Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

What size and configuration will you order

• iPhone 7 32 g

Votes: 90 3.2%
  • iPhone 7 128 g

Votes: 396 14.2%
  • iPhone 7 256 g

Votes: 82 2.9%
  • iPhone 7 Plus 32 g

Votes: 160 5.7%
  • iPhone 7 Plus 128 g

Votes: 1,427 51.3%
  • iPhone 7 Plus 256 g

Votes: 702 25.2%

• Total voters

RyCan3

macrumors 6502a
Jun 13, 2010
I wonder if we can apply online for upgrade program. Looking online right now and it says we will have to make a reservation.

Reactions: dreamwife

odishaw

macrumors newbie
Oct 12, 2011
Victoria BC
ooooh really looking forward to the new 7+, upgrade from my 6+.

just to clarify, haven't done pre orders for a couple years, but it will be tomorrow at midnight? correct?

ScubaCinci

macrumors 68000
Jul 11, 2008
OH
Black makes it hard to find in low light or for women, in the purse. I suppose a bright case counters this but then what's the point of getting black? I'll probably just do silver since it will likely have lower demand and I won't have as much of a chance getting backordered.

Newbie67

macrumors regular
Apr 9, 2015
I did not think about this...

From the Apple site- "The high-gloss finish of the Jet Black iPhone 7 is achieved through a precision nine-step anodization and polishing process. Its surface is equally as hard as other anodized Apple products; however, its high shine may show fine micro-abrasions with use. If you are concerned about this, we suggest you use one of the many cases available to protect your iPhone."

noobinator

macrumors 604
Jun 19, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
From the Apple site- "The high-gloss finish of the Jet Black iPhone 7 is achieved through a precision nine-step anodization and polishing process. Its surface is equally as hard as other anodized Apple products; however, its high shine may show fine micro-abrasions with use. If you are concerned about this, we suggest you use one of the many cases available to protect your iPhone."

Do you have the link to this? I'm shocked Apple would put this in there.

bizzy045

macrumors 6502
Oct 5, 2011

Well that's a bummer. Will go for regular black then. Use a case anyways so the back color makes very little difference.

The Lions Den

macrumors regular
Sep 7, 2016
Since the sim-free version won't be available for a couple more weeks, does anyone know if the T-mobile version on apple.com comes fully unlocked.

I currently on T-mobile prepaid but having the option to switch to any carrier is always a plus for me.

idealcheese

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2014
I wonder if we can apply online for upgrade program. Looking online right now and it says we will have to make a reservation.

Same question here. Want to pre-order using the upgrade program but wondering how to do it. Where did you see the info about making a reservation?

Switchback666

macrumors 68000
Nov 16, 2012
SXM
Since the sim-free version won't be available for a couple more weeks, does anyone know if the T-mobile version on apple.com comes fully unlocked.

I currently on T-mobile prepaid but having the option to switch to any carrier is always a plus for me.

I was checking the prices and selected verizon, 1 time payment and the details said "unlocked".

I assume any iphone you pay in full it's unlocked.

Reactions: Coreless apples

Duffinator

macrumors 6502
Sep 3, 2007
130 miles NE of Cupertino
Under FAQ on the iPhone 7 page. I am on the phone with apple right now. Will keep you posted as soon as I have an answer.
I'm in the same boat and I'm going to switch over to the upgrade program for four phones. I'm about 4 miles from an Apple store so depending on what you find out I may go visit it on Friday.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.