Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Andrei3012

macrumors newbie
Feb 1, 2018
This is a known issue of the beta by now. Apple is looking into it.

The only solution we know of so far is to do a full "reset all contents and settings" whilst plugged into a Mac with USB and having that Mac share internet over USB so the reset process can verify your AppleID
[doublepost=1517480203][/doublepost]

The only solution we know of so far is to do a full "reset all contents and settings" whilst plugged into a Mac with USB and having that Mac share internet over USB so the reset process can verify your AppleID
I can t connect to itunes with my ipad air gives me an error all the time when i try to connet what too do and i can t dowgrade from 11.3 :(

casperes1996

macrumors 604
Jan 26, 2014
Horsens, Denmark
I can t connect to itunes with my ipad air gives me an error all the time when i try to connet what too do and i can t dowgrade from 11.3 :(

That also happens to all of us. You don't need iTunes though. With the device connected to the Mac via USB, go to Sharing on the Mac, select internet, select from wi-fi to USB and enable sharing. Now the iPad has internet whilst connected to the Mac

I'll be sure to check that out
[doublepost=1517498674][/doublepost]

Oh right! I've already read that. I don't see the big advantage compared to just doing a reset though. With the reset the issue is fixed whilst remaining on the beta, and if you have a recent backup you still lose nothing

Andrei3012

macrumors newbie
Feb 1, 2018
That also happens to all of us. You don't need iTunes though. With the device connected to the Mac via USB, go to Sharing on the Mac, select internet, select from wi-fi to USB and enable sharing. Now the iPad has internet whilst connected to the Mac

I'll be sure to check that out
[doublepost=1517498674][/doublepost]

Oh right! I've already read that. I don't see the big advantage compared to just doing a reset though. With the reset the issue is fixed whilst remaining on the beta, and if you have a recent backup you still lose nothing
I don t have a MAC XD and i don t know how on pc

ThirstyB

macrumors newbie
Feb 3, 2018
Hey there! It's me you're talking about (probably among others)... I didn't actually revert back to 11.2.5 anyway. I found a fix. And I'm actually a bit sad I did, because Apple just contacted me about getting extra information for them to fix the bug, and I can't get it to them, because my solution was not just to reset network settings, but the entire iPad, and restore it to an iCloud backup (still on 11.3).

Would you be interested in helping Apple out with this bug? PM me your email address and I'll redirect Apple's engineering team to you, saying you still have the issue and you can gather the diagnostics information they want

PS. An alternative to using a not secure connection, is to plug the iPad into a Mac and enable internet sharing over USB (that's how I reset my device, since iTunes also didn't work for managing it, and resetting requires internet access to confer with my AppleID)
I have exactly the same issue only I can't restore because I can't turn off the "Find my iPad" feature as the new terms and conditions won't download even though I have connectivity by sharing the internet through my MacBook. I'm "dead in the water" with no real options. Any suggestions?

casperes1996

macrumors 604
Jan 26, 2014
Horsens, Denmark
I have exactly the same issue only I can't restore because I can't turn off the "Find my iPad" feature as the new terms and conditions won't download even though I have connectivity by sharing the internet through my MacBook. I'm "dead in the water" with no real options. Any suggestions?

You can use restore mode with iTunes to revert to iOS 11.2.5

ReneDekker

macrumors newbie
Feb 3, 2018
Hey there! It's me you're talking about (probably among others)... I didn't actually revert back to 11.2.5 anyway. I found a fix. And I'm actually a bit sad I did, because Apple just contacted me about getting extra information for them to fix the bug, and I can't get it to them, because my solution was not just to reset network settings, but the entire iPad, and restore it to an iCloud backup (still on 11.3).

Would you be interested in helping Apple out with this bug? PM me your email address and I'll redirect Apple's engineering team to you, saying you still have the issue and you can gather the diagnostics information they want

PS. An alternative to using a not secure connection, is to plug the iPad into a Mac and enable internet sharing over USB (that's how I reset my device, since iTunes also didn't work for managing it, and resetting requires internet access to confer with my AppleID)

I would like to fix the WiFi problem on my iPad Air, still at the 11.3 Public Beta release. Pls bring me in contact with Apple engineering. I don’t want to restore to a previous version. I have reset my network settings without any result. I can’t use the report App as a Beta tester, my Apple ID IS NOT ACCCEPTED because of this issue. Regards ReneDekker.

wemax

macrumors member
Feb 3, 2018
my ipad mini retina works perfectly fine but my buddy's is also unable to connect to wifi on 11.3. going back to 11.2.5 fixed the issue for him.

casperes1996

macrumors 604
Jan 26, 2014
Horsens, Denmark
I would like to fix the WiFi problem on my iPad Air, still at the 11.3 Public Beta release. Pls bring me in contact with Apple engineering. I don’t want to restore to a previous version. I have reset my network settings without any result. I can’t use the report App as a Beta tester, my Apple ID IS NOT ACCCEPTED because of this issue. Regards ReneDekker.

If you cannot reset the iPad entirely (All content and settings, not just network settings), your only option is going back to 11.2.5 and perhaps trying another upgrade if you really insist on being on 11.3
Apple is aware of the issue and already have the info they need to work on the issue

RealAngel

macrumors newbie
Feb 3, 2018
ok, so I've tried all the above options and still am having the same issue, even on 11.2.5. I was going to try finding an older ipsw and restoring back to that, but just saw that Apple stopped signing the older versions so boop. I didn't have any troubles the whole time through 11.2.5 and all the betas until I installed 11.3 beta 1 and started getting the incorrect password > unable to join error and now even going back to an older version is still not helping.

alphonseM

macrumors member
Mar 29, 2014
How is the performance on the iPad mini 2? Are we getting to a point where it is worth upgrading from iOS10.3.3?

marcoiac

macrumors newbie
Nov 7, 2017

Beta 2 did not fix my wifi problems on my iPad Mini 2. How do you 'enable internet sharing over USB'?
[doublepost=1518036507][/doublepost]
With the reset the issue is fixed whilst remaining on the beta, and if you have a recent backup you still lose nothing

One more question from me. You say in another post

"The only solution we know of so far is to do a full "reset all contents and settings" whilst plugged into a Mac with USB and having that Mac share internet over USB so the reset process can verify your AppleID"

Do we know why that works? I had downgraded to 11.2.5 hoping that beta 2 would fix the wifi problems but it doesn't appear it did on my iPad Mini 2 (unless what was installed on the machine is beta 1 again, but the machine said it was installing beta 2...)

Thanks

NVM, I think I got it! I don't have the mini with me now, I'll test it later. Thanks!

Last edited:

steinmb

macrumors member
Sep 2, 2008
Norway
11.3 beta 2 - Still not able to join encrypted wifi networks. IPad air - A1474.
Reset network setting did not fix it.

marcoiac

macrumors newbie
Nov 7, 2017
11.3 beta 2 - Still not able to join encrypted wifi networks. IPad air - A1474.

I am in the same boat with an iPad mini 2, in spite of what Apple says that beta 2 fixes the problem. you should do what casperes1996 says, connect to a mac via USB, share wifi via usb, and reset all settings and contents. If it fixes the wifi issue, you can then restore content from a previous backup. I don't have my device with me, can't do it now, but I'll definitely do it in a few hours

steinmb

macrumors member
Sep 2, 2008
Norway
I waited for beta 2, expecting it to address the issue. Since it did not, I gave up and downgraded to 11.2.5 following instructions in #20

marcoiac

macrumors newbie
Nov 7, 2017
yeah, i had already downgraded from beta 1 but now I am sick of downgrading and think I'll try the 'reset all' fix

marcoiac

macrumors newbie
Nov 7, 2017
yeah, i had already downgraded from beta 1 but now I am sick of downgrading and think I'll try the 'reset all' fix

well, looks like that even with internet sharing on my mac my iPad mini 2 running iOS 11.3 beta version 2 can't connect to wifi. wow

Keni

macrumors newbie
Jan 31, 2018

Hi, updated my iPad Air to 11.3 pb2. Still same issue. Full reset and erased my iPad. Restore back from iTunes. Now can connect to WiFi.

marcoiac

macrumors newbie
Nov 7, 2017
Yeah - the erase seems to be the only fix for now

My problem is that I can’t even do that because the device does not seem to be able to share WiFi with the Mac. I also created an open network at home and the device is unable to connect with that too. I read that some people can’t connect even after downgrading. So, it does look like there are different forms of problems here related to WiFi connectivity

casperes1996

macrumors 604
Jan 26, 2014
Horsens, Denmark
Beta 2 did not fix my wifi problems on my iPad Mini 2. How do you 'enable internet sharing over USB'?

System Preferences -> Sharing -> Internet -> Select from Wi-FI (if your Mac is connected via Wi-FI) and to USB iPad Bridge, then enable.

Do we know why that works? I had downgraded to 11.2.5 hoping that beta 2 would fix the wifi problems but it doesn't appear it did on my iPad Mini 2 (unless what was installed on the machine is beta 1 again, but the machine said it was installing beta 2...)

Honestly no cause. It's likely a state issue since a reset fixes it, but what state, I have not even a guess. But whatever it is, should either be made immutable or have safeguards put in to make sure it doesn't end up like this.

NVM, I think I got it! I don't have the mini with me now, I'll test it later. Thanks!

Gave you an answer regardless just in case.

Never has worked sadly. It's all or nothing
[doublepost=1518102510][/doublepost]
My problem is that I can’t even do that because the device does not seem to be able to share WiFi with the Mac. I also created an open network at home and the device is unable to connect with that too. I read that some people can’t connect even after downgrading. So, it does look like there are different forms of problems here related to WiFi connectivity

How did you try the wi-fi sharing?

Another solution is to do a full restore with Restore Mode on iTunes. That has worked for some.

It may be a general security authentication issue, seeing that there are other functions that also don't work, like connecting to iTunes outside of Restore Mode. And if I'm not mistaken, all devices affected lack a Secure Enclave.

ReneDekker

macrumors newbie
Feb 3, 2018
If you cannot reset the iPad entirely (All content and settings, not just network settings), your only option is going back to 11.2.5 and perhaps trying another upgrade if you really insist on being on 11.3
Apple is aware of the issue and already have the info they need to work on the issue
I installed today IOS 11.3 Public Beta 2. The WiFi issue with protected connections still exist. Also the Apple ID verification is not fixed. Any suggestions what to do beside an IOS downgrade?

marcoiac

macrumors newbie
Nov 7, 2017
How did you try the wi-fi sharing?

Another solution is to do a full restore with Restore Mode on iTunes. That has worked for some.

It may be a general security authentication issue, seeing that there are other functions that also don't work, like connecting to iTunes outside of Restore Mode. And if I'm not mistaken, all devices affected lack a Secure Enclave.

wi-fi sharing: iPad was connected to Mac via USB. I selected wifi sharing, and then selected USB iPad. That failed, iPad still could not connect. Then I selected all options for wifi sharing, and it still failed. You may have a point on Secure Enclave. But, wrt 'a full restore' on iTunes, wouldn't I restore to factory settings? And then what? Are there people that did a full restore to factory settings and then installed the beta and had no issues? Because they way I see it, even with a full restore, installing the beta would still generate the connectivity issues. But if there are users that got rid of the connectivity issues on the beta by first doing a full restore and then installing the beta, I'd be happy to try that. Except that it's one of the few things I haven't seen reported.

marcoiac

macrumors newbie
Nov 7, 2017
Hi, updated my iPad Air to 11.3 pb2. Still same issue. Full reset and erased my iPad. Restore back from iTunes. Now can connect to WiFi.

After restoring, you connect to Wifi running 11.3 beta or 11.2.5? Thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.