Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macduke

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
My thumbs already hurt looking at that photo. Pretty sure I’m going back to the regular Pro anyway. It’s cheaper and more pocketable, and with a slight size increase, will be a much better option for me than the old one.

Reactions: macvicta

Bigg Macc

macrumors member
Jan 8, 2018
Most MacRumors commenters may not like this, I don't like this but most people definitely like this because Pro Max is the most selling model out of latest iPhones. Most people do want big phones. That's a fact. It may be strange for me and for other commenters, but sales numbers don't lie.

View attachment 2378887
There is another way to look at it:

iPhone 15 Pro Max and 15 Plus (larger size)
vs
iPhone 15, 15 Pro and 14 (regular size)

then one can argue the regular size phones put together sell better than plus size phones

Reactions: sleeptodream

Portavoz

macrumors member
Sep 7, 2022
This is the year I stop buying Max size and go with the regular Pro. The Max is already at the upper limits of size in hand and weight. With the regular Pro size increasing I'll happily go from 6.7" to 6.3" screen to avoid a bigger, heavier phone. I know some years there the Max has slightly better camera specs but for me the quality of the camera is already good enough for my causal shots.

Reactions: macvicta

pvd2ath

macrumors newbie
Nov 9, 2021

This year's upcoming iPhone 16 Pro Max is expected to get a boost in overall size from 6.7-inches to 6.9-inches, and a new image gives us a good idea of how the current iPhone 15 Pro Max compares to what could be Apple's largest ever iPhone.

iphone-15-pro-max-vs-iphone-16-pro-max.jpg

The image above, posted on X by ZONEofTECH, shows a dummy model representing the ‌iPhone 16 Pro‌ Max alongside an actual iPhone 15 Pro Max. Dummy units are designed to take the place of real devices for display or testing purposes, and therefore seek to match the dimensions and design changes of yet-to-be-released iPhones.

With the increase in size of Apple's larger premium model rumored to be in the region of 0.2 inches, the difference is visually noticeable, but whether it will be all that significant for users in real-world use is another question.

The smaller ‌iPhone 16 Pro‌ is expected to increase from 6.1- to 6.3-inches, and with both iPhone 16 Pro models expected to be larger, they are also expected to be taller and wider than the iPhone 15 Pro models. While thickness will remain the same, the weight is likely to increase slightly due to the larger size.

Note that Apple is also rumored to be using Border Reduction Structure (BRS) technology for the iPhone 16 Pro models, which is expected to result in slimmer bezel sizes, subsequently allowing for more display space within the confines of those dimensions.

In addition, the iPhone 16 Pro's display could be up to 20% brighter for typical SDR content, featuring up to 1,200 nits of typical SDR brightness. Taken together, those changes could add up to a substantially improved screen viewing experience.

Meanwhile, the ‌iPhone 16‌ and ‌iPhone 16‌ Plus are expected to stay at 6.1- and 6.7-inches like their predecessors. If Apple sticks to its typical annual iPhone launch timing, the iPhone 16 lineup will be released sometime around mid-September.

Article Link: iPhone 16 Pro Max Looks This Much Bigger Beside iPhone 15 Pro Max
FFS! When are people going to start demanding less importance on the size of the newest iPhone, colors, and storage and START demanding that Apple get back to innovating?

RickDEGH

macrumors 6502a
Sep 15, 2018
Frankfurt, Deutschland 🇩🇪
Coming from 3 different Mini iPhones (I swore by the Minis). Then I got the 15 PM in November last year. Somehow the phone looks smaller to me after using for this long. Now when I see others holding a PM iPhone I get the illusion that mine is smaller 😂😂

mike2q

macrumors regular
Mar 9, 2006
Bigger is great but what we really want to know is how thin will it be? I'm sure I speak for everyone here when I say I'd gladly sacrifice hours of battery life for a slightly thinner phone.

redbeard331

macrumors 68030
Jul 21, 2009
We’re tired. Imagine being an iPhone designer at Apple and making well over $200K for this…must be nice.

View attachment 2378891

Yea it’s so lazy, how many years is the back of the phone going to look exactly the same?

I’ve always liked the older one plus design the best, and the bump is symmetrical so the phone doesn’t rock when laid down as so many people have complained about with the iPhone. IMG_1432.jpeg

robertmorris2

macrumors regular
Mar 15, 2006
Key West
Need bigger pockets... i see some people complaining about the design of the iPhone...it's not unlike other phones on the market that I know of except the folding phones which I'm not convinced of their durability. It's a practical shape. I haven't seen any other manufacturer produce another design that varies greatly from what is offered now. What design change do people want?? I mean what significant design change, not just rearranging buttons and cameras?

TroyBoy30

macrumors 68030
Jun 9, 2009
Atlanta GA
I’m a huge iPhone fan but how long do they expect to milk the same old design? Wouldn’t it be nice if they came up with some actual innovation once in a while?

how would you suggest they innovate the shape of a phone? would you like a cube or something?

dguisinger

macrumors 65816
Jul 25, 2002
I can’t with these big phones. I went from a 14 Pro to a 15 Pro Max just to get the 5x telephoto. No matter what cameras are on the next-gen, I’m dropping back down to the 16 Pro.

The 15 Pro Max is just so unwieldy, especially one-handed. I have to keep shifting it to reach all over the screen.

And the sad thing is, I don’t even really use the telephoto lens that much after all, so I went with the Max for nothing 🤦‍♂️🤣
I am routinely more and more disappointed by the cameras on iPhones....

My (12 max?) had constant issues with excessive lens flares.
My 15 Max hates focusing on anything close up, I take pictures of my odometer a lot and have to scan a lot of barcodes... its very slow at focusing, if it even ever does.

And the over reliance on software and photo stacking, when i just want a quick photo of something and it decides it wants a 3 second exposure...I turn it off whenever I can remember, I wish i could just force it off by default.

As far as I'm concerned, iPhones are a joke for a reliable camera.

Love-hate 🍏 relationship

macrumors 68040
Sep 19, 2021
I’m stuck to get 16 Pro Max when it is released, no matter how big it might end up being. But to me 16 Pro Max isn’t that overwhelmingly bigger than 15 Pro Max imo.
i'd say, if the max isnt too big for you already, the 6.9 won't be much of an issue .

if however you already have issues and pinky pain and trouble with ergonomics..be it pro or max, it's gonna suck nay become impossible to use

ZeroInspo

macrumors newbie
Oct 7, 2022
I don't really understand people who want a design change. Are you really asking for a change just for changes sake? That seems counterproductive for a device that is pretty much solved.

Its a glass brick and there's a limit to how many configurations a glass brick can have. It's like """""innovating""" the design for a fridge, the best they have managed is make the doors screens that light up. On the other hand they have become more energy efficient, that's real innovation in materials and engineering.

My point is that the ergonomics of the phone cannot be improved at this point, so the innovation happens inside with the chips and the software.

randomnut

macrumors regular
Aug 17, 2011
The existing one is already too big. I’d probably opt to go for the smaller one next time if the size really did increase

Chidoro

macrumors regular
Dec 29, 2016
We’re never getting a redesign, huh? Lol. We’re stuck with the same stove top camera layout for 10 more years.
What would you suggest?
‘They keep putting wheels on all for corners of a car’

antonrg

macrumors 6502
Feb 22, 2019
Paris
Reading this thread off my mini, without any issues with my hands and wrists and realize that my mini is gonna have to hold on for another year. Will see what they come up with for 17 series. I could probably, even though I don’t want to, live with a thinner 17 at 6.1 inches, as long as it is thinner than the current series and with rounded curved edges, so it’s easier to use it. But I still hope they do come out with something smaller.
There are people who don’t like and don’t want a big phone. Apple knows it, and I think they will give a smaller phone every 4-5 years.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.