Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kozz

macrumors 6502
Oct 5, 2011
I believe I saw it reported else where but facetime audio does not work for me...I thought it was yesterday...though...

Mudodonbond

macrumors 6502
May 14, 2015
USA
On my iPad Air 2 iOS 12 is actually really smooth and fast. Really impressed. The control center still bothers me since I’m so used to swiping up. But I’ll get used to it. Stocks app is nice. Still wish they added the weather app. Everything has been opening a little faster than any version of iOS 11. So far so good.

RiderX

macrumors regular
Nov 9, 2012
Faster and smoother on iPad Mini 2. Skype App is not working. Small glitch with the control center. But overall it is quite impressive and gives a new life to the old lady.

Reactions: mogilesha

B/D

macrumors 68000
Mar 30, 2016
How is it on iPad Air 1? The poor thing lags and skip frames quite badly with IOS 11.

SoYoung

macrumors 65832
Jul 3, 2015
On my iPad Air 2 iOS 12 is actually really smooth and fast. Really impressed. The control center still bothers me since I’m so used to swiping up. But I’ll get used to it. Stocks app is nice. Still wish they added the weather app. Everything has been opening a little faster than any version of iOS 11. So far so good.
Really? My air 2 perform exactly the same as iOS 11. I think many see the improvements as placebo effect because the difference is surely minimal and only recognizable on a speed test comparaison.

I like the new iPad changes though. Especially the new location of control center and iPhone X gestures.

Reactions: To_Batistone

Ralfi

macrumors 601
Dec 22, 2016
Australia
Can someone confirm how swiping up works? Does short swipe up access Dock still? Does long swipe up then take you to Home?

& is multi tasking accessed the same way as iPhone X now? - Swift swipe diagonally to the right (& the slower up & to the right), from the Dock?

satinsilverem2

macrumors 6502a
Nov 12, 2013
Richmond, VA
Installed DB1 on my 9.7 iPad Pro and so far so good. From what I can see its as smooth if not smoother than iOS 11. the only bug that I've come across is dont enable the screen time parental controls. I did to see how good the internet filters were and it completely buggered my internet connection and I had to restore.

penajmz

macrumors 68040
Sep 11, 2008
New York City
Can someone confirm how swiping up works? Does short swipe up access Dock still? Does long swipe up then take you to Home?

& is multi tasking accessed the same way as iPhone X now? - Swift swipe diagonally to the right (& the slower up & to the right), from the Dock?
Yes to all your questions.

Reactions: Ralfi

Mudodonbond

macrumors 6502
May 14, 2015
USA
Really? My air 2 perform exactly the same as iOS 11. I think many see the improvements as placebo effect because the difference is surely minimal and only recognizable on a speed test comparaison.

I like the new iPad changes though. Especially the new location of control center and iPhone X gestures.
I made a video of iOS 11 and then compared it. Is a little faster. Which is nice. And the New place for control center is perfect

TMRJIJ

macrumors 68040
Dec 12, 2011
South Carolina, United States
I’m really liking this new Battery Level Graph.

6057C98C-D091-49E1-959C-EA0043B36AEF.png

kozz

macrumors 6502
Oct 5, 2011

I find it best to swipe up a bit and hold for a second for dock, just swipe up for home...
[doublepost=1528309832][/doublepost]Oddly enough, I decided to erase all content and settings and now i cannot select my iPad as the audio source for a non iPhone call...

Anyone else having this issue?

anubis1980

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2012
Performance is night and day compared to 11.4 on my air 2. don’t get me wrong, it’s not iPad pro quick but much much better.

TMRJIJ

macrumors 68040
Dec 12, 2011
South Carolina, United States

Swipe up to go to the Home Screen
Slow Slide up for the Dock
Swipe Up and Hold for Multitasking.

dgdosen

macrumors 68030
Dec 13, 2003
Seattle
I loaded the beta on an iPad Mini 4 - and the speed seems fine, but it’s running a bit warm and chewing up battery... Does that change?

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011
How does control center work? When I briefly had 12 installed on my iPad Pro I had to swipe down twice to get control center. The first swipe brought me notification pane, then I had to swipe again to get CC. And I got this when I was swiping the further most right on the screen. Maybe it was just a bug?

Mudodonbond

macrumors 6502
May 14, 2015
USA
How does control center work? When I briefly had 12 installed on my iPad Pro I had to swipe down twice to get control center. The first swipe brought me notification pane, then I had to swipe again to get CC. And I got this when I was swiping the further most right on the screen. Maybe it was just a bug?
It’s like the iPhone X. Swipe on the far top right and you’ll get control center. Swipe too left or too middle and you’ll get Notification Center.

yoimrae

macrumors member
Jul 11, 2014
Hong Kong
Hi all. How's the performance of iOS 12 on iPad Air 2? I'm planning to purchase one and I'll use it as pdf reviewer device and social apps. Thank you.

Mudodonbond

macrumors 6502
May 14, 2015
USA
Hi all. How's the performance of iOS 12 on iPad Air 2? I'm planning to purchase one and I'll use it as pdf reviewer device and social apps. Thank you.
Performance is good. Apps are loading a bit faster than iOS 11.4. It’s actually running a bit faster and smoother haven’t had any issues so far.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.