Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

michael31986

macrumors 601
Jul 11, 2008
What glass protectors are available now for shipping for iphone 7 plus? maybe amazon prime so i can get it before my phone gets here.

I like the ones that don't have the rounded edge. it just needs to lay on the flat part of the phone.

sorry if this has been answered. I feel not all have been tested on the iphone 7 plus, cause of the new speaker hole.

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Original poster
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
What glass protectors are available now for shipping for iphone 7 plus? maybe amazon prime so i can get it before my phone gets here.

I like the ones that don't have the rounded edge. it just needs to lay on the flat part of the phone.

sorry if this has been answered. I feel not all have been tested on the iphone 7 plus, cause of the new speaker hole.
There are 7 pages of posts discussing this.

Reactions: kpeex

darrinS

macrumors 65816
Oct 21, 2011
So Cal
Yes but no pictures showing if they fully cover them correctly

im going between anker and spigen glass.
My advice would be to go to your local Apple Store and have them install a Belkin invisiglass protector. The machine they use is so cool. Other than that, Zagg has quality products. IMHO, stay away from eBay or no name brands on amazon. I wasted money and finally went to the Apple Store.

michael31986

macrumors 601
Jul 11, 2008
My advice would be to go to your local Apple Store and have them install a Belkin invisiglass protector. The machine they use is so cool. Other than that, Zagg has quality products. IMHO, stay away from eBay or no name brands on amazon. I wasted money and finally went to the Apple Store.
im looking at anker and spigen. either one of those. I think the belkin one you are talking about is put on with liquid. not a huge fan of those. they have always turned yellow.

comptr

macrumors 68000
Oct 25, 2007
Arizona
im looking at anker and spigen. either one of those. I think the belkin one you are talking about is put on with liquid. not a huge fan of those. they have always turned yellow.
Why not look at the Zagg Screen Shields they have Glass ones for my last 3 phones I always got Zagg Screen shields.

michael31986

macrumors 601
Jul 11, 2008
Why not look at the Zagg Screen Shields they have Glass ones for my last 3 phones I always got Zagg Screen shields.
its almost 30 dollars. anker and spigen are 12.
[doublepost=1474240640][/doublepost]
Here are the two (Spigen and Anker). Hopefully someone here can eyeball the speaker cutouts. The one with the cutout for the front camera is the Anker.

IMG_20160916_194440.jpg

IMG_20160916_194548.jpg

IMG_20160916_194659.jpg
Anker looks good. did you actually put it on your phone?

vomhorizon

macrumors 6502a
Sep 24, 2013
Does the anker have rounded edges?
Meaning are the edges rounded so it doesn't feel sharp.

Both of them feel the same, so since the Spigen is rounded I assume the anker is as well. I'm sending it back mainly because I like having another one handy if i need to replace it after a few months of usage.

Lobwedgephil

Contributor
Apr 7, 2012

The Belkin one Apple installs doesn't cover the entire screen. They need to fix that.

vomhorizon

macrumors 6502a
Sep 24, 2013
its almost 30 dollars. anker and spigen are 12.
[doublepost=1474240640][/doublepost]
Anker looks good. did you actually put it on your phone?

Haven't received my phone yet :(. The cutouts are exactly the same size on the Spigen and Anker with the latter having an extra one for the camera.

natwister2003

macrumors regular
Nov 27, 2010
Anyone have any recommendations? I'm going to get an OtterBox Commuter for my 7+. I want to get an E2E with the black borders. The Spigen looks okay but I probably won't receive it until Friday...

npolly0212

macrumors 65816
Sep 21, 2015
Yes, I would like to know people's opinions on the Zagg. Lifetime warranty sure sounds nice!
Used to swear by Zagg, but stopped using them honestly. I started getting the Tech Armor ones for my iPhones and iPads (Also has warranty but you don't have to pay anything like ZAGG to get a replacement)

MrXiro

macrumors 68040
Nov 2, 2007
Los Angeles
anybody buy any of the cheaper tempered glass and think they have done a good job?

Yeah I got a few and besides the pain in the ass installation it's been pretty great. I have a hard time lining up the spots correctly without getting dust under the screen.

npolly0212

macrumors 65816
Sep 21, 2015
Yeah I got a few and besides the pain in the ass installation it's been pretty great. I have a hard time lining up the spots correctly without getting dust under the screen.
I have that same problem. trying to find something cheap just to last for a few weeks-months until I decide to get a good one when they come out lol

Reactions: jeme

comptr

macrumors 68000
Oct 25, 2007
Arizona
Used to swear by Zagg, but stopped using them honestly. I started getting the Tech Armor ones for my iPhones and iPads (Also has warranty but you don't have to pay anything like ZAGG to get a replacement)
Well Zagg gives the replacements for free, but all they charge is shipping which is around 5.00

darrinS

macrumors 65816
Oct 21, 2011
So Cal
No, they are a dry install and glass so I can't see them turning yellow. But a lot here say Anker makes a good product.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.