Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nico2401

macrumors newbie
Jun 7, 2023
Since I dropped the Mail app, the battery has normalized somewhat.
The iPhone is also no longer permanently hot.
Best solution

JoshhDaw

macrumors newbie
Jul 23, 2020
UK
Turning off notifications & reboot only worked for about an hour apparently.

iPhone 13 Pro Max now down to 92% battery health 😵

Going to have to delete the mail app it looks like

dk001

macrumors demi-god
Oct 3, 2014
Sage, Lightning, and Mountains
13 ProMax
Standby Time.

Under 16.6 it was eating a lot of battery each night with no indication what it was.
Under 17 it is showing ... none? Scrap that thought and try again tonight. It stayed at 100% all night long.

Reboot, Repeat test. Feels like a shampoo commercial.

oMc

macrumors 6502a
Oct 17, 2010
Finland & France
iPhone 12 here. My battery life was noticeably worse than iOS 16.5/16.6 for the first two days and a half. Not terrible, but still bad enough that it could only barely last the full day, while before I always had at least 30-40% before going to bed.
A hard reset seems to have improved things this morning, let's see how long it last.
Same for the Ultra on watchOS 10 btw, noticeably worse battery life during the first two days or so, a hard reset this morning seems to help, so far.

Ansath

macrumors demi-god
Jun 9, 2018
England
iPhone 12 here. My battery life was noticeably worse than iOS 16.5/16.6 for the first two days and a half. Not terrible, but still bad enough that it could only barely last the full day, while before I always had at least 30-40% before going to bed.
A hard reset seems to have improved things this morning, let's see how long it last.
Same for the Ultra on watchOS 10 btw, noticeably worse battery life during the first two days or so, a hard reset this morning seems to help, so far.
First few days always has indexing going on, which impacts battery life. It's always best to start judging battery life after 2 days, at the earliest, IMHO

Reactions: ixrated

Eric38.schwartz

macrumors newbie
Jun 9, 2023
On my 13 Pro Max I had my phone charged to 90% this morning took two zoom calls on it without video and my batteries are down to 62%. My battery is horrible. I’m now realizing hopefully it is fixed and beta too.

Reactions: thegerman

GC251114

macrumors 6502
Jul 28, 2015
iPhone 14 Pro Max here.

Battery Health no change.

Battery drain is awful. Down too 5% as I type. Just counts down as I type/look at it. Can’t find the culprit yet.

Yes yes I know it’s a beta , but this is the worst beta drain I’ve experienced & been testing since iOS 15.

Brad7

Cancelled
May 3, 2022
iPhone 14 Pro Max here.

Battery Health no change.

Battery drain is awful. Down too 5% as I type. Just counts down as I type/look at it. Can’t find the culprit yet.

Yes yes I know it’s a beta , but this is the worst beta drain I’ve experienced & been testing since iOS 15.
When did you install it? It was like that for me the first day or two, then got better.

thgoepel

macrumors newbie
Sep 11, 2015
San Jose, CA
Seeing the same behavior as several others, seems Apple Mail is the culprit keeping the phone arm and consuming the battery. I am not using Apple Mail at all and it has 60% battery usage of all my apps and all in background activity. We will see if that will be fixed in the next beta ...

The only way I found to resolve this was to delete the Apple Mail app from the phone and since then battery life is back to normal. Another nice side effect, the phone is no longer constantly hot, so definitely the stock mail app is having issues and constantly running in the background.

Last edited:

makoru

macrumors member
Jun 12, 2023
On my iPhone 13 Pro Max, the battery goes like water between my fingers. I just reset the network configuration, we'll see what happens.

Reactions: Brad7

Ansath

macrumors demi-god
Jun 9, 2018
England
On my iPhone 13 Pro Max, the battery goes like water between my fingers. I just reset the network configuration, we'll see what happens.
How long you been running beta? If less than 4 days, then that’s not unusual. If more than 4 days, see what apps are hammering it.

Could be due to an app being slightly incompatible with the new version of iOS, or all sorts of other reasons.

Reactions: Brad7
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.