Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Stiille

macrumors 6502a
Jun 12, 2024
I set up an automation to turn off the Bluetooth when the phone connects to my home WiFi which is 80% of my days (I work from home). The watch uses WiFi at home as well so I have not noticed any disadvantage of not having it connected to my phone at home.

I noticed „Find My“ stopped constantly running that way.
I will test out this Bluetooth issue the upcoming night. Will see if the battery drain stops. But yeah there is no real solution - I don’t have wlan (yes indeed!) at home.
So this workaround does not help here for me sadly.

But I will watch out for any news with next beta if someone of you reports that this issue with battery drain stops with AW and Bluetooth

Stiille

macrumors 6502a
Jun 12, 2024
I maybe found a solution, deactivated my AW Bluetooth on the watch itself.
Then I activated personal hotspot on my iPhone and connected my AW to it, working good so far, hope the drain stops. We will see

Edit: it seems like hotspot does not work properly, kicks my watch every few minutes, so no not a workaround sadly

Stiille

macrumors 6502a
Jun 12, 2024
Update:

First Night with Bluetooth turned off is over.
The result is kinda sad:

went to bed with 76% battery and woke up after 11 hrs of sleep with 64% battery remaining…that’s 12% lost in idle!

So Bluetooth isn’t the problem here.

I will try another night with wlan turned off too.

Or could it be “just” my battery sitting on 84% battery health? I mean is it possible or even normal when battery health is under 90% that the battery will drain in idle? What do you think guys?

IMG_2785.png
IMG_2781.png
IMG_2784.png

Last edited:

Stiille

macrumors 6502a
Jun 12, 2024
Mine was 90% (iPhone 13 Pro bought September 2021) but iOS 17.5.1 destroyed my battery health - went down to 84%.

Do you guys have that phenomenon that you have a sudden jump of battery percentages too?
Mine jumped from 38% to 34% after I checked my mails - 4% loss in less than 10 seconds.

Populus

macrumors 603
Aug 24, 2012
Spain, Europe
Oh La La!! We already have an iOS 18 battery life thread! And it already has 3 pages!🍿

Gonna take a quick look, but with all the machine leaning added to this release (that’s excluding all the AI stuff), it wouldn’t surprise me if it was worse than iOS 17.

Stiille

macrumors 6502a
Jun 12, 2024
Update:
This night I tried out further more.
Bluetooth still off, but now I also stopped the push from Mails and set it to manual and most of the apps I stopped to background updating.
Still 15% idle drain of my battery.

Strangely yesterday I went for a 3 hour walk with 80% battery - and there was no drain, at the end of the walk I had still 80% battery.

That’s really strange to me.

I will try wlan off the upcoming night

Anyone an idea what it could possibly be, what my battery is suffering from?

Could it be that I am in sleep mode and the iPhone is recording sleep details?

aakshey

macrumors 68030
Jun 13, 2016
Update:
This night I tried out further more.
Bluetooth still off, but now I also stopped the push from Mails and set it to manual and most of the apps I stopped to background updating.
Still 15% idle drain of my battery.

Strangely yesterday I went for a 3 hour walk with 80% battery - and there was no drain, at the end of the walk I had still 80% battery.

That’s really strange to me.

I will try wlan off the upcoming night

Anyone an idea what it could possibly be, what my battery is suffering from?

Could it be that I am in sleep mode and the iPhone is recording sleep details?
You had probably removed from the charger at 80%

When you remove below 100%, battery needs to drop 4% before it displays a 1% drop

So in 3 hours your battery probably dropped less than 4~5% and hence it stayed at 80%

Reactions: ATmahe

aakshey

macrumors 68030
Jun 13, 2016
When you remove from 100, battery needs to come down to 94 before it shows 99

George Knighton

macrumors 65816
Oct 13, 2010
iOS 15 Pro Max

I am having a battery use problem that seems to be due to the Sound Recognition.

I'll tend to lose 30% over 2 ½ hours, even though the iPhone isn't being used for anything.

This has been happening since the installation of beta 1.

viktork81

macrumors newbie
Jun 18, 2024
I have an iPhone 15 Pro. Installed iOS 18 beta 3 days ago. My battery health is 100%. Yesterday I charged the phone to 88% before travelling 3 hours. During the journey I listened music on my airpods (so i was using the bluetooth constantly), and browsed the net for 1-2 hours. The phone was constantly warm, and at the end of the journey it went down to 7%! My sound recognition wasn't turned on.

• Sad
Reactions: Populus

JeepGC

macrumors regular
Mar 11, 2011
New Orleans, LA
Re: Battery Health

Mine went from 98% to 97% post B1. September 2023 build. However, up until last month, had the 80% charging limit turned on.

theMarble

macrumors 65816
Sep 27, 2020
Earth, Sol System, Alpha Quadrant
iPhone SE 2 - I do notice a slight decrease in battery life after upgrading from 17.5.1, however it isn't big enough for me to consider downgrading. It was much worse right after I performed the upgrade, however I suspect that was because of indexing and such. So far, I haven't had any major complaints about battery life on DB1.

I'll definitely be curious to see how DB2 is with battery life, as when I upgraded from 17.0 DB1 to 17.0 DB2 last year, battery life did take a noticeable hit.

Stiille

macrumors 6502a
Jun 12, 2024
I still lose over 10-15% battery life at night, turned off Mail Push, almost turned everything off, still no change - could it just be that I only have 84% battery health left that it drains, could it be normal?

mikiotty

macrumors 6502a
Mar 15, 2014
Rome, Italy
Battery life on my 15 Pro is on par or slightly worse than 17.5.1. Not a big deal, I still make it through the day without issues!

Stiille

macrumors 6502a
Jun 12, 2024
I need your opinion guys, is it worth it to erase all data, and set up my phone as new, to maybe get rid off that ridiculous amount of drain over night ?
This night it’s 17% loss and no background app is recorded by battery tab.

Or maybe first unpair the watch and try it another night to make sure it isn’t the watch that drains my battery over night?

Edit:
As I wait for your reply guys, I decided to set up my watch as new, let’s see if that stops the drain, if not I will set up my iPhone as new tomorrow

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.