Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gsingham

macrumors 6502
Oct 20, 2013
Has there been an update on the belkin glass that the apple stores have? The ones they have now have a gap on the side. Wondering if belkin will address this and release a new one in the next 14 days so I can get a refund from the apple store and get it re-done.

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Original poster
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)

TiaSco08

macrumors member
Sep 10, 2016
Yes, I would like to know people's opinions on the Zagg. Lifetime warranty sure sounds nice!
I had the Zagg tempered glass screen protector on my 6. I liked the way it looked, but it kept cracking...in the same spot. I was very careful with my phone and didn't do anything to cause the crack. It does come with a lifetime warranty, but I got sick of paying shipping on replacements. Ugh!
[doublepost=1474159028][/doublepost]
Has anyone verified if the 6/6S glass is compatible with the 7?
I'm not sure, but it may not. Just looking at my 6 and 7 side-by-side, it looks like the speaker on the top is wider on the 7. The Zagg screen protector that I have on my 6 has a cutout for that speaker and it is just wide enough for the speaker on the 6:-/

Lyons00

macrumors 6502a
Dec 9, 2010
Bay Area, California
As I mentioned already, I purchased this 3D glass protector off ebay. http://www.ebay.com/itm/302071080181?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&var=600875044086&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

I'm glad I did so at least I have protection from day one. I babied my 6S and under LED lights I see a lot of scratches.

The protector seems to be 2 different materials. The painted part seems to be plastic and the clear glass. I'm not sure but I think so. You can feel a ridge where the two pieces are. It was easy to install. Under normal lights I can't tell its on there but under good lighting, I can see where its slightly lifted where the battery indicator is and where the signal dots are. I will look for something better.

Can anyone with experience with these 3d protectors tell me, are they usually one smooth solid piece of glass, or is there supposed to be a marked ridge between the clear and the black?

I also bought this and your right feels like two different pieces. Mine has a yellow tint to it, I din't even put it on.

michael31986

macrumors 601
Jul 11, 2008
So what's the best iPhone 7 plua glad
Protector that isn't edge to edge. The edge to edge won't for in my case

Also anyone know a glossy back protector not with liquid?

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Original poster
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
So what's the best iPhone 7 plua glad
Protector that isn't edge to edge. The edge to edge won't for in my case
Pardon?

Also anyone know a glossy back protector not with liquid?
Different topic. Several other threads discussing this though. They might have more insight.

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/any-back-screen-protectors-yet.1995530/

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/tempered-glass-for-back-of-iphone.1997368/

darrinS

macrumors 65816
Oct 21, 2011
So Cal
That looks cheap in every sense of the word. Love grammar mistakes innproduct descriptions.

To answer your question, no. It's not normal.

Yeah, big DONT BUY on this one. The black part is not glass and has no glue. The clear part is glass (I know because it shattered when I lifted it off.) The glass also had a slight blue hue to it. Trash.

Reactions: willmtaylor

ZipZap

macrumors 603
Dec 14, 2007
I contacted Godosmith on eBay and asked whether or not their 6/s protectors will fit the 7 and they said "I am sorry it can not fit iPhone 7. we will launch iPhone 7 glass within 2 weeks."

its not that it does not fit. It blocks sensors.

Reactions: willmtaylor

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Original poster
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
The Anker one looks really great - does anyone have any first hand experience with it on an iPhone 7 Plus?
Spigen, while a great case manufacturer for many years, got a lot of flak and bad reviews for last year's screen protectors. I'm not discouraging you, as I don't have firsthand experience, but make sure you do your homework.

sammy2066

macrumors 6502a
Oct 3, 2007
Spigen, while a great case manufacturer for many years, got a lot of flak and bad reviews for last year's screen protectors. I'm not discouraging you, as I don't have firsthand experience, but make sure you do your homework.

Last time I used Spigen was on my new iPhone 6, almost two years ago - distinctly remember being unhappy about the fit and coverage, so I returned it - but what about the Anker?

ramit

macrumors member
Apr 10, 2015
The spigen ones are too small and don't even cover all the screen. I have one for Iphone 7 and one for Iphone 7 plus and both are being returned....

Need one that actually fits!

darrinS

macrumors 65816
Oct 21, 2011
So Cal
Does any company make the 3D type, e2e, in all clear glass? I don't understand why they paint the borders. All clear glass would be my choice.

comptr

macrumors 68000
Oct 25, 2007
Arizona
So I got the Zagg Glass Screen Protectors for my 7 Plus and my parents 7 & 7 Plus. The Zagg Glass Screen Protector fits perfectly on the 7 but its important to note that the these screen protectors are case friendly so they do leave a small space on all sides of the phone. Its similar to their iPhone 6/6+/6s/6s+ Glass screen protectors.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.