Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Original poster
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
Several of you are asking for cheap protectors to try out. I do have a contact that's looking to supply folks with review units for cheap. They have the E2E and non-E2E variants both for the 7 and the 7+.

If you're interested, send me a PM and I'll pass along the contact details.

DerekDock

macrumors member
Jan 27, 2014
Santa Cruz, Ca
So finally got my plus to try out the Sparen one I linked to early on. It looks perfect to me but will be best for people using a case. It's a 2.5D edge so doesn't cover full glass but this makes it perfect for a case as a full 3d wouldn't fit on the Spigen hybrid I have. Not sure how it will be with the Nomad leather that comes on Wednesday.

HeyGreggie

macrumors 65816
Oct 8, 2011
I need a good edge to edge. there was one that was posted, but all of the reviews on amazon seem to be posted BEFORE the phone was available so I can't trust them. Anyone currently have an iPhone 7 Plus (or 7) with a edge to edge screen protector?

Reactions: willmtaylor

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Original poster
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
So finally got my plus to try out the Sparen one I linked to early on. It looks perfect to me but will be best for people using a case. It's a 2.5D edge so doesn't cover full glass but this makes it perfect for a case as a full 3d wouldn't fit on the Spigen hybrid I have. Not sure how it will be with the Nomad leather that comes on Wednesday.
Any pics for reference?
[doublepost=1474303016][/doublepost]
I need a good edge to edge. there was one that was posted, but all of the reviews on amazon seem to be posted BEFORE the phone was available so I can't trust them. Anyone currently have an iPhone 7 Plus (or 7) with a edge to edge screen protector?
Yeah, still kinda early on. I'm waiting for the same thing.

DerekDock

macrumors member
Jan 27, 2014
Santa Cruz, Ca
Any pics for reference?
[doublepost=1474303016][/doublepost]
Yeah, still kinda early on. I'm waiting for the same thing.

Some quick pics for you.
DSC02939_zpsqdzn0j5a.jpg
DSC02939_zpsqdzn0j5a.jpg
DSC02939_zpsqdzn0j5a.jpg
DSC02933_zpscgirhaqk.jpg

michael31986

macrumors 601
Jul 11, 2008
these protectors look great.

all we need is a nice one that shows off the jet black glossy back side... i can't find anything nice back protectors! fml

Stinsle

macrumors member
Apr 29, 2015
Minnesota
I had the Zagg tempered glass screen protector on my 6. I liked the way it looked, but it kept cracking...in the same spot. I was very careful with my phone and didn't do anything to cause the crack. It does come with a lifetime warranty, but I got sick of paying shipping on replacements. Ugh!
[doublepost=1474159028][/doublepost]
I'm not sure, but it may not. Just looking at my 6 and 7 side-by-side, it looks like the speaker on the top is wider on the 7. The Zagg screen protector that I have on my 6 has a cutout for that speaker and it is just wide enough for the speaker on the 6:-/

Yes there is a little difference at the speaker. I tried the screen protector that I had on my 6+ and the speaker hole is a bit smaller. on the protector. You might get away with it, though, if you are using bluetooth earphones.

I, too got tired of paying shipping fees to Zagg and went back to the non glass. I would like to try the glass again, though.

Reactions: TiaSco08

jlaw

macrumors member
Aug 15, 2007
I took the Belkin one from the Apple Store off and replaced it with Ghost Armor's glass front and matte rear. The fit is better in the front, it now exactly covers the lit / usable portion of the screen.

mjb59463

macrumors 6502
Jan 10, 2012
Waiting for the Zagg privacy screen. Unless someone has a better suggestion for the 7 plus.

6thDAY

macrumors 6502a
Apr 14, 2010
I'm waiting for Kyasi to release their E2E glass protectors for the 7/7 Plus. It's the best one that I've tried out of Cinder, iMos 3D, iLoome, and Daswise.

lsh

macrumors 6502a
Feb 6, 2012
Cincinnati, OH
I got the Belkin Ultra from Apple store for my 7+. I panicked when they didn't use the machine - she said it doesn't work for iPhone 7+ yet??? But she did a perfect install.

I had a machine applied version for my 6s+.

The edges don't feel as sharp as the previous version. I'm not sure why they can't make it just a hair wider so it goes OVER the display edge and not up to it, it's exactly the same width. This version is supposed to be better scratch and finger print resistant??? Time will tell.

Reactions: mokinhaz

ricktat

macrumors 68000
Feb 18, 2013
I took the Belkin one from the Apple Store off and replaced it with Ghost Armor's glass front and matte rear. The fit is better in the front, it now exactly covers the lit / usable portion of the screen.
Why didn't you like the Belkin? 7 or 7plus?

Any lift on the edges?

Ezra923

macrumors 6502
Jun 8, 2012
I bought the 6 glass one from belkin at Apple, it fits and it works. Btw what does 3D glass protector mean?

Daremo

macrumors 68020
Jul 3, 2007
Chicago
I purchased 2 brands early through Amazon Prime. One was Maxboost, and I have it on the phone currently. Meh. The edges are a bit rough, and it's OK at best. The other I purchased is Pleson, and I will remove this Maxboost tonight and replace it with the Pleson. I will take pictures of the edges for you to see what I mean.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.