Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dannyyankou

macrumors G5
Mar 2, 2012
Westchester, NY
IMG_0166.jpeg

greg624

macrumors 6502
Jul 31, 2013
Indiana
In all seriousness it’s more than likely we see the beta tomorrow. If I see something on my phone later today I’ll be happy, if not I can be patient, my phone isn’t broken 😁

Reactions: GoldenChild

rgeiger97

macrumors regular
Jul 2, 2019
Indiana
Tim was watching this thread and not enough people were excited, he decided to delay the release of beta 3 to build more suspense

Reactions: d5aqoëp

FishyFish

macrumors 6502
Sep 18, 2015
West Coast
Tim was watching this thread and not enough people were excited, he decided to delay the release of beta 3 to build more suspense
I'm sure Apple doesn't decide last minute, they probably meet to decide a few hours ahead to go/no go the release. I'd be shocked if they are reading the thread and using it to decide anything but I guess it can't hurt for us to step up our game in terms of engagement.

Assuming they meet again tomorrow morning to decide go/no go decision probably doesn't hurt to put our motivations and hopes/fears here ahead of time.

Also even if Apple is tracking this thread, it wouldn't be Tim directly. More likely the Vice President of Development or someone in the Marketing or Public Relations functionalities.

gwhizkids

macrumors G5
Jun 21, 2013
I’m still holding to the tomorrow camp. But, just to rain on everyone’s parade here, for those who cited last year’s third developer beta release on July 5th and the year before on July 6th, as evidence that we should expect DP3 today, remember this: in both of those years, WWDC and, hence, Developer Preview 1, was a week earlier than WWDC was this year. So an argument could be made that we might not see an update until next week.

Personally, I don’t think that’s going to happen, as Apple still needs to get iOS 18 onto iPhones that have to ship and be on sale well before the end of September and so still has the same endpoint as in the previous years. So I think a release this week is more likely. But it might be Wednesday or Thursday, too.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.