Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Abs_p

macrumors 6502a
Jul 15, 2011
I will get an Anker or techarmor edge to edge product as soon as it's out. I have never ever had a bad experience with their customer service and they don't cost too much either.

Reactions: frozencarbonite

Acevesx

macrumors regular
Jan 15, 2008
I'm looking for one that completely covers the screen, even the curved part. any recommendations?

tgwaste

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2013
I'm looking for one that completely covers the screen, even the curved part. any recommendations?

I just want one that covers the viewable area of the screen and doesnt leave slivers on each side :(

Boardiesboi

macrumors 601
Sep 3, 2013
Sydney Australia
Would appreciate it if any of you know if/when Godosmith will release the Icemax 3D for the 7+?

Have one for the 6s+ for more than 10 months and I'm loving the protection it gives!

rKunda

macrumors 68000
Jul 14, 2008
I ordered two from Anker. Had great experience with their customer service to happy to give them my money.

I actually didn't use a screen protector since maybe the 3GS. I have no idea why I got one now as I've had no issues... curse this message board. ;)

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Original poster
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
Look for protectors that are described as edge to edge (E2E).
[doublepost=1473725491][/doublepost]
Would appreciate it if any of you know if/when Godosmith will release the Icemax 3D for the 7+?

Have one for the 6s+ for more than 10 months and I'm loving the protection it gives!
Already been addressed - https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/iphone-7-7-glass-screen-protectors.1994725/#post-23401519

cwosigns

macrumors 68020
Jul 8, 2008
Columbus,OH
I'd like this subforum to have a go to place for discussion regarding glass screen protectors either for the iPhone 7 or 7 plus. This can be for standard variety or edge to edge (E2E).

The consensus right now is that while 6 variant protectors will fit in regards to dimensions, the 7's sensors and earpiece cut out might prevent recycling of 6 variant glass.

Has anyone found glass screen protectors for the 7 yet? Which manufacturers? Anyone taking preorders?[doublepost=1473683691][/doublepost]
  • Zagg has theirs up for $20, $40, & $50 all with lifetime warranty. Not E2E though. Actually, they may be the most expensive non E2E that I've seen. Zagg iPhone 7 Screen Protection
  • Sparin has an E2E product on Amazon for $10. In the product Q&A they specifically mention different cutouts for the iPhone 7. Sparin iPhone 7 Screen Protector
  • D&P has an E2E product out, but this is another company I've never heard of before. Also, a huge number of their Amazon reviews look faked/bought. Anyway, claims to be 3D edge and costs $17 (not unreasonable). D&P iPhone 7 3D Curve Fit
  • AmFim also has their protector up on Amazon. They're reputable and quite economical at $4 each. A reputable outfit. AmFilm 2-Pack on Amazon
  • Max boost also has lots of good reviews and claims to be the world's thinnest. Again, $4 each. MaxBoost 2-pack on Amazon
I'm crossing out the above models, as it appears as if they're merely adapting branding from the 6S models to the 7 and not changing the actual product.

Forum search: glass screen protectors
Result: https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/ip7-screen-protector.1994445/#post-23390319

Reactions: willmtaylor

Poob Bubes

macrumors 6502a
Apr 16, 2007
Here is the reply I got when I asked the seller if the cutouts have been updated:

e3080a4feffca162fbbc9ea9de6eca3d.jpg

vomhorizon

macrumors 6502a
Sep 24, 2013
Spigen had earlier replied to my message in amazon stating that their screen protectors had the proper 7 plus cutouts and weren't just rebranded iPhone 6/6s plus glass protectors. Today I got the following email from them -

---
It has been brought to our attention, some of our glass protector packages sent to us from the manufacturers contained iPhone 7 glass protectors instead of iPhone 7 PLUS glass protectors.
In order to avoid any confusion and to make sure you receive the best service and the correct protector, please reply with the following information as soon as possible if you think you received the incorrect protector:
1. Order number
2. Side by side, birds eye view of the full protector next to the packaging it came in.
Once we get the photo and are able to verify the incorrect protector, we will get the correct one out to you right away. (If you have already received support regarding this issue, you may ignore this email.)

----

Just ordered the ANKER 7 Plus Glass SP after hearing good reviews here. Spigen one is going to go back regardless now. Hopefully Anker has proper 7 plus cutouts.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01JRKOBQ...de_a_smtd&showDetailTechData=1#technical-data

Last edited:

Kisey

macrumors 6502a
Jul 9, 2010
Placed an order for the Icemax at Aliexpress. I figure at $8.99, I don't have much to lose. Crossing my fingers that I'll receive it before it's available on Amazon prime.

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Original poster
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
Placed an order for the Icemax at Aliexpress. I figure at $8.99, I don't have much to lose. Crossing my fingers that I'll receive it before it's available on Amazon prime.
Yup. That shipping time is awful. Great price though.

Wonder if price will be the same on Amazon?

6thDAY

macrumors 6502a
Apr 14, 2010
I'm waiting on the Kyasi 3D Curved Glass Protector. According to them, it will be available on the 28th to order on their website.

I currently have it on my 6s Plus and after some usage, I dont see visible scratches. I previously had the Cinder as well as iMos 3D and both of them scratched easily.

I've been looking at these 2 curved glass protectors:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01KXCZL4Y/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=APZ2K7SRRCP0N
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01H8S15D2/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A11YGGG07MT6QE

I'm hesitant to buy because I'm not sure if they are "true" curved. I know a lot of companies advertise theirs as 3D Curved, when it actuality, it stops short near the edge.

darrinS

macrumors 65816
Oct 21, 2011
So Cal
I'm waiting on the Kyasi 3D Curved Glass Protector. According to them, it will be available on the 28th to order on their website.

I currently have it on my 6s Plus and after some usage, I dont see visible scratches. I previously had the Cinder as well as iMos 3D and both of them scratched easily.

I've been looking at these 2 curved glass protectors:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01KXCZL4Y/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=APZ2K7SRRCP0N
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01H8S15D2/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A11YGGG07MT6QE

I'm hesitant to buy because I'm not sure if they are "true" curved. I know a lot of companies advertise theirs as 3D Curved, when it actuality, it stops short near the edge.

I wouldn't recommend the first one you linked to, since it says 7+ and 6+ compatible. I do like the 2nd option. Wish the black version was available on Prime.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.