Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Beautyspin

macrumors 65816
Dec 14, 2012
As a practical matter, it barely matters what color the phone is at this point, since probably 90%+ of users cover the whole back up with a case.

I actually find the natural titanium a pretty nice color, but this is all super subjective stuff. For every complaint about muted colors, there another person going bananas because iMacs are too colorful and they want them to be black or something. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I order my case as soon as I order my phone and put it in a case as soon as the phone comes. So, I see the color of the phone once at the time of unboxing and once in a while to clean it. So, does not exactly matter.

DroidBro

macrumors member
Nov 20, 2020
Please , no more boring (dull/faded/drab) colors.

Why can’t we have bold, bright and vibrant colors like the iMacs? Or like the old iPod nano’s like someone else posted? These iPhone colors are borderline depressing.

dannyyankou

macrumors G5
Mar 2, 2012
Westchester, NY
Glad I got the iPhone 15 Pro in Natural Titanium. It's basically space gray, which is my preference. Disappointing Apple is dropping it, but I'll use this phone for another 2-3 years probably.

VisceralRealist

macrumors 6502
Sep 4, 2023
Long Beach, California
A lot of people on here complain about the colors each year and yet, many people on here hide their phone in a case. I find that odd behavior.

Yeah, I care much less about colors since I started using a case. I used to be a "no case" guy until I discovered that a case isn't just about protecting it from being dropped, but also prevents it from slipping out of my pocket and makes the phone easier to use on a flat surface, nullifying some of the destabilizing effects of the camera bump. I don't think I'll ever go back to a caseless phone. Ergo, the color I choose doesn't matter much.

Reactions: gusmula

John_Blackthorne

macrumors member
May 4, 2024
Chiraq
Not a huge fan of the pastels. If you don't want a "pro" phone, you can have black or pastel. Yuck.

I know, I know--cases, skins, etc., etc., but I like what I like--it ain't pastels, Tim.

• Love
Reactions: xbjllb

Surf Monkey

macrumors 603
Oct 3, 2010
Portland, OR
Another year, another lineup of boring, uninspiring, desaturated Apple colors.

Hey, Apple: not everything has to be the same color as an Oxford dress shirt.

• Love
Reactions: xbjllb

Davalaus

macrumors newbie
Mar 7, 2011
South Korea
The’re great colors but more saturation pleeese. Also it makes me so upset the pro phones can’t come in nice colors as well.

Piggie

macrumors G3
Feb 23, 2010
I would love it, if once. Just once in their life. Apple released a set of higher end smartphones, with BOLD STRONG colours. Not the typical, bland, slight tint of a colour.

Would be so nice so have something with a real character to the colour for once.
And who knows..... Customers might actually like a nice colour for a change.

christlinah

macrumors regular
Jun 18, 2022
Austria
Back to glossy? You've got to be kidding me.

Going for brushed was the best design choice in years. It just looks so much nicer and more elegant.

Reactions: saberfi

Evangelion

macrumors 68040
Jan 10, 2005
"Blue, pink, yellow, green, purple, white.... blue, pink, yellow, green, purple, white... Are you getting it? These are not separate colors! These are one colour!"

Yeah, could we have a bit more vivid colors this time around?

svish

macrumors G3
Nov 25, 2017
Hopefully the colours are brighter this year for the non Pro models.

macduke

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
As of writing this, we are still around five months away from Apple announcing the iPhone 16 series

The event is typically in early September, so we’re actually four months away. Not long!

No more dull/muted/faded-looking iPhone 15 and 15 Plus colors, please. Thanks

Unfortunately I believe this is a design trend right now. My wife and I were recently couch shopping and everything is extremely muted and faded and dull. We bought the least offensive thing we could find: a light gray leather couch and we’re going to dress it up with some colorful pillows and a throw. At least it’s ridiculously comfy and has a minimal design.

Reactions: gusmula

shadowboi

macrumors regular
Feb 16, 2024
Unknown
Well, looks like it will be final design. And I mean, it is ugly. Looks almost like one of those old Xiaomi phones from 2019. Apple done this specifically to bolster Pro model sales and to make anyone who buys basic model look like a poor. Looks like they gave me no choice either, will have to buy Pro as well because honestly, better no iPhone than THIS

Guacamole

macrumors 6502a
Jun 21, 2011
I doubt they will remove the blue. They'll come up with another boring shade of blue.. it doesn't matter to me, I'm not getting a 16 anyway

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.