Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Candurin

macrumors regular
Mar 27, 2011
Just installed the turata 3D from amazon. It feels just as good as the godosmith and installed in seconds with zero adhesion, screen or lifting after putting my spigen case back on. Added bonus is that the auto brightness works again.

Reactions: willmtaylor

ultraman982

macrumors member
Jun 24, 2007
Just installed the turata 3D from amazon. It feels just as good as the godosmith and installed in seconds with zero adhesion, screen or lifting after putting my spigen case back on. Added bonus is that the auto brightness works again.

Does it work with a case? I'm curious if these 3d cases will work with the apple leather case or silicon. I feel like the leather or plastic will stretch as necessary to accommodate.

Dkrcubsfan

Cancelled
Sep 20, 2016
Klearlook
[doublepost=1474394930][/doublepost]
The case is brilliant .. Very light and thin .. Adds no bulk at all .. Bargain for £1 (used Orzly sale code lol).
[doublepost=1474395336][/doublepost]
The brand is Klearlook. Its listed on amazon for £12. I picked up for £10.
[doublepost=1474395605][/doublepost]https://www.amazon.co.uk/Protector-Klearlook®-Original-Technology-Definition/dp/B01JFNCPV4/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1474395465&sr=8-4&keywords=klearlook+iphone+7+screen+protector

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Protector-Klearlook®-Original-Technology-Definition/dp/B01JFNCPPK/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1474395574&sr=8-3&keywords=klearlook+iphone+7+screen+protector
Couple questions on the Klearlook if you don't mind.

1. Does the entire screen have adhesive, or only the frame?
2. What's the difference between the finger print one and crystal(if you know)

Thanks in advance and for the recommendation.

6thDAY

macrumors 6502a
Apr 14, 2010

Was this installed on an iPhone 7/7 Plus and if so, did the earpiece, sensors, and home button aligned correctly?

Candurin

macrumors regular
Mar 27, 2011
Was this installed on an iPhone 7/7 Plus and if so, did the earpiece, sensors, and home button aligned correctly?
Everything aligns perfectly.

No issues with cases either. I tried all three spigens that I have (not that it is representative of all cases).

Reactions: 6thDAY

Dkrcubsfan

Cancelled
Sep 20, 2016

No issues with cases either. I tried all three spigens that I have (not that it is representative of all cases).
From the pics on amazon the Turata cutout for the proximity sensor looks just as big as the earpiece cut out. Is that actual?

VSH1

macrumors member
Sep 24, 2015
London
Can anyone confirm that the 7 glass protector is different than the 6/6S?
I have a few extra 6/6S protectors that I'd like to use on my 7.
I have tried using iphone 6s protector. See the result in picture. I also tried others which claim to be for 7 from jetech(non E2E)but getting same result on edges.

Attachments

• IMG_0933.JPG
    IMG_0933.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 456

Dkrcubsfan

Cancelled
Sep 20, 2016
Bought the Zagg Glass+. Will probably return it as it halos. Don't know if I could have gotten a much more precise application too.

noobinator

macrumors 604
Jun 19, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
I've always used tech armor. If you mess up the install they ship you another for free, however it appears they have stopped this practice as of 9/1/16. Onto something else.

darrinS

macrumors 65816
Oct 21, 2011
So Cal
Fwiw. I am very happy with the Belkin Invisiglass installed at my local Apple Store with the Belkin machine. It's perfectly centered and is so smooth. I agree with the others that have mentioned it could be a tad wider. It just meets up with the lit scree on each side. But that doesn't bother me. Will only change if someone comes out with an e2e all clear glass protector. I'm not a fan of the painted borders.

6thDAY

macrumors 6502a
Apr 14, 2010

2 more questions:

1. Is this truly edge to edge?

2. How does this compare to other E2E glass protectors (if you previously had them)?

jplusc

macrumors 6502a
Jul 5, 2010
Los Angeles
Got the Belkin Invisiglass Ultra from the Apple store today and had them install it. I highly recommend it, the positioning is spot on with the tool they use and they ensure no dust gets underneath. not cheap at $40 but it'll come out perfect.

The protector itself is very thin and all the edges are curved and smooth so you feel no rough edges.

Kisey

macrumors 6502a
Jul 9, 2010

From the pics on amazon the Turata cutout for the proximity sensor looks just as big as the earpiece cut out. Is that actual?

2 more questions:

1. Is this truly edge to edge?

2. How does this compare to other E2E glass protectors (if you previously had them)?

I have tried the Turata as well. It's E2E but, it's not a true curved piece of glass. It's flat, the edges are rounded, but it leaves a gap all around where dust can build up over time. It's not like Godosmith Icemax, CINDER, or Imos.

Everything is aligned, and yes, the proximity sensor window is big. I actually kind of like it like that as opposed to the two off-center dots that every other protector has. It looks more symmetrical like that, aside from the camera hole.

Edit: I uploaded a photo to explain the gap (left side).

Attachments

• 14272493365374.jpg
    14272493365374.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 317

6thDAY

macrumors 6502a
Apr 14, 2010
I have tried the Turata as well. It's E2E but, it's not a true curved piece of glass. It's flat, the edges are rounded, but it leaves a gap all around where dust can build up over time. It's not like Godosmith Icemax, CINDER, or Imos.

Everything is aligned, and yes, the proximity sensor window is big. I actually kind of like it like that as opposed to the two off-center dots that every other protector has. It looks more symmetrical like that, aside from the camera hole.

Thank you! Words like "not a true curved" and "leaves a gap all around" was what I was looking for. I was looking for something similar to IceMax, Cinder, or iMOS but you made it clear it was not like them. I dont like these type of glass protectors that hang over the edge.

I guess I'm gonna wait for Kyasi to release theirs as I've have it currently on my 6s plus and it's true curved.

Candurin

macrumors regular
Mar 27, 2011

It's not a "cutout" per se. It's a "window". They did a large oval window so that it satisfies the sensor position on the 6 and 7.

It's not bad at all. I'll try and grab some pictures tonight or tomorrow.
[doublepost=1474414711][/doublepost]

Edit: I uploaded a photo to explain the gap (left side).

I have to disagree. Mine is curved and follows the shape of the rounded edge. I will certainly take pics tonight if I can.

Kisey

macrumors 6502a
Jul 9, 2010
Thank you! Words like "not a true curved" and "leaves a gap all around" was what I was looking for. I was looking for something similar to IceMax, Cinder, or iMOS but you made it clear it was not like them. I dont like these type of glass protectors that hang over the edge.

I guess I'm gonna wait for Kyasi to release theirs as I've have it currently on my 6s plus and it's true curved.
No problem. This is the second one that I tried out that has that gap all around. I think I'll just keep it on until I receive the Godosmith from AliExpress. It's not called IceMax but I hope it's the same quality. I'll have to look into Kyasi as well.
[doublepost=1474415648][/doublepost]
I have to disagree. Mine is curved and follows the shape of the rounded edge. I will certainly take pics tonight if I can.
I don't have photos of the Turata, but it is exactly like the one I posted on page 5 (https://forums.macrumors.com/attachments/img_3363-jpg.654013/). If it were curved at the edges, I shouldn't be able to see straight through like that. I have the 7 if that matters.

Dkrcubsfan

Cancelled
Sep 20, 2016
It's not a "cutout" per se. It's a "window". They did a large oval window so that it satisfies the sensor position on the 6 and 7.

It's not bad at all. I'll try and grab some pictures tonight or tomorrow
So the "window" is not open so dust can fall into it like the earpiece?

Candurin

macrumors regular
Mar 27, 2011
So the "window" is not open so dust can fall into it like the earpiece?
Correct. Just a part of the screen protector that did not get painted underneath the glass. A true window.
[doublepost=1474433125][/doublepost]
No problem. This is the second one that I tried out that has that gap all around. I think I'll just keep it on until I receive the Godosmith from AliExpress. It's not called IceMax but I hope it's the same quality. I'll have to look into Kyasi as well.
[doublepost=1474415648][/doublepost]
I don't have photos of the Turata, but it is exactly like the one I posted on page 5 (https://forums.macrumors.com/attachments/img_3363-jpg.654013/). If it were curved at the edges, I shouldn't be able to see straight through like that. I have the 7 if that matters.

You're sure you have this one:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01KXP4F70/ref=yo_ii_img?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Mine is absolutely curved ("3D") and I don it have that gap you linked. Mine contours with my phone.

Will definitely post pics in the morning.

Kisey

macrumors 6502a
Jul 9, 2010
From that angle, that is exactly what my IceMax looks like on my iPhone 6s.
My IceMax (6s) and CINDER (6) are definitely not like that. It curves with the edges of the screen. My photo does not show the gap well. It was more to show how I can see right through to the home button. That is because the adhesive does not go all the way to the edges of the protector (and none below the home button), and that is because it's flat, while the edges of the screen are curved. If the adhesive went all the way to the edge, all kinds of dust and lint would accumulate.

Worlds-First-iPhone-6-Curved-Glass-Screen-Protector-03.jpeg

[doublepost=1474433451][/doublepost]
Correct. Just a part of the screen protector that did not get painted underneath the glass. A true window.

Mine is absolutely curved ("3D") and I don it have that gap you linked. Mine contours with my phone.

Yup. Exactly the one I purchased and am using now until I receive the Godosmith.

Reactions: willmtaylor

Paco II

macrumors 68020
Sep 13, 2009
My icemax looks like one on right, but still at bottom I see through button opening from that angle.

My IceMax (6s) and CINDER (6) are definitely not like that. It curves with the edges of the screen. My photo does not show the gap well. It was more to show how I can see right through to the home button. That is because the adhesive does not go all the way to the edges of the protector (and none below the home button), and that is because it's flat, while the edges of the screen are curved. If the adhesive went all the way to the edge, all kinds of dust and lint would accumulate.

Worlds-First-iPhone-6-Curved-Glass-Screen-Protector-03.jpeg

[doublepost=1474433451][/doublepost]

Yup. Exactly the one I purchased and am using now until I receive the Godosmith.

6thDAY

macrumors 6502a
Apr 14, 2010

Would really appreciate it, seems there are conflicting views with this "3D" glass protector between you and Kisey :)

I would hate to waste money on a glass protector that is not truly E2E, and I have wasted money on some of them, the Daswise and CoolReall for example.

Kisey

macrumors 6502a
Jul 9, 2010
Here's the TURATA. It's tiny, but there is definitely a gap. Excuse the iPhone 5 quality.

Attachments

• IMG_0044.JPG
    IMG_0044.JPG
    1,013.7 KB · Views: 444
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.