Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

NotAdvisable

macrumors regular
Nov 16, 2011
Perth, Australia
Most defiantly fake; combined with the 'Siri' on an iPod Touch and also the fact that Apple will have to introduce something much more substantial other than two little tweaks to ever allow iOS6 to be a success.

Speedyparker87

Cancelled
Apr 4, 2010
Chicago
Also, while I don't think the concept of an iStore is all that farfetched, Apple would never make its icon that ugly with the half purple/half blue. The new maps interface was ugly too and did not appear similar enough to the leaked pics. :)

WeegieMac

Jan 29, 2008
Glasgow, UK
I'll give the guy his due, it's a very elaborate and well set up hoax.

Although how did he merge the App Store and iTunes apps?

marcusj0015

macrumors 65816
Aug 29, 2011
U.S.A.
Most defiantly fake; combined with the 'Siri' on an iPod Touch and also the fact that Apple will have to introduce something much more substantial other than two little tweaks to ever allow iOS6 to be a success.

You seem to think of iOS as having the ability to be successful, it's free, people will install it, there are no market forces.

12dylan34

macrumors 6502a
Sep 3, 2009
It's fake for if nothing else than because a 12 year old kid with an iPod touch has it before everyone else.

nfl46

macrumors G3
Oct 5, 2008
Lol, if those videos are real, iOS 6 looks like 5.x update. It was hardly any changes. That just doesn't seem like a major upgrade to me.

Fake.

macbookman83

macrumors 6502
Jan 23, 2011
New York

My first question would be if he has two videos with different build numbers, why does he have the same iPod touch?

More importantly how would this guy be able to have a beta on his iPod without gaining some additional verification from apple? Betas are attached to UDIDs so even if this was a real video it would be very easy to locate the source of the leak.

This is as real as the $14 dollar bill I got from Dave and Busters arcade.

treichert

macrumors 6502
Nov 7, 2007
Aachen, Germany
So much wrong with the buildnumbers alone....

iOS 6 would be 10AXXX. 10A010 would be so early in the developmental stage that it probably would not even be compiled.

10BXXX is also complete bogus as 10BXXX would be iOS 6.1.

Edit:
Oh, and then there is the Dictionary icon.....obviously the uploader isn't even a good Photoshopper as he simply took the OS X icon and put it in a black rectangle...

twigman08

macrumors 6502
Apr 13, 2012
FAKE. As stated build numbers seem off. Also I find it funny that he didn't show Siri actually working. Wow, He brought it up? I wouldn't doubt if he didn't have it even connected to a working proxy server. If he did he was more than likely nervous to show on video if the proxy server went down or didn't work.

Apple already added a dictionary into iOS. You can highlight any word and define it. I don't see Apple adding an App for it. If anything they would just integrate it into the Spotlight search and have a button on the right hand side that would bring up the dictionary. I do question some things Apple has done lately in software, but them adding an App for dictionary when it is already built into iOS? Not likely.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.