Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Abthevolfan92

macrumors 6502a
Sep 12, 2022
Have to wonder if 16.7 is going to be a seperate update next month or going to be introduced the same time as Ios 17. If that's the case we are not going to have an update for another month

gwhizkids

macrumors G4
Jun 21, 2013
Have to wonder if 16.7 is going to be a seperate update next month or going to be introduced the same time as Ios 17. If that's the case we are not going to have an update for another month

Well I would expect there to be betas of iOS 16.7 with a thread just about the time iOS 17 is renewed. So I would expect beta 1 any day now.

Reactions: Abthevolfan92
I have to say this release makes 0 sense at this point
because Ios 17 is coming out very soon
It's out because of Security Vulnerabilities that Apple says may have been actively exploited in the wild. It's basically a security update.

I do wonder if this is going to be last iOS 16 update.

Realityck

macrumors G4
Nov 9, 2015
Silicon Valley, CA
see

Impact: Processing a maliciously crafted image may lead to arbitrary code execution. Apple is aware of a report that this issue may have been actively exploited.
Description: A buffer overflow issue was addressed with improved memory handling.

Impact: A maliciously crafted attachment may result in arbitrary code execution. Apple is aware of a report that this issue may have been actively exploited.
Description: A validation issue was addressed with improved logic.

Reactions: gank41

gwhizkids

macrumors G4
Jun 21, 2013

Given what I am reading, it makes all the sense in the world. Why do you assume that since YOU donā€™t know why Apple is releasing software, that it has no purpose.

Weā€™ve seen time and again this year where Apple has had to tackle zero day exploits. This is just that one more instance of that, apparently.

Iā€™ll take this over some 16.7 beta with bug fixes.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.