Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ChoiMinji

macrumors 6502
Jul 5, 2021
Yeah, I read opinions and reviews but in the end want to form my own opinion on whether to keep a product after trying it for myself. For me, the most important opinion in a purchase is my own.
Absolutely, well put. Thank you šŸ˜Š

ChoiMinji

macrumors 6502
Jul 5, 2021
And btw, Iā€™m still waiting for your answer to my question?
Oh well, I guess I wouldnā€™t get any at all šŸ„¹
What those who do not think itā€™s worth it to upgrade every year or two is trying to prove that itā€™s not worth it to them. Thatā€™s all. Itā€™s not a good thing or a bad thing, or a right-wrong thing. Itā€™s a personal preference thing.šŸ˜€ So simpleā€¦

šŸŒ¶šŸŒ¶šŸ˜€I sincerely apologize for the delayed answer šŸ˜€šŸ˜€šŸ˜€ā¤ļøā¤ļøšŸŒøšŸŒ¶šŸŒ¶

belindaquek

macrumors member
Sep 24, 2021
What those who do not think itā€™s worth it to upgrade every year or two is trying to prove that itā€™s not worth it to them. Thatā€™s all. Itā€™s not a good thing or a bad thing, or a right-wrong thing. Itā€™s a personal preference thing.šŸ˜€ So simpleā€¦

šŸŒ¶šŸŒ¶šŸ˜€I sincerely apologize for the delayed answer šŸ˜€šŸ˜€šŸ˜€ā¤ļøā¤ļøšŸŒøšŸŒ¶šŸŒ¶

No worries :)

It ainā€™t wrong. And I myself think itā€™s not worth to spend the amount every year. Hence, I changed mine after 3 years with my 11. But honestly, I donā€™t see the point of criticizing others who change theirs every 1-2 years. Or best, creating similar thread almost every year during iPhone release? Importantly, itā€™s their money and they are happy with the phone. End of story.

Just my 2 cents šŸ˜Š

reeneebob

macrumors 6502
Oct 14, 2015
The headphone jack is done son. Gone the way of the floppy disk and CD/DVD Drive. Ainā€™t nobody got time for that.

Providing parts? The iPhone or any smartphone is not a pickup truck.
Like getting a water pump for a 2004 F250.
Getting parts.

If yā€™all think youā€™re getting ripped off just donā€™t buy it itā€™s that simple.

Or they could just use the freely supplied dongle.

Like when I have the urge to be tethered by wires to my phone, and I grab my Bose buds that I leave the dongle attached to.

So difficult

Last edited:

Atomic1977

macrumors 6502
Jul 8, 2017
West Bend Wisconsin
iphone 14 is something I will never have. I don't upgrade my stuff every year as its impossible to do with my kind of budget. I was just lucky enough to get gifted my iphone 13 after just having a iphone 6 and getting a iphone 8 free from a friend a few years ago.

Reactions: decafjava

cdf294

macrumors newbie
Dec 26, 2017
Central Texas
I have no desire to upgrade every year nor have I done so. I had the 3GS and then moved to an 8+ and then traded the 8+ for a 12P.

I am trading the 12P for a 14PM. Why? The battery on the 12P has always been garbage compared to the 8+ that I traded for it. Even after 4 years of use, the battery on the 8+ lasted significantly longer than the 12P ever did. It also doesn't hurt that I am getting $1000 for the 12P towards the upgrade. Yes, I am tied to my cell provider for 2 years to get the full benefit but I'm not changing my cell service so that's a non issue. Getting an upgrade for minimal or no cost is pretty much a no brainer for me, especially when I'm not happy with my current phone.

Reactions: happy orchard

Annv

macrumors regular
Sep 16, 2019
The headphone jack is done son. Gone the way of the floppy disk and CD/DVD Drive. Ainā€™t nobody got time for that.
It's not gone from MacBook, for example. So, what's the point of removing it from one device, but not from the other one? Apple did not provide any reasoning apart from "courage".

I would not compare the headphone jack to CD/DVD or floppy. Those are outdated technologies replaced with something better: high-speed internet, streaming services etc. And I still need to read a CD sometimes, so not completely gone.

Headphone jack is not outdated, it's rock-solid and provides a better sound and speech recognition quality than Bluetooth. And for 10 times cheaper.
Providing parts? The iPhone or any smartphone is not a pickup truck.
Like getting a water pump for a 2004 F250.
Getting parts.
Sometimes screens break, and batteries are just a consumable component, so why are they paired to the phone on a software level, so you cannot replace them yourself or by someone except Apple, even if you get a genuine part?
If yā€™all think youā€™re getting ripped off just donā€™t buy it itā€™s that simple.
Yep, I won't. But this is a forum to discuss tech and company decisions.

RRC

macrumors 68000
Nov 3, 2020
Headphone jack is not outdated, it's rock-solid and provides a better sound and speech recognition quality than Bluetooth. And for 10 times cheaper.

That is only true if you use decent quality wired headphones. Bluetooth audio quality really has come a long way recentlyā€¦

ChoiMinji

macrumors 6502
Jul 5, 2021
not a upgrade from what?
I think what barondebxl was expressing is that the ā€œupgradeā€ simply isnā€™t worth it. barondebxl made no mention that it wasnā€™t an upgrade from anything other than for himself/herself.

Dealmans

Suspended
Mar 12, 2022
I think what barondebxl was expressing is that the ā€œupgradeā€ simply isnā€™t worth it. barondebxl made no mention that it wasnā€™t an upgrade from anything other than for himself/herself.
they have a 14 max so they must of had some sort of phone they upgraded from

edit: looks like they had a 13 max

Dealmans

Suspended
Mar 12, 2022
13 pro max lol but this 14 pro max really made me realize that itā€™s all the same at the end of the day plus the features I was looking forward to are not as good as I thought theyā€™d pilaf be. The dynamic island is kinda gimmicky to me and the always on display is pure trash imo
Yeah I have a 13 max and just couldn't do it this year, first year no new iPhone for me since 4S lol
In old terms it's a 13S so not much doing, next year should be better.

Reactions: ChoiMinji

Bootleg Gucci

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2013
NoVA
Judging from the 500+ responses on 21 pages, this thread got what it was designed to do by janeauburn. Get many peopleā€™s attention.

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Feb 14, 2008
US
13 pro max lol but this 14 pro max really made me realize that itā€™s all the same at the end of the day plus the features I was looking forward to are not as good as I thought theyā€™d pilaf be. The dynamic island is kinda gimmicky to me and the always on display is pure trash imo
I think the DI is neat; bonus that itā€™s built to function in a way that hides the camera/Face ID hardware. I love the AOD. I set my wallpaper to change upon lock so every time I look at my phone itā€™s got a new wallpaper. Now that I can see it without waking the screen, I get to appreciate the wallpapers I use so much more. Before you saw it for a second or two before unlocking.
Yeah I have a 13 max and just couldn't do it this year, first year no new iPhone for me since 4S lol
I read the same comment every year. Yā€™all want a new form factor with every upgrade?
Does anyone actually like this new phone?
This guy. šŸ‘‹šŸ»

Iā€™ve been waiting for a black phone for years and that itch has finally been scratched.

0EA04810-5E39-4F10-BF22-791365CE0B65.jpeg

CA07E080-840B-4094-A2A1-E68DB047FA1F.jpeg

7A7E4890-0D47-4A58-AEC5-1317F5752F19.jpeg

553ABD3C-96D5-441A-AE56-F426DC511546.jpeg

davedvdy

macrumors 6502a
Oct 25, 2011
Comical you mentioned the 4S in particular. Did you start with the 4S?
I think that was the only weak upgrade year I can possibly think of. Still no LTE,
so I waited for the 5.

Dealmans

Suspended
Mar 12, 2022
I think the DI is neat; bonus that itā€™s built to function in a way that hides the camera/Face ID hardware. I love the AOD. I set my wallpaper to change upon lock so every time I look at my phone itā€™s got a new wallpaper. Now that I can see it without waking the screen, I get to appreciate the wallpapers I use so much more. Before you saw it for a second or two before unlocking.

I read the same comment every year. Yā€™all want a new form factor with every upgrade?

This guy. šŸ‘‹šŸ»

Iā€™ve been waiting for a black phone for years and that itch has finally been scratched.

View attachment 2092823
View attachment 2092822
View attachment 2092821
View attachment 2092824
I only buy black cases makes no difference to me, it's not black black anyway

Dealmans

Suspended
Mar 12, 2022
Comical you mentioned the 4S in particular. Did you start with the 4S?
I think that was the only weak upgrade year I can possibly think of. Still no LTE,
so I waited for the 5.
maybe 4, lte lol, that really helped back then haha

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.