gave them $999+... of COURSE they are going to treat their customers right. Any business worth their salt will prioritize their best clients.

So they are ignoring the people who purchases the 8/8+?

Reactions: MyMacintosh

Radon87000

macrumors 604
Nov 29, 2013
I’ve had no problem in the past getting an iPhone replaced well after 12 months. Most products are covered for up to 2 years after purchase as long as a fault is not of your doing. Not sure why I’d be dreaming here?
But why are you replacing the phone? There is nothing wrong with it. It’s ios 11 which is the problem. No amount of battery wear is going to take battery life down this much.

bashman2020

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 17, 2017
somewhere on earth
i hope he sees that
[doublepost=1511105952][/doublepost]
I’d love to know why I’ve installed probably the 4th update since iOS 11 was launched and my iPhone 6S battery is dying on its backside by 2.30pm everyday.

This all started with the first release of iOS 11. My phone was pretty awesome on iOS 10 and I’m still waiting for a fix.
we await that fix that says "improves stability and performance on your device"
[doublepost=1511106329][/doublepost]
Please provide information that nothing at all is changed on older devices.

Please also provide proof that there are literally zero issues with Pixel 2. The Android/Pixel forums must be empty with just some people only praising their devices and nothing else. Google must have achieved the impossible of having bug free software. The silliness just undermines it all more and more.
i've got proofs everywhere nothing has changed i have a 6 and 6plus running ios 11 with lags and stutters even funny that you find lags while scrolling emojis in keyboard , app launch time for all first and third party apps is entirely very slow which wasn't so on ios 10 everything runs fast and launches with immediate effect on ios 10 ... lags and stutters in notification center too is annoying !
[doublepost=1511106612][/doublepost]
thank you please do this ... i've been in contact frequently with apple support and all their advisors say to me is that they are aware of the issue and no fixes been released instead they keep adding dumb new features
[doublepost=1511106829][/doublepost]please get your feedbacks to them as you're replying to this thread https://www.apple.com/feedback

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
i've got proofs everywhere nothing has changed i have a 6 and 6plus running ios 11 with lags and stutters even funny that you find lags while scrolling emojis in keyboard , app launch time for all first and third party apps is entirely very slow which wasn't so on ios 10 everything runs fast and launches with immediate effect on ios 10 ... lags and stutters in notification center too is annoying !
That doesn't answer what I asked, nor is that how proofs work (as we've already gone over that in many threads before).

Reactions: Beeplance

Radon87000

macrumors 604
Nov 29, 2013
Yes. Apple doesn’t give a damn about the 8 or 8 Plus. It’s not even advertised on their gift guide. Apple’s handing table scraps to their $700 customers.

JM

macrumors 601
Nov 23, 2014
I mean if you have a 7 or below and they have you a new 8 or X. THAT would be a dream... I've had my 5s replaced after the year, too. Apple Store is great if you really have a problem that isn't your fault. Always be nice to employees.
[doublepost=1511110228][/doublepost]
Well..... :(

The-Real-Deal82

macrumors P6
Jan 17, 2013
Wales, United Kingdom
I mean if you have a 7 or below and they have you a new 8 or X. THAT would be a dream... I've had my 5s replaced after the year, too. Apple Store is great if you really have a problem that isn't your fault. Always be nice to employees.
I’m not planning on doing it yet and I doubt I’d get a newer device than I have. I wouldn’t try that to be honest, I just want my phone back to how it was 8 weeks ago.

JM

macrumors 601
Nov 23, 2014
I’m not planning on doing it yet and I doubt I’d get a newer device than I have. I wouldn’t try that to be honest, I just want my phone back to how it was 8 weeks ago.
It could be your hardware, but I suspect it's software related, which a new phone wouldn't correct.... and the nice folks at an Apple Store could do nothing but give you a replacement and hope that fixes it.

Does restoring as new do anything? (Erase and contents and settings and restore as new?)

When I got 10, I set up as new, and the phone was ridiculous battery drain with indexing, but then it finally leveled out after 1-2 days.... I'm only saying this because a new phone might go through that if you do get replacement or set up as new.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.