Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

npenelope

macrumors member
Jun 15, 2016
Haven’t figured out how to change memoji clothing. Also when I send a FaceTime link to an android user they are unable to connect.
I also have not figured out how to change memoji clothing. Anybody been successful in doing this?

As for the facetime link to android, i dont think it'll work until ios 15 publicly released in the fall.

flynn1900

macrumors newbie
Apr 6, 2012
“Weather: Precipitation and weather radars only works in the US (or possibly only where Dark Sky was available)”

do you guys mean that new map feature in Weather where you can change layers to precipitation? It seems to be providing that layer for me in Canada
Works for me in Canada too

Can someone demo what the new rotate options are?
I would also like to know, not sure what is meant by that. I don''t see any rotate options on iOS 15 or iPadOS 15.

I also have not figured out how to change memoji clothing. Anybody been successful in doing this?

As for the facetime link to android, i dont think it'll work until ios 15 publicly released in the fall.
Facetime links already work with Chrome (but not on Safari, since it expects whatever version of safari will be released with iOS 15 and Monterey)

Last edited:

ZZuglug

macrumors newbie
Nov 1, 2017

I would also like to know, not sure what is meant by that. I don''t see any rotate options on iOS 15 or iPadOS 15.

Facetime links already work with Chrome (but not on Safari, since it expects whatever version of safari will be released with iOS 15 and Monterey)
Widget rotation is simply:

Rotate widgets​

Widgets remain in their place whether you’re using your iPad in portrait or landscape.

Reactions: ErikGrim

flynn1900

macrumors newbie
Apr 6, 2012
Widget rotation is simply:

Rotate widgets​

Widgets remain in their place whether you’re using your iPad in portrait or landscape.
What is meant by "in place"? They definitely move around when going from portrait to landscape?

Jun 7, 2021

Actually upon closer inspection I noticed that there seems to be a line across Canada for precipitation, north of which has no data. So at least southern Canada gets the edge of northern US data lol

gwhizkids

macrumors G4
Jun 21, 2013
QuickPath (swipe keyboard feature) new languages are: Dutch, Hindi (Latin), Russian, Swedish, Turkish, and Vietnamese I also added these to the wiki post.

That’s all great, but did they fix English? I am tired of typing out common words and having proper names suggested instead. Happens all…the … time

Itinj24

Contributor
Nov 8, 2017
New York
This is annoying.
I have a Shortcuts Geofencing based Automation to run a bunch of Homekit commands as I come back home. Before I had to just click 'Run' when I'd enter the area and it'd run all the various commands.

View attachment 1789382 View attachment 1789383 Now I have to confirm and hit 'Continue' on every Homekit command AFTER I tap on the 'Run' for the main shortcut automation prompt.
I dont see an option to execute without confirmation either.
From what I know, you always had to confirm a location based automation when a secure accessory is involved i.e. door lock, garage door, security alarm system. Also, location based shortcuts too require a confirmation before running. I don’t agree with it as it completely contradicts what the word automation is but there is a workaround. I use a smart plug in a location that I don’t use and have it set to when to turn on when I arrive home. Then another automation to run the “arrive home” scene when that smart plug turns on. Vice versa for when I leave home and there’s another smart plug for my wife. This bypasses the confirmation part and just runs it. You can even use a two in one smart plug (Meross, Satechi) so as not to use up a receptacle.

NBKindaGirl

macrumors 6502a
Aug 31, 2017
Kansas City, Missouri
I like that it’s easier to see exactly when and how long you were charging your iPhone

Attachments

• 072A039C-DEBC-44DA-935C-C93A45981A5C.png
    072A039C-DEBC-44DA-935C-C93A45981A5C.png
    866.6 KB · Views: 211

Dj64Mk7

macrumors 65816
Sep 15, 2013
On the iPad, if you hold command on the keyboard, the UI for showing possible shortcuts is now made to resemble the macOS Menu Bar sections, include the Help “search for a shortcut” thing.
Screenshot? Please and thank you.

LFC2020

macrumors P6
Apr 4, 2020
Check what thread you are in
I know mate, they could’ve done so much more customizations and freshened up the OS a little more, the last design change we had was iOS 7. ?

That was 8 years ago, with the great software designers that apple have at their disposal, it’s a shame they don’t do it more often.

Reactions: RedGT

casperes1996

macrumors 604
Jan 26, 2014
Horsens, Denmark
I know mate, they could’ve done so much more customizations and freshened up the OS a little more, the last design change we had was iOS 7. ?

That was 8 years ago, with the great software designers that apple have at their disposal, it’s a shame they don’t do it more often.

Change for the sake of change isn’t necessarily positive. I’m for one glad the UI doesn‘t radically change. I can only imagine how many calls I’d get from my mum and dad if it did. They’d have no idea how to use their phones anymore, even if everything worked exactly the same but just looked different :p

Dj64Mk7

macrumors 65816
Sep 15, 2013
Bottom of this screenshot here, I’m holding command. You can see the shortcuts options are separated into menu bar-like categories and there’s a “search for command” option at the very left (which itself has a shortcut to get to) View attachment 1789851
As someone who is right-side partially-paralyzed, I really don’t like this shift away from ambidextrous UI design.

Reactions: ErikGrim

macOS Lynx

macrumors 6502
Jun 3, 2019
Haven’t figured out how to change memoji clothing. Also when I send a FaceTime link to an android user they are unable to connect.

The new Memoji clothing is sorted into all of the current clothing categories (new hats, glasses, etc.)

There are no new clothing categories.

casperes1996

macrumors 604
Jan 26, 2014
Horsens, Denmark
As someone who is right-side partially-paralyzed, I really don’t like this shift away from ambidextrous UI design.

I'm not entirely sure how this feature at least is harder in that regard. I have very bad eyesight and my sister in-law is deaf and I've always found Apple to be really good with accessibility, making the most comfortable platforms for both of us. Hell, the WWDC keynote and State of The Union are up in sign language.

I'm sorry if UI changes seem to be getting harder for you. I'd love to know more about how the experience is changing though. It seems UI elements have always been to one side. Like to get to a new email you select the email from the right side of the iPad, but to scroll it it's on the right side. Or in Safari, Going back a page was the left side of the screen, while refreshing the page was the right-middle and so on

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.