Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Doju

macrumors 68000
Jun 16, 2008
Right now I'm planning to use my 2007 Apple BT keyboard with the iPad positioned on the copy/book holder that I bought yesterday. This to me offers more flexibility in placing the iPad and keyboard at optimal spacing from each other and from me. The keyboard dock does look useful, too, but I will be perfectly happy with the regular dock, at least for the time being, and will be using it primarily for charging the iPad.
Why use the bookholder for the stand when you could just use the regular dock and the 2007 keyboard?

Damian.

macrumors regular
Jan 3, 2009
I've been debating this for a while now and I wonder if anyone else has thought about this. I'm not sure if I want the Keyboard Dock combo or the iPad dock & wireless keyboard. I know one costs less than the other, but one gives a little more freedom than the other (because the wireless keyboard isn't connected to the dock). Decisions...decisions...decisions.

:apple:

I think this will help you a bit:

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/862861/

ipadking

macrumors member
Mar 30, 2010
CA
I'm going to wait on the bluetooth or keyboard dock. When I first got my iPhone keyboard was hard to type on. But after a couple of months, I think it's easier to type on then my PC keyboard. My hands hurt a lot less with the iphone keyboard. I think it's going to be true for the iPad, just drop the physical keyboard, you hands will hurt much less on the iPad since they's no physical keypresses.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.