Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shinkansenwarrior

macrumors regular
Sep 29, 2015
Tokyo
Can't they make a pride version like the Apple Watch? OK maybe going too far..... Apple is losing it with the colours...they seem to be fading away .... Purple should be much punchier ... the Sierra Blue of IPhone Pro 13 kinda grew on me after a while....seemed to have some silvery grey mixed into the blue to give it a pleasant tone. Who is making decisions with these pastel poopy colours at Apple anyway?

Reactions: _karrol

_karrol

macrumors regular
Oct 27, 2017
Wien, Österreich
These pastel shades on the regular models are just so dull and make the phones look like toys... Missing the deeper tones which were standard on 12-14 models (the green on the 13 oh my God 🥲)

Reactions: Surf Monkey

smoking monkey

macrumors 68020
Mar 5, 2008
I HUNGER
I reckon I'm gonna nab a champagne gold or whatever it's to be called for the Pro models. I'm tired of having to buy new soft clear cases because they tint yellow after several months and look just awful. This would solve that problem.

richard13

macrumors 6502a
Aug 1, 2008
Odessa, FL
I personally like the pastels and wish they were available on the Pro model. Not to take anything existing away, just to add some fun.

Joshuaorange

macrumors member
Nov 22, 2023
I'm secretly hoping they release the Pro Model in Red finish. If they can do blue titanium, I'm positive they can do it in red.
Product Red.
I’m not aware of a red PVD coating that exists. We do PVD coating at work. That’s not to say Apple doesn’t have the budget to will it into existence.

• Disagree

oldtime

macrumors 6502
Nov 27, 2007
What happened to colors like this?

View attachment 2375259

They began to look dated so were phased out, as the current group will be when they get long in the tooth. You're basically a dude in 2017 side-eying painted on jeans pining for roomier pants. Well look where we are know. Kids unironically wearing JNCOs. Give it time and they will make a come back, as all things do.

....Just not in the Pro line.

Surf Monkey

macrumors 603
Oct 3, 2010
Portland, OR
I would love it, if once. Just once in their life. Apple released a set of higher end smartphones, with BOLD STRONG colours. Not the typical, bland, slight tint of a colour.

Would be so nice so have something with a real character to the colour for once.
And who knows..... Customers might actually like a nice colour for a change.

Remember the original iMac colors?

It seems like Tim Cook specifically does not like bold colors at all.

Surf Monkey

macrumors 603
Oct 3, 2010
Portland, OR
They began to look dated so were phased out, as the current group will be when they get long in the tooth. You're basically a dude in 2017 side-eying painted on jeans pining for roomier pants. Well look where we are know. Kids unironically wearing JNCOs. Give it time and they will make a come back, as all things do.

....Just not in the Pro line.

No, that isn’t the issue. The current color schemes for iPhones are FAR more dated looking than the colorful iPods of old. Typically color choices like this are intended to age out and be replaced with a different selection. But Apple isn’t doing anything like that now. Instead they’re iterating variations on the same selection of boring, desaturated hues.

Handling color in a professional way is tricky but it isn’t impossible. The fact that something has saturated colors does not in and of itself suggest that it’s for kids.

• Love
Reactions: xbjllb

oldtime

macrumors 6502
Nov 27, 2007
No, that isn’t the issue. The current color schemes for iPhones are FAR more dated looking than the colorful iPods of old. Typically color choices like this are intended to age out and be replaced with a different selection. But Apple isn’t doing anything like that now. Instead they’re iterating variations on the same selection of boring, desaturated hues.

Handling color in a professional way is tricky but it isn’t impossible. The fact that something has saturated colors does not in and of itself suggest that it’s for kids.
Nope.

Muted Pastels are getting long in the tooth but are certainly not dated. Glossy brights are an extremely dated look, especially in tech.

• Haha
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.