Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Feb 14, 2008
US
you replied to me I was replying back
Fair enough. Wasn’t really responding directly to you though; you were just the last of that same message I used as an example. I could find the same message from previous years but that’s a lot of effort I just don’t have in the tank.

Fat_Guy

macrumors 65816
Feb 10, 2021
Does anyone actually like this new phone?
Yup I do. I had one week left of my vacation, got bored and then decided to spend the week buying the 14 PM and setting it up.

Lots of fun here also…

Oops.

The 14 and 14 plus?

I like the 14 plus and battery life. I run some companies and carry spares for my gang. The 14 Plus is perfect for this But the price has to come down.

Last edited:

davedvdy

macrumors 6502a
Oct 25, 2011
The 14 Plus seemed to me like the best idea that Apple rolled out this year.
Cause of the weight? lol Pretty sure that is the angle you are going with that comment.
Is it going to interest you since it's only .03 OZ heavier than your 8 Plus?

Last edited:

TechLord

macrumors 6502a
Apr 28, 2020
Ordered the 14 pro to replace my regular 12 this year. Regular 14 just isn’t a solid enough upgrade and I couldn’t justify it. 14 pro is a bit pricy but I’m financially comfortable and I’ll keep it for 3+ years rather than 2. Had the regular 14 been less lacklustre I may well have ordered that and followed the typical 2 year upgrade cycle.

ChoiMinji

macrumors 6502
Jul 5, 2021
Fair enough. Wasn’t really responding directly to you though; you were just the last of that same message I used as an example. I could find the same message from previous years but that’s a lot of effort I just don’t have in the tank.
I don’t see any reason to respond to either one of you, but I did respond to one of you, for whatever reason.

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Feb 14, 2008
US
I don’t see any reason to respond to either one of you, but I did respond to one of you, for whatever reason.
How come?
I would love to have a 14 but I can’t afford a new phone every year. I just went from a 6 to a free 8 from a friend who upgraded and now I was gifted a 13 in my favorite color and that’s where I sit for several years. Who knows if I’ll ever get better than 13. Got too much in my life to think about the newest phone.
Yet here you are. 🤨

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Feb 14, 2008
US
Yeah…okay? So are many, for whatever reason.
The part to which you're replying wasn't directed at you. I was asking you why you didn't want to reply to me (which you continue to do). You're really bad at this.
Don’t worry, this forum is welcome to people who don’t upgrade every year too
Of course! Just odd to me that somebody who's so busy that they don't have time to think about a new model is hanging out on a forum specifically referencing it.

Reactions: valinda

reeneebob

macrumors 6502
Oct 14, 2015
Don’t worry, this forum is welcome to people who don’t upgrade every year too

I moved away from upgrading every year after the X. I was every couple of years for the first time since, well, ever.

But I only upgraded from my 13 Pro because of the dark purple - my dream iPhone colour. And I expect I’ll be keeping it for a few years. It would have to be something pretty spectacular to make me give up my purple. Was it a frivolous reason to upgrade? Sure. I was perfectly happy with my sierra blue…except it wasn’t purple.

That being said, I find the whining about the 14 Pro/Max to be hilarious. Buy it or don’t - don’t care. But the OP’s yearly rant about how great the 8 is and shaming other people for upgrading got old.

ChoiMinji

macrumors 6502
Jul 5, 2021
The part to which you're replying wasn't directed at you. I was asking you why you didn't want to reply to me (which you continue to do). You're really bad at this.
My first language is Korean, I bet you’re really bad at that, right? So much for being a knowledgebomb. But you’re good at being militant aren’t you

JoyfulPlantLady

macrumors newbie
Oct 7, 2022
I upgraded from a 12 Pro to a 14 Pro and I’m very happy. My 12’s battery was worn out and the screen had some dead pixels, plus I needed more space so the upgrade made sense for me.

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Feb 14, 2008
US
My first language is Korean, I bet you’re really bad at that, right? So much for being a knowledgebomb. But you’re good at being militant aren’t you
Militant?

I thought knowledge being misspelled would give the opposite impression…

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.