Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Winryito

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2015
Just got the belkin glass protector as well from Apple. They installed it with a machine.

No halo effect and looks very good/good texture as well. Definitely happy with this purchase.

Reactions: danny8200

ricktat

macrumors 68000
Feb 18, 2013
Just got the belkin glass protector as well from Apple. They installed it with a machine.

No halo effect and looks very good/good texture as well. Definitely happy with this purchase.
7 or 7 plus?

If 7, can you post a pic. Trying to compare the machine 7 version vs the boxed.

igottafindbubba

macrumors newbie
Sep 22, 2014
Did it finally chill? Pics?

Here are some pics of the installed Sparin. It looks like it may attract dust at the edges.

5f79ba513c.jpg
5f79e4ebd8.jpg
5f79f7dbed.jpg

ag21

macrumors member
Jul 31, 2010
Thanks again to William and the rest of you for all the info. Just went back to an iphone 7 after trying a + for the first time for a week. I am planning to go caseless (although I grabbed a storm gray leather from apple since I had store credit) with TG protector. The rep with Cheotech William recommended was very nice to send me codes to try three of their products in exchange for honest reviews. She said they're not proceeding with their E2E b/c of bad reviews and asked me to pass along her email for those who would like to try the products and review: jane@choetech.com.

Enjoy the weekend!

Last edited:

ABN1C

macrumors newbie
Aug 1, 2010
I picked up my iPhone 7 on launch day and got the Apple Store to install the Belkin protector. The installation using the machine was perfect and I really like the look and feel of the protector.

But, as other folk have mentioned it's too narrow for the visible part of the phone screen. It might be only about 1mm on each side, but it's really annoying, especially as it creates a rainbow effect on each side.

I went back into the Apple Store a few days later and the lady said she had installed loads and they were all like that. She offered a refund, but I really need to sort an alternative first. It's interesting to read that folk with the iPhone 7+ don't seem to have the same issue with their version.

I e-mailed Belkin customer services but they don't have a clue which of their products Apple is installing, so haven't been too helpful.

Textureboy

macrumors 6502
Jul 25, 2012
Here are some pics of the installed Sparin. It looks like it may attract dust at the edges.

5f79ba513c.jpg
5f79e4ebd8.jpg
5f79f7dbed.jpg

I love full coverage protectors because it feels nice to swipe from the left or right of the screen and not have to feel the gap inbetween the bezel of a non full coverage protector. Thanks for posting this; might get this with a case to fill the 2.5D gap.

ricktat

macrumors 68000
Feb 18, 2013
I picked up my iPhone 7 on launch day and got the Apple Store to install the Belkin protector. The installation using the machine was perfect and I really like the look and feel of the protector.

But, as other folk have mentioned it's too narrow for the visible part of the phone screen. It might be only about 1mm on each side, but it's really annoying, especially as it creates a rainbow effect on each side.

I went back into the Apple Store a few days later and the lady said she had installed loads and they were all like that. She offered a refund, but I really need to sort an alternative first. It's interesting to read that folk with the iPhone 7+ don't seem to have the same issue with their version.

I e-mailed Belkin customer services but they don't have a clue which of their products Apple is installing, so haven't been too helpful.
Can you take a picture? I am still trying to see the difference of a machine 7 vs a boxed 7.

Everyone has only posted the 7 plus. I am debating a drive to the Apple Store.

crazymeeshu

macrumors regular
May 5, 2015
West Virginia
If you want the feeling that there's no glass on top of the factory glass, just get the Godosmith Ice Max 3D. I installed one on my wife's 6s last year and she had no idea until I took it off when she got her 7.

Reactions: willmtaylor

Lobwedgephil

Contributor
Apr 7, 2012

It is the same on the plus version, terrible. Not sure how they messed it up so bad.
[doublepost=1474734929][/doublepost]
If you want the feeling that there's no glass on top of the factory glass, just get the Godosmith Ice Max 3D. I installed one on my wife's 6s last year and she had no idea until I took it off when she got her 7.

Waiting for mine, they just released coming from China.

ISFPOWER

macrumors newbie
Nov 27, 2014
over nighted my turata ...perfect fit, no bubbles, nice packaging. whew, thank Goodness. edge to edge looks good.

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Original poster
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)

5f79ba513c.jpg
5f79e4ebd8.jpg
5f79f7dbed.jpg

In addition to appearing to not have a tapered edge, it appears to not be curved and leave a gap between the curve of the glass and the protector. Are these statements accurate?

IMG_0617.JPG

[doublepost=1474735383][/doublepost]
over nighted my turata ...perfect fit, no bubbles, nice packaging. whew, thank Goodness. edge to edge looks good.
Pics please?

0r30

macrumors 6502a
Aug 12, 2010
Texas
Can you show a pic? Also can you redo it or nah

Sorry. my only camera is my phone lol. I managed to get the air bubbles out by pushing them to the side over and over for about an hour. Also no sharp edges.
[doublepost=1474735542][/doublepost]

5f79ba513c.jpg
5f79e4ebd8.jpg
5f79f7dbed.jpg
Can you share the link to this one? I think it will look perfect with the Apple case.

michael31986

macrumors 601
Jul 11, 2008
Sorry. my only camera is my phone lol. I managed to get the air bubbles out by pushing them to the side over and over for about an hour. Also no sharp edges.
[doublepost=1474735542][/doublepost]
Can you share the link to this one? I think it will look perfect with the Apple case.
im trying to get rid of an air bubble on the anker. did you have to press hard? how did you do it exactley?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.