Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

noobinator

macrumors 604
Jun 19, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
Hi I fitted mine myself. It was brand new belkin boxed iPhone 7+ glass protector. It had just arrived in at the Apple Store. It has ip7+ printed on the box. Mines defo the new ip7+ one.

I wonder what I have then? He showed me the box that said 7 plus. And my receipt says invisiglass for 7 plus.

mattfoo

macrumors newbie
Sep 27, 2014
Strange, maybe I've got a dodgy batch of belkin that's just been labelled up with ip7+ on it.

RichardC300

macrumors 65816
Sep 27, 2012
Received Maxboost iPhone 7 protector (https://amzn.com/B01IWCYY8Q) yesterday and installed last night.

The protector covers the front camera, I haven't noticed much difference in quality - at least not yet, anyway. Installation was no problem and 3D Touch seems to be working fine.

The case is an Elago Origin which I reviewed in the main accessories forum (https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/iphone-7-elago-origin-case.1999015/).

View attachment 656300 View attachment 656302
This is my preferred cut for a glass screen protector (small slot for the ambient light sensor and no hole for the front camera), but the Amazon listing says it's for the 7 and 6/6S. The 7 has a wider and thinner speaker/mic cutout than the 6/6S, so it wouldn't be a perfect fit if it's just their 6/6S phone layout and just labeled as compatible with the 7.

Although, I am using a 6/6S glass screen protector on my 7, it's not perfectly centered in the cutout. The cutout is barely wide enough and higher in the cutout because it's thinner.

rstark18

macrumors 65816
Sep 18, 2009
Hi yes the Belkin glass is available now to buy in store for iPhone 7/7+. It was so easy to fit... peel off apple iPhone wrap and belkin put straight on my black ip7+ No bubbles it just lay flat on the screen and I watched as it got rid of the bubbles itself as it bonded!
The home button cutout is huge. the ONE good thing about the Belkin for the 6 was that the cutouts were right up the the edge which made it look nice.

Stinsle

macrumors member
Apr 29, 2015
Minnesota
I paid the $39.xx. That is the 'ultra' price on the website. They also have a non glass and maybe the original glass for less on the website.

The edge size really isn't a problem, I don't notice it unless I'm checking the application.

I guess no one told the Apple Store people they could use the same machine at my store.

Ok, I paid the same.

Calisunshine901

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2016
For those with tempered glass screen protectors do you see a decrease in response for the touch id on either the 7 or previous models.? I want to get the unicorn beetle pro case with a tempered glass protector but not sure if I'll still have the same responsiveness.

Stinsle

macrumors member
Apr 29, 2015
Minnesota
I don't see the Belkin invisiglass on apples site for the 7/7 plus, they actually have it stocked in store?

I got one there Monday evening. It was not on the web site and I ordered a different one. i was able to change to the Belkin when I went to pick up.

noobinator

macrumors 604
Jun 19, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
I got one there Monday evening. It was not on the web site and I ordered a different one. i was able to change to the Belkin when I went to pick up.

Does yours have a big cutout above the earpiece or is the earpiece but out like a hole? Seems I may have gotten something else today when I picked it up.

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Original poster
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
I picked this CHOETECH up for $8. Will post more later but wanted to share pics. Sorry about quality; I had to take them with my iPad Air for obvious reasons.

IMG_0602.JPG . IMG_0604.JPG

IMG_0608.JPG

IMG_0607.JPG

Last edited:

michael31986

macrumors 601
Jul 11, 2008
Just got my Anker iPhone 7 protector last night. Easy installation, no air bubbles, no issues with the edges, works fine with my current case.
Did you put the protector on with your case on. Or you had the case off? Also was using the tape to make a hinge easy to do?

mattfoo

macrumors newbie
Sep 27, 2014

Attachments

• IMG_7566.jpg
    IMG_7566.jpg
    179.9 KB · Views: 252
  • IMG_7566.jpg
    IMG_7566.jpg
    179.9 KB · Views: 170

CaptMarvel

macrumors 68000
Sep 20, 2014
North Carolina
anyone find any privacy screens for the iPhone 7 Plus yet that they'd recommend?

View attachment 654964 View attachment 654963 Bought this protector from local shop. It is a full edge to edge 3D curved protector. It really compliments the Orzly Flexislim case.

looks great, do you know the brand of screen protector that is?
[doublepost=1474535716][/doublepost]
Bought the Cygnett RealCurve 3D for the iPhone 7 "Pro" and I can say it's very good quality! Perfect cut outs and is true edge to edge. Very easy to install too. Goes perfectly with the saddle brown leather case

View attachment 653762 View attachment 653763 View attachment 653764 View attachment 653765

looks great, where did you purchase from?

Last edited:

noobinator

macrumors 604
Jun 19, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
It might be a uk thing. Here is what I got. Listed on apple website with larger cut out.
http://www.apple.com/uk/shop/produc...-screen-protection-for-iphone-7-plus?fnode=99

That exact same one is listed on the US site now too. I can't find a Belkin on their website that looks like mine. I know it's a Belkin because they used the machine. I'm worried I got an inferior product and that the cutout above the earpiece needs to be there. I've attached mine. Can anyone locate anything like this on Apple's site?

Attachments

• belkin.jpg
    belkin.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 350

idanny34

macrumors regular
Sep 26, 2014
SF Bay Area, CA
That exact same one is listed on the US site now too. I can't find a Belkin on their website that looks like mine. I know it's a Belkin because they used the machine. I'm worried I got an inferior product and that the cutout above the earpiece needs to be there. I've attached mine. Can anyone locate anything like this on Apple's site?
Apple has two different screen protectors from Belkin. The one that you have is the one that is installed in-store with the machine. It's not on Apple's website because it's only sold at the Apple stores for those that specifically ask for it. The one with the larger cutout requires you to install it yourself. These have been sold by Apple since the 6 (or 6s?).

ricktat

macrumors 68000
Feb 18, 2013
The wavvy cutout at the top is like some of the other brands that I have tried that were specifically made for the Iphone 7. Normally it would be a small U shape for the 6.

I think you either have a revised better version or the version that Belkin plans to sell on their site. Yours only has a small space around the home button and it seems the Apple variety others are posting for the 7 has the huge cutout for the home button.

Last year I bought a Tech 21 from Apple and then one from T-mobile. The exact packaging, but the Apple version had the huge home button cutout and the T-mobile one was normal sized.

The difference may be the machine vs regular packaging too.

I hope I get the one you have as long as it doesn't halo. My order should be here tomorrow.

noobinator

macrumors 604
Jun 19, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
The wavvy cutout at the top is like some of the other brands that I have tried that were specifically made for the Iphone 7. Normally it would be a small U shape for the 6.

I think you either have a revised better version or the version that Belkin plans to sell on their site. Yours only has a small space around the home button and it seems the Apple variety others are posting for the 7 has the huge cutout for the home button.

Last year I bought a Tech 21 from Apple and then one from T-mobile. The exact packaging, but the Apple version had the huge home button cutout and the T-mobile one was normal sized.

The difference may be the machine vs regular packaging too.

I hope I get the one you have as long as it doesn't halo. My order should be here tomorrow.

I have zero halo but it does go exactly to the edges of the screen so you get a bit of the rainbow effect but it doesn't bother me. You might have to ask Apple for the one I have. The guy had to go into the back and get it for me.

ricktat

macrumors 68000
Feb 18, 2013
I have zero halo but it does go exactly to the edges of the screen so you get a bit of the rainbow effect but it doesn't bother me. You might have to ask Apple for the one I have. The guy had to go into the back and get it for me.

I had the rainbow on my original Iphone 6 from Zagg. I thought it was bad and so did Zagg. So they redesigned and have had halo ever since. Now I am ready to pick rainbow over halo.

Pug72

macrumors 68020
Mar 18, 2012
England
Well I found out that you shouldn't use the steamy bathroom method for installing glass protectors.

Put one on Tuesday when I received my 7 Plus. The protector condensated as I was applying so I have been waiting for a slight haze it had to dry out.

It didn't really clear so as i bought a two pack I decided to take it off and apply the other.
When I got it off the haze must have been the adhesive effected by the dampness as it wouldn't clean off.

So, did the other outside hoping the absence of household dust in the air would aid a clean install.
It did, went on perfect with one tiny, tiny speck of dust on the bottom right of the bezel, only visible in certain lighting.

Yay.

Kisey

macrumors 6502a
Jul 9, 2010
I noticed there are now two different tempered glasses available from G.D.SMITH on Aliexpress. I asked what the difference was between 1 and 2. And the response was
Dear friend, the first one is full cover 3D tempered glass , and it has good quality. And the material of second product is ABS resin and Tempered Glass,pls looking the picture.
I did follow-up and asked which one is the iPhone 7 Icemax, which I have yet to receive a response, but my guess is that it's the first link ($13.99), not the $8.99 one that some of us purchased earlier. I also see that it's now on Amazon (LINK), so it'll probably be a matter of time until it's available for prime. I'm going to wait it out before I order yet another screen protector :eek:

Teon

macrumors regular
Feb 14, 2016
not on what to do photo now
visible small (micro) scratches on the glass

chino303

macrumors regular
Oct 2, 2014
Katy, TX
Several of you are asking for cheap protectors to try out. I do have a contact that's looking to supply folks with review units for cheap. They have the E2E and non-E2E variants both for the 7 and the 7+.

If you're interested, send me a PM and I'll pass along the contact details.
Am I late for the party?

Robdmb

macrumors regular
Nov 5, 2008
If you go to the Apple Store to have them install the Belkin one for 7+, what do i have to look for to make sure I get the right one versus the self install one?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.