Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bmdub

macrumors regular
Sep 17, 2012
Knoxville, TN
They are not edge to edge ("case friendly" and I've had no issues). 3D Touch works flawlessly with their products. Get their glass versions and it feels like it's not even there (compared to their old "Original" style that felt like rubber).

I have Zagg Glass on my 6 Plus (Tech21 case) and my iPad Air 2 (Lifeproof Nuud case)and love them both! Their customer service really is the best! When requesting a replacement, if there has been an updated product come out, they give you the option of paying the difference of the two and upgrading. I will be getting the new sapphire glass when it is available for my unicorn device...7 Plus 256 JB.

Bearxor

macrumors 6502a
Jun 7, 2007
There not compatible. The speaker is larger. See for yourself here.
I am definitely not going to concern myself with a couple of mm being covered up by a screen protector.

Since I use privacy screen protectors, I'm ordering the 6S/6S+ versions now and will switch them out whenever I can buy a privacy screen protector specifically made for a 7 later.

Reactions: Jigga

IPPlanMan

macrumors 6502
Dec 25, 2009
I had one for my iPhone 6. Do a search on the board about these. My experience was they scratch VERY easy, the oleophobic coating only lasted a few months, edges are not rounded. If they've improved those problems then it would be a nice sp.

That's good to know. I'll keep it in mind.
[doublepost=1474035971][/doublepost]I ordered BodyGuardz Fully Body Skins for our iPhone 7's:

http://www.bodyguardz.com/apple-iphone-7-clear-skins-full-body-protector.html

I don't like using cases, and the full body film works very well. You actually get to see, hold and feel the device as intended/designed.

Register for free for the "Advantage Club" and you get 20% off plus Free Replacements ($5.95 shipping) as needed.

There are also a number of 10-15% off coupon codes floating around out there as well. Google and you'll find them.

If you still want to use a case, you can simply order the regular front screen protector (Screenguardz or Pure 2) instead.

jhearty99

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2012
Long Island, NY
I went and picked up my 7 this morning and Apple had the Belkin glass so I had them install it. Perfect install. I also had the Tech Armor glass from Amazon just in case Apple didnt have the Belkin and when I place it over the installed Belkin glass, it is definitely bigger on all sides so I would assume there would be a halo effect if I used the Tech Armor. See below.

Attachments

• IMG_2166.jpg
    IMG_2166.jpg
    1,011.7 KB · Views: 712
  • IMG_2162(1).jpg
    IMG_2162(1).jpg
    719.2 KB · Views: 743
  • IMG_2163.jpg
    IMG_2163.jpg
    702.3 KB · Views: 676
  • IMG_2164.jpg
    IMG_2164.jpg
    749.1 KB · Views: 707

Faticha305

macrumors member
Sep 9, 2010
I went and picked up my 7 this morning and Apple had the Belkin glass so I had them install it. Perfect install. I also had the Tech Armor glass from Amazon just in case Apple didnt have the Belkin and when I place it over the installed Belkin glass, it is definitely bigger on all sides so I would assume there would be a halo effect if I used the Tech Armor. See below.
How much did it cost to get it at the Apple store? Do you have to pay more for the install?
It looks great!

jhearty99

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2012
Long Island, NY
How much did it cost to get it at the Apple store? Do you have to pay more for the install?
It looks great!

I believe they have 2 types of Belkin glass, one for around $30 and one for around $40. The install does not cost extra and they have a device that is used to aid in the install to make sure everything is lined up perfectly. It is obviously a bit more pricey, but for a perfect install and to protect an $800 phone, its worth it to me.

jlaw

macrumors member
Aug 15, 2007
I had them install the Belkin glass as well. The machine is pretty cool, and the protector seems perfectly centered. The only issue is that it does not fully cover the lit area of the screen. There is a little gap on each side of viewable screen. Is this normal? It's noticeable and annoying when using the phone, as the edges of the protector catch the light and reflect it slightly.

Attachments

• IMG_1358.JPG
    IMG_1358.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 555

jhearty99

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2012
Long Island, NY
I had them install the Belkin glass as well. The machine is pretty cool, and the protector seems perfectly centered. The only issue is that it does not fully cover the lit area of the screen. There is a little gap on each side of viewable screen. Is this normal? It's noticeable and annoying when using the phone, as the edges of the protector catch the light and reflect it slightly.

I actually havent turned my 7 on yet because I dont want to deactivate my 6S until I get home from work. I have the same Belkin on my 6S and it seems to end right at the edge of the light. I have the black phone so I also dont notice that black bezel around the screen like it is on the white phone.

jlaw

macrumors member
Aug 15, 2007
I actually havent turned my 7 on yet because I dont want to deactivate my 6S until I get home from work. I have the same Belkin on my 6S and it seems to end right at the edge of the light. I have the black phone so I also dont notice that black bezel around the screen like it is on the white phone.
Gotcha. Please let me know what it looks like when you turn it on. Regardless of bezel color you'll notice if the protector doesn't fully cover the lit / usable area of the screen.

rstark18

macrumors 65816
Sep 18, 2009
Are the edges not rounded like in the 6?

Bathplug

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2010
So can anyone confirm any from amazon that are made for the iphone 7? I'm pretty sure they'e all just for the 6/6s which has a smaller earpiece.

vomhorizon

macrumors 6502a
Sep 24, 2013
So can anyone confirm any from amazon that are made for the iphone 7? I'm pretty sure they'e all just for the 6/6s which has a smaller earpiece.
Yes. I've received confirmation from Spigen, and Anker that their SP's are made specifically for the 7 and 7 plus and are not repackaged ones from the previous phones.

cybertek

macrumors regular
Aug 9, 2011
The Belkin one from the Apple store looks good!

Happy to hear they have them in the stores.

Last edited:

titans1127

macrumors 65816
Mar 10, 2009
Installed the Bodyguardz Pure 2 a few minutes ago and pretty much got it 99% perfectly aligned. Just the top is a little over to the left. The sides go past the end of the display which helps with that but the top right side is lined up at the edge of the display. When you angle the display the right way with the display on the causes some rainbowing on the edge. Not sure if thats gonna drive my OCD nuts at all but I'm willing to give it a shot and use the return period if I don't like it.

jhearty99

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2012
Long Island, NY
Lol no the edges of the screen protector. When I got this for my 6 the edges where not rounded at all and felt somewhat sharp compared to other screen protectors

Hahaha yea that makes more sense. The edges are rounded and very smooth compared to the one on my 6S. Was actually the first thing I noticed.

RichardC300

macrumors 65816
Sep 27, 2012
My iPhone 6 glass screen protectors fit. The speaker hole is only BARELY big enough to fit, but everything fits.

Reactions: Jigga
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.