Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sal09

macrumors 601
Sep 21, 2014
United Kingdom
Couple questions on the Klearlook if you don't mind.

1. Does the entire screen have adhesive, or only the frame?
2. What's the difference between the finger print one and crystal(if you know)

Thanks in advance and for the recommendation.
Hi,

Yes the entire screen protector have adhesive from edge to edge.

I'm afraid i cant help you with the second question.

Before trying this one i had ESR and Spigen G.TR protectors. They both were crap.

Sal
[doublepost=1474439383][/doublepost]
Any chance you could post some more pics of that Orzly case (maybe in the case thread) or maybe make a minimalist case thread.
Will do later today :)

athenodorus

macrumors newbie
Apr 27, 2015
Thank you! Is this the same as this one? If not, which one is better?
Ice Max Series Fully Coverage [3D Curved] Protector cover

Thanks, Jerry
Hi Jerry,

i have clarified with Godosmith if that is the ice max 3D and they replied 'yes it is'. I guess i will have to trust them based on the reply.

VSH1

macrumors member
Sep 24, 2015
London
I have screen protector for 6s which I applied on 7 but getting bubbles on the edges see picture. Went to see genius and they said 7 is slightly more curved. Not sure how you people are able to use old protectors. I even got non edge to edge one but same result. Tried on 2 display models with same result(one had less bubbles but still visible on the edges). Can you guys who have tested 6s protector confirm this please. I do not want to get stuck with defective phone specially when apple is not accepting it.

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_0933.JPG
    IMG_0933.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 327

Candurin

macrumors regular
Mar 27, 2011
Hopefully, these photos show (and sorry for the quality, used my iPad air and a jeweler's loupe to take these!) that the turata I have does contour to the screen. I'm looking at my icemax 3d i took off my iPhone 6 and the edges are identical.

I can try and take some additional photos when my wife gets home and I can use her iPhone 6.

To me (FWIW), the icemax and this turata are identical in performance. For clarification this is the one I purchased (which someone linked to much earlier in this thread): https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01KXP4F70

And the dust is on top of the screen protector...

Attachments

• IMG_0002.jpg
    IMG_0002.jpg
    790.1 KB · Views: 382
  • IMG_0001.jpg
    IMG_0001.jpg
    1,013.8 KB · Views: 374
  • IMG_0003.jpg
    IMG_0003.jpg
    777.5 KB · Views: 361
  • IMG_0004.jpg
    IMG_0004.jpg
    757.3 KB · Views: 378
Reactions: Paco II

onepoint

macrumors 6502a
Aug 3, 2010
USA

lsh

macrumors 6502a
Feb 6, 2012
Cincinnati, OH
That's strange. It was there a couple days ago but I don't see it now. I bought off the Apple Store app for in store pickup.
I really like it. I have 7+. I don't see a halo even though it does JUST get to the edges of the lit screen. Love that the edges are smooth now. Hoping the improved scratch resistance is real. My 6s protector was pretty scratched up.

6thDAY

macrumors 6502a
Apr 14, 2010
Hopefully, these photos show (and sorry for the quality, used my iPad air and a jeweler's loupe to take these!) that the turata I have does contour to the screen. I'm looking at my icemax 3d i took off my iPhone 6 and the edges are identical.

I can try and take some additional photos when my wife gets home and I can use her iPhone 6.

To me (FWIW), the icemax and this turata are identical in performance. For clarification this is the one I purchased (which someone linked to much earlier in this thread): https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01KXP4F70

And the dust is on top of the screen protector...

Can you take a picture of it like Kisey did in the previous page? I'd like to see the gap.

michael31986

macrumors 601
Jul 11, 2008
Just got my Anker iPhone 7 protector last night. Easy installation, no air bubbles, no issues with the edges, works fine with my current case.
awesome! i get mine today! looks like it has the correct opening for front speaker and camera hole.

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Original poster
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
Hi Jerry,

i have clarified with Godosmith if that is the ice max 3D and they replied 'yes it is'. I guess i will have to trust them based on the reply.
I wonder if they understood your question. :confused:
[doublepost=1474478091][/doublepost]I'm currently trying out the iPhone 7 E2E protector from CHOETECH. The edges fit perfectly and it's extremely thin. The screen does have a hint of shading/color though, I'm not sure yet whether or not I like.

I'll post again in a day or two.

FWIW, good price and great fit.

hansokl

macrumors regular
Sep 20, 2012
Anyone found a cheap glass screen protector for the back of the iPhone 7 Plus? I put one on the front but really like having one on the back. I could get one for the front but just trying to find one made specifically for the back. I always resell my phones to get new ones so want to keep it as scratch free as possible.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Dkrcubsfan

Cancelled
Sep 20, 2016
Yeah I know and will do! Had a cinder on my 6s plus and I really like it, no problems!
I have emailed Cupert twice inquiring about the new availability. No answer.
Read numerous times that the product is good but customer service is bad...

CanAusderMeile

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2016
Question to all who owns the Belkin Invisible Glass:
The front camera has a hole right? That would make me crazy if it is, because the front cam
will get dirty fast, if you put the phone in your pocket... you need always to clear that, had this before.

Is that belkin machine at apple store only possible to use with the belkin SP's?
Wonder if they would bring SP's from other companys if you willing to pay for that service?..

darrinS

macrumors 65816
Oct 21, 2011
So Cal
Question to all who owns the Belkin Invisible Glass:
The front camera has a hole right? That would make me crazy if it is, because the front cam
will get dirty fast, if you put the phone in your pocket... you need always to clear that, had this before.

Is that belkin machine at apple store only possible to use with the belkin SP's?
Wonder if they would bring SP's from other companys if you willing to pay for that service?..
There is a hole. I don't know for sure, but I highly doubt the Belkin machine will work with non Belkin protectors. Without removing the protectors plastic cover, they place the protector in the machine, then the iPhone face down, close the machine lid, and pull a tab that is connected to the protector. And that's when it's actually applied.

Shark5150

macrumors 68000
Sep 24, 2014
Dallas, Texas
Got fed up with zagg on 7 plus model. 4 installs and they all lifted on edges. Guy as t kiosk told me to return defective phone. Lol. Got refund. Went to adjacent apple store and hit Belkin glass installed. Flawless. Looks and feels great. Time will tell tho.

mattfoo

macrumors newbie
Sep 27, 2014
I don't see the Belkin invisiglass on apples site for the 7/7 plus, they actually have it stocked in store?
Hi yes the Belkin glass is available now to buy in store for iPhone 7/7+. It was so easy to fit... peel off apple iPhone wrap and belkin put straight on my black ip7+ No bubbles it just lay flat on the screen and I watched as it got rid of the bubbles itself as it bonded!

Attachments

• IMG_7564.JPG
    IMG_7564.JPG
    714.8 KB · Views: 421

noobinator

macrumors 604
Jun 19, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
Hi yes the Belkin glass is available now to buy in store for iPhone 7/7+. It was so easy to fit... peel off apple iPhone wrap and belkin put straight on my black ip7+ No bubbles it just lay flat on the screen and I watched as it got rid of the bubbles itself as it bonded!

I actually just went and got it done too. It looks like they used the 6/6s plus version on yours. My earpiece is just a hole not a cutout like yours. He almost put that one on my phone and someone stopped him. He had to go to th back to find the 7 plus version. I suppose if it works it's not big deal.

mattfoo

macrumors newbie
Sep 27, 2014
I actually just went and got it done too. It looks like they used the 6/6s plus version on yours. My earpiece is just a hole not a cutout like yours. He almost put that one on my phone and someone stopped him. He had to go to th back to find the 7 plus version. I suppose if it works it's not big deal.
Hi I fitted mine myself. It was brand new belkin boxed iPhone 7+ glass protector. It had just arrived in at the Apple Store. It has ip7+ printed on the box. Mines defo the new ip7+ one.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.