Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

anonymous-A.S

Cancelled
Original poster
Aug 31, 2022
essentially this is the final product of the new Lock Screen and AOD design for iPhone 14 Pro series.

Edit: added more mockup pics for your visualization. THESE ARE AS ACCURATE AS IT GETS, this is the real deal folks. This is it.

Attachments

• 9396B385-FEAE-458E-AD93-019F3BA9B5F6.jpeg
    9396B385-FEAE-458E-AD93-019F3BA9B5F6.jpeg
    141.1 KB · Views: 1,290
  • 95EE16CF-B929-4CEA-8270-C91D0A40BA0A.jpeg
    95EE16CF-B929-4CEA-8270-C91D0A40BA0A.jpeg
    117.2 KB · Views: 682
  • E43A82C3-F496-439A-B430-BD91954DB4E8.jpeg
    E43A82C3-F496-439A-B430-BD91954DB4E8.jpeg
    143.6 KB · Views: 622
  • B5A47EF0-A707-4933-B7E8-5168A674DDF7.jpeg
    B5A47EF0-A707-4933-B7E8-5168A674DDF7.jpeg
    207.3 KB · Views: 694
Last edited:

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
Wow. that's pretty awesome. Especially on the right side, it blends in so well you don't even see it 😳

kalafalas

macrumors 6502a
Aug 26, 2008
California
Damn, I’m really loving apples take on AOD. When I first heard about it I was like that’s not enough to get me to upgrade, but this looks so slick and actually useful

Reactions: happy orchard

John981

macrumors regular
Nov 5, 2017
It‘s great that the feature might finally arrive on the iPhone, but if it‘s really exclusive to the Pro phones, that‘s honestly quite disappointing.

John981

macrumors regular
Nov 5, 2017
It 100% will be since it needs the 1 to 120hz display
I think you're right in that Apple wouldn't enable the feature without the ability to scale back the refresh rate to 1 Hz, but they could easily use the same panel on the standard 14 and limit its refresh rate from 1 to 60 Hz to maintain the same distinction on the upper end while still giving both phones the ability to use an efficient always-on display.

Reactions: autrefois

John Michaud

macrumors newbie
Sep 7, 2020
I think you're right in that Apple wouldn't enable the feature without the ability to scale back the refresh rate to 1 Hz, but they could easily use the same panel on the standard 14 and limit its refresh rate from 1 to 60 Hz to maintain the same distinction on the upper end while still giving both phones the ability to use an efficient always-on display.
Yeah you’re right but they need to attract the most people to the pro models so they need not give the regular model too many features. We’ll see next week!

Reactions: NoGood@Usernames

zakarhino

Contributor
Sep 13, 2014
the travis scott wallpaper is cool. Idk if I like this approach because at night the screen will glow a lot more vs. simply displaying the time. the effect looks interesting which is why I believe you're correct but I'm hoping there's an option to just display time.

Appleee1011

macrumors newbie
Sep 2, 2022
It’s not “imo.” This is the real deal
Thank you for the images of AOD. Do you think there might be the option in settings to disable the black space in between the pill and hole punch cutout? Or maybe it only shows a black bar in some apps and in others the separation of the two cutouts will be visible?

Also, out of this AOD topic, if you have any knowledge, do you believe any of the 14 models will have full Reverse Wireless Charging capability?

Thank you in advance!

Reactions: RyanXM

anonymous-A.S

Cancelled
Original poster
Aug 31, 2022
Thank you for the images of AOD. Do you think there might be the option in settings to disable the black space in between the pill and hole punch cutout? Or maybe it only shows a black bar in some apps and in others the separation of the two cutouts will be visible?

Also, out of this AOD topic, if you have any knowledge, do you believe any of the 14 models will have full Reverse Wireless Charging capability?

Thank you in advance!
Sadly it’s all set in stone. You won’t be able to disable the blank space (and I’m unsure of whether there will be any instances when it’s disabled automatically) — and while the 14 (like the 12 and 13) supports reverse wireless charging, it will only work with MagSafe battery accessories and nothing else (no charging AirPods)

Appleee1011

macrumors newbie
Sep 2, 2022
Sadly it’s all set in stone. You won’t be able to disable the blank space, and while the 14 (like the 12 and 13) supports reverse wireless charging, it will only work with MagSafe battery accessories and nothing else (no charging AirPods)
Sad news 😓, thanks for the info.

Appleee1011

macrumors newbie
Sep 2, 2022
Sadly it’s all set in stone. You won’t be able to disable the blank space, and while the 14 (like the 12 and 13) supports reverse wireless charging, it will only work with MagSafe battery accessories and nothing else (no charging AirPods)
I guess I may also ask, have you been informed of any new “MagSafe battery accessory” coming? Perhaps a new updated battery pack with faster charging speeds and higher maH that will be ready for the iPhone launch?

anonymous-A.S

Cancelled
Original poster
Aug 31, 2022
I guess I may also ask, have you been informed of any new “MagSafe battery accessory” coming? Perhaps a new updated battery pack with faster charging speeds and higher maH that will be ready for the iPhone launch?
I don’t know much about hardware or accessories unfortunately. My buddy’s a software engineer at Apple and even he’s unaware of other product information besides the stuff tied to whatever his team is working on/around.

I do hope they make a larger MagSafe battery though, the one we have now is just not enough

Jeven Stobs

Suspended
Apr 8, 2022
Economically that wouldn’t be very feasible.

alpi123

macrumors 68020
Jun 18, 2014
Maybe they will, we don't know.

zakarhino

Contributor
Sep 13, 2014
interesting how this leaker in this thread makes their profile pic the ARKit/Portrait Mode logo...

interesting how the Apple teaser looks like a LIDAR scan...

interesting how the Halide team (ex-Apple employees that just won best camera app of the year at WWDC) said they think it's funny everyone thinks the teaser is related to astrophotography but nobody pointed out how the teaser looks like a LIDAR map...

...hmmm...

I doubt the AR Goggles will get shown off but maybe portrait mode and cinematic mode are getting a major upgrades in quality this year. It's only a matter of time before Apple can replicate the attributes of a proper Noctilux lens. It's a stretch, I know, but a funny co-incidence of events regardless.

Reactions: Brad7

EmotionalSnow

macrumors 6502
Nov 1, 2019
Linz, Austria
I’m wondering whether the AOD will show the lockscreen or album cover art when music is being played and the full screen album art is enabled. I‘m also curious what Apple plans to do with the lockscreen widgets when AOD is on, will they be shown when the screen is in the sleep state?

Reactions: ivantheipodder
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.