Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

veskop

macrumors newbie
Sep 30, 2015
Bulgaria
I have a problem with 2nd beta of iOS 12,when I connect my iPad mini 2 with my MBA 13 ,it start to connect/disconnect (charging/not charging)?The cable where I use is original from iPad?

alphonseM

macrumors member
Mar 29, 2014
I have a problem with 2nd beta of iOS 12,when I connect my iPad mini 2 with my MBA 13 ,it start to connect/disconnect (charging/not charging)?The cable where I use is original from iPad?

Have had charging issues here as well. Remember to report it to Apple.

RJCP

macrumors 6502
Jun 8, 2011
Have had charging issues here as well. Remember to report it to Apple.
Yeah, charging issues here as well. It will charge but maybe the power management isn’t yet perfected as it will sometimes lose battery when it’s being used at the same time it’s being charged. Especially if you’re doing something a bit more batter intensive like Netflix.

veskop

macrumors newbie
Sep 30, 2015
Bulgaria
I found that iPad is charging normal only when display is off!And another problem,appstore doesn't loading,result is endless spinning wheel....

jrajpaul

macrumors member
Dec 26, 2007
Much faster on iPad Pro first gen. Scrolling is smoother and apps launch quicker. Ios11 ran like a dog on this device. Really happy that Apple decided to make this a performance release.

Superhappytree

macrumors 6502a
Sep 10, 2015
Cumbria
Seems a bit faster but there’s still ugly frame drops littered around the OS, especially when swiping through apps in multitasking. Seriously Apple, it’s 2018, you should be having zero issues with frame rates at this point. I am however seeing faster keyboard launching, faster app launching and all that other stuff they mentioned but not the “smooth scrolling” yet. I sure hope they fix it as it’s been my main gripe regarding iOS since iOS 7. Other than that, I really like the new control centre location. I find it much easier to do a simple swipe down from anywhere now which is more convent than before. I don’t understand why the stocks app is white whereas it’s black on the iPhone? Books is nicely designed and appears to run smoother in this second beta. Apart from that it just feels like an enhanced version of iOS 11 really.

Last edited:
Reactions: canesalato

eoblaed

macrumors 68040
Apr 21, 2010
Let’s talk about the perfomance of this new iOS on the iPads! Is it good? How about the older iPads like the Airs?

Since the status bar was redesigned on iPads, should we wait for a new iPad with a notch? What would you think about that?

I've been very happy with the performance of both b1 and b2 on my 12.9" iPad Pro. There are still some apps I'm waiting to get patched so they'll work (notably, LogMeIn and Skype), but other than that, it's been stellar.

Last edited:

canesalato

Cancelled
Jan 31, 2010
I've been very happy with the performance of both b1 and b2 on my 12.9" iPad Pro. There are still some apps I'm waiting to get patched so they'll work (notably, LogMeIn and Skype), but other than that, it's been stellar.
Skype should work now

eoblaed

macrumors 68040
Apr 21, 2010
Was it updated officially or only for Beta Testing via TestFlight?

Official as far as I know. I don't have 12 on my X yet, but quite a few people said it was working when I saw the update come. Also, I believe the update notes on Skype said it was an iOS 12 fix.

stooovie

macrumors 6502a
Nov 21, 2010
Yeah, charging issues here as well. It will charge but maybe the power management isn’t yet perfected as it will sometimes lose battery when it’s being used at the same time it’s being charged. Especially if you’re doing something a bit more batter intensive like Netflix.

Yep, I thought my charging port was ****ed on the 6s. It still kinda is, but it was a software problem as well.

Jaw3000

macrumors regular
Jan 6, 2004
Any other thoughts on how the iPad Air is performing on iOS 12 - specifically vs. iOS 10.3.3? I've kept my iPad Air on 10.3.3 and don't want to upgrade unless it's as good or better, because 11 was basically unusable on it. It was horrible - lags and stutters and delays everywhere.

Zaft

macrumors 601
Jun 16, 2009
Brooklyn, NY
iOS 12 is just as smooth as iOS 11 was on my air 2. Maybe just a tad smoother on iOS 12. I like that the gesture now match the iPhone X. There is no reason to even use the home button besides Touch ID which I don’t use on my iPad.

MacintoshDan

macrumors 6502
Sep 24, 2013
Runs beautifully on my 10.5 iPad Pro, I would dare to say better then the current iOS 11.4. Love the iPhone X gestures, since I have one I have been trying to use them on my iPad accidentally since I got the phone, now they actually do what I expect!

Hackgeo

macrumors newbie
Sep 22, 2018
I have an iPad pro 10.5 on iOS 10 that run very fast and the battery is very good!! I am wondering the same as other people..does it worth to upadte on iOS 12!??? People that have iPad pro what's you Opinion?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.