Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

casperes1996

macrumors 604
Jan 26, 2014
Horsens, Denmark
wi-fi sharing: iPad was connected to Mac via USB. I selected wifi sharing, and then selected USB iPad. That failed, iPad still could not connect. Then I selected all options for wifi sharing, and it still failed. You may have a point on Secure Enclave. But, wrt 'a full restore' on iTunes, wouldn't I restore to factory settings? And then what? Are there people that did a full restore to factory settings and then installed the beta and had no issues? Because they way I see it, even with a full restore, installing the beta would still generate the connectivity issues. But if there are users that got rid of the connectivity issues on the beta by first doing a full restore and then installing the beta, I'd be happy to try that. Except that it's one of the few things I haven't seen reported.

Talked to someone on PM that I found on a different thread who did exactly that and it worked. But I don't know if it will for you of course.
[doublepost=1518149383][/doublepost]
I installed today IOS 11.3 Public Beta 2. The WiFi issue with protected connections still exist. Also the Apple ID verification is not fixed. Any suggestions what to do beside an IOS downgrade?

Reset all contents and settings fixes it

marcoiac

macrumors newbie
Nov 7, 2017
Talked to someone on PM that I found on a different thread who did exactly that and it worked. But I don't know if it will for you of course.

Yeah, of course. That's why I am now thinking I might wait a little more. Going back to 11.2.5 made the device fully functional again. And it's not even a device I use much. So, the incentive to go through the whole process isn't high. But maybe I'll try it this weekend, just out of curiosity. Thanks anyway

ReneDekker

macrumors newbie
Feb 3, 2018
[doublepost=1518149383][/doublepost]

Reset all contents and settings fixes it
Just if I misunderstand your answer coorectly, I dont have a backup as my iPad will not connect to iTunes on my pc. So I will loose all my data if a do a "Reset all contents"!

ReneDekker

macrumors newbie
Feb 3, 2018
You don't have a backup on iCloud either?
To connect to iCloud I have to agree with the new terms of use. If I klick on accept the new terms, nothing happens, the progression ring keeps spinning a few minutes then ends showing the same screen, accept the new terms first!

casperes1996

macrumors 604
Jan 26, 2014
Horsens, Denmark
To connect to iCloud I have to agree with the new terms of use. If I klick on accept the new terms, nothing happens, the progression ring keeps spinning a few minutes then ends showing the same screen, accept the new terms first!

Yes but a backup from before you installed the beta? - That backup is of the contents not the OS, so you can restore to that backup whilst staying on the beta

ReneDekker

macrumors newbie
Feb 3, 2018
Yes but a backup from before you installed the beta? - That backup is of the contents not the OS, so you can restore to that backup whilst staying on the beta
Thanks for all your support sofar Casperes much appreciated. I feel still unsure if an IOS downgrade will be the best solution for me now. I have still hope Apple will comeback with a solution in the next IOS 11.3 beta 3 update. Best regards Rene Dekker.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.