Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jmfangio

macrumors member
Aug 18, 2013
NorCal
Is the earpiece opening on Turata correct on the 7+? Because the description says it's for the 7+ and 6+, but the opening needs to be larger on the 7+.

Seems to be big enough for the opening. Note the clear cutouts seem larger to allow it to work with the 6+ as well.
IMG_1346.jpg

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Original poster
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
Funny, I hadn't noticed the big cutout until I took photos for here. Have to disagree about the ugly and cheap. The only one of these I have looked at that deserves that sort of language IMHO is the Choetech.
Different strokes for different strokes. Glad we at least have some affordable options this go round. Look forward to your thoughts on the Sparin.

Funny enough, I currently have a CHOETECH and don't mind it.
[doublepost=1474593532][/doublepost]
Thanks for the side picture. Someone else confirmed it's not full 3D also. I'm gonna wait until Kyasi releases theirs, and I'm also not feeling the long hole for the sensor as @willmtaylor mentioned.
I thought about Kyasi, but companies that claim a warranty, but never answer customer service emails are unappealing. I was turned off by all the negative Amazon reviews. I'll probably go for something cheaper or the Godosmith.

athenodorus

macrumors newbie
Apr 27, 2015

6thDAY

macrumors 6502a
Apr 14, 2010
I thought about Kyasi, but companies that claim a warranty, but never answer customer service emails are unappealing. I was turned off by all the negative Amazon reviews. I'll probably go for something cheaper or the Godosmith.

I concur about the customer service. However, I tried the Cinder and iMos before moving on to Kyasi, and both developed a scratch some days after putting it on. I never put it in my pocket or face down and yet there it was.

However, I havent seen the Kyasi with any scratches yet, and I've had it for months. Plus it has a pretty strong adhesive that's compatible with my Rhinoshield CrashGuard Bumper, and that bumper squeezes pretty tight along the edges.

Reactions: willmtaylor

IHateMe

macrumors newbie
Sep 21, 2016
NJ
Put on the Invisible Shield Glass, it's definitely a couple of mm too long as the bottom portion does not sit flush (has air gaps). Very disappointed in the fitment, would not recommend.

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Original poster
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
I concur about the customer service. However, I tried the Cinder and iMos before moving on to Kyasi, and both developed a scratch some days after putting it on. I never put it in my pocket or face down and yet there it was.

However, I havent seen the Kyasi with any scratches yet, and I've had it for months. Plus it has a pretty strong adhesive that's compatible with my Rhinoshield CrashGuard Bumper, and that bumper squeezes pretty tight along the edges.
That's good to hear. I'm considering either the CrashGuard or the PlayProof for my 7.

Laryl

macrumors 6502a
Sep 26, 2014
AZ
Alright guys, got confirmation that this is the Ice Max for the iPhone 7. It can also be found on Amazon.
I've been reading this thread trying to pick the best e2e.. is this a favorite many are waiting for? Because I've not seen any I'm liking yet.

Synomenon

macrumors 6502a
Apr 5, 2011
The screen protectors with colored borders like that Ice Max are very thick. I tried one of those for my 7 Plus and it reduced screen sensitivity.

Laryl

macrumors 6502a
Sep 26, 2014
AZ
The screen protectors with colored borders like that Ice Max are very thick. I tried one of those for my 7 Plus and it reduced screen sensitivity.

I'm looking but can't see.. how thick are they compared to others , do you know? I just ordered one now wondering if I jumped too soon. :(. How badly did it reduce sensitivity and also besides that how did it fit?

Synomenon

macrumors 6502a
Apr 5, 2011
I'm looking but can't see.. how thick are they compared to others , do you know? I just ordered one now wondering if I jumped too soon. :(. How badly did it reduce sensitivity and also besides that how did it fit?

The fit was great. It actually did cover the entire screen. The cutout for the earpiece was long enough and the home "button" cutout was good as well. The home button felt very recessed though and because of the colored "frame", it sometimes felt like the actual screen protector was not fully laying against the phone's glass as sometimes, when pressing on the screen (on the screen protector) I'd hear a click as if the glass of the screen protector was hitting against the phone's glass... like it wasn't fully up against the phone's glass already.

Laryl

macrumors 6502a
Sep 26, 2014
AZ
The fit was great. It actually did cover the entire screen. The cutout for the earpiece was long enough and the home "button" cutout was good as well. The home button felt very recessed though and because of the colored "frame", it sometimes felt like the actual screen protector was not fully laying against the phone's glass as sometimes, when pressing on the screen (on the screen protector) I'd hear a click as if the glass of the screen protector was hitting against the phone's glass... like it wasn't fully up against the phone's glass already.

Thank you.. that maybe gap causing a sound when you press will be a deal breaker for me. By the time I get it, it might be a backup lol. Crazy how a clear winner hasn't surfaced, but then it is early.

VSH1

macrumors member
Sep 24, 2015
London

Attachments

• IMG_0939.JPG
    IMG_0939.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 156

Daranx

macrumors regular
Sep 16, 2016
London
I received ESR E2E yesterday. It does not adhere to the edges as my previous one. Not sure if i am unlucky with 4 different brands (2 E2E and 2 normal glass) which does not stick on the same edges or whether i have defective phone. link to ESR one is https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01KJIWCOE/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Has anybody had this issue? keep thinking its phone as have tried various with same problem. View attachment 657701 View attachment 657702
That same ESR E2E was the first protector I tried and like you, the edges didn't sit properly, but not as bad as like your photos. It's a shame because the install was so so so easy! Got it from Amazon.co.uk too.

I'm currently using the Spigen non-E2E (forgot the name) until I can find a nice E2E case that works with the Spigen Ultra Hybrid without lifting. If anyone has tried any, I'd love to find out which ones are compatible!

VSH1

macrumors member
Sep 24, 2015
London
That same ESR E2E was the first protector I tried and like you, the edges didn't sit properly, but not as bad as like your photos. It's a shame because the install was so so so easy! Got it from Amazon.co.uk too.

I'm currently using the Spigen non-E2E (forgot the name) until I can find a nice E2E case that works with the Spigen Ultra Hybrid without lifting. If anyone has tried any, I'd love to find out which ones are compatible!

I have tried without case. Did it stick without case for you? I even tried non E2E ones and its same.

Kisey

macrumors 6502a
Jul 9, 2010
I've been reading this thread trying to pick the best e2e.. is this a favorite many are waiting for? Because I've not seen any I'm liking yet.
I know at least quite a few of us are waiting for the Ice Max. It was definitely a favorite for the 6/6s.

Reactions: Laryl

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Original poster
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)

kingston73

macrumors 65816
Dec 23, 2015
I think it's a 2.5 edge. It's larger than the belkin-type but doesn't interfere or lift with a case on. I put a spigen ultra hybrid on after install of the protector and it fits perfectly. The only thing with the Jellycomb is I'm pretty sure the colored edges are plastic with glass just in the middle.

I have another on the way from a company who gave me a discount code to write a review for them so I'll probably take the jelly off and install the other when it comes, and then maybe I'm going to buy the sparen e2e one after that.

Reactions: willmtaylor
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.