Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AlphaGuitarist

macrumors 65816
Nov 12, 2014
I have a couple of friends who are obsessed with Samsung phones. They call Apple users sheep. I find that highly ironic.

OriginalAppleGuy

Suspended
Sep 25, 2016
Virginia
Just smile at them and walk away.

I love the argument that Apple devices too expensive. What people fail to realize is the phones the wireless companies had available in years past actually cost $600+ each. We might pay 20% or less of the cost if we signed an annual or later two year contract. And that was for basic phones!

I switched to Apple devices after dealing with the crappy locked down, had to hack to make work, windows based phones that kept locking up. Apple devices just work. Period. As time went by, I've stayed Apple because:

- Apple supports them longer than others. Recent, even currently available phones, haven't been able to receive new Android OS's. My 5S so far, has been supported through current OS upgrades even though it's years old.

- Security. Android just doesn't have the security Apple's OS's and hardware offer. Some Samsung devices have caught up in some ways, but you have to buy the right one. I still question how good their security is, but it's better than the others.

- Applications. There are so many different Android OS versions out there that developers have to concern themselves with testing on multiple versions prior to release. If you don't understand that challenge and what it means to apps that can be available reliably, there is nothing more I can say.

- Eco system. I went to MacBook Pro's from windows based systems as my preferred hardware and OS because they work. And they are more secure. I have supported windows based devices at an enterprise level and it's a real bitch having to deal with all the crap out there. The chosen solution many desktop support folks use is re-imaging a PC instead of troubleshooting the problem because it's just too time consuming to do otherwise. All my Apple products work seamlessly together and it's nice to experience that.

- Reliability - because Apple designs the hardware and the operating system, they have the ability to create a much more reliable experience than others can. Generally, they have held true to that. it is extremely rare that I have to troubleshoot issues with my iPhones or other Apple products.

I think that's good for me.

Last edited:

Konvictz

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 25, 2014
Just ignore and enjoy your Xs Mas.

I would like to but there are two whatsapp groups of mates on which I am getting grilled. I do have a whatsapp group where everyone has bought or buying the iPhone Xs.

Just skimming through trying to pick up some good comebacks.

kasakka

macrumors 68020
Oct 25, 2008
Usually in threads like this people will try to dig up how iPhone does thing X better etc but for everyday use the only marked difference between iOS and Android is how things are done. Each operating system does some things better and some things worse than the other. All you need to say is that you prefer how iOS works and are willing to pay a premium for a device that runs that OS.

Reactions: belvdr

belvdr

macrumors 603
Aug 15, 2005
Usually in threads like this people will try to dig up how iPhone does thing X better etc but for everyday use the only marked difference between iOS and Android is how things are done. Each operating system does some things better and some things worse than the other. All you need to say is that you prefer how iOS works and are willing to pay a premium for a device that runs that OS.
Bingo! Buy what you want and enjoy it. It doesn't matter what others prefer.

Complex757

macrumors 6502a
Sep 10, 2016
Enjoy stressing yourself out over the decisions other people make.

If you enjoyed your phone so much, you wouldn't be worried about mine.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.