Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JSway

macrumors 6502
Sep 9, 2016
I purchased the Belkin clear one at the Apple Store. From what I was told, the machine wasn't able to install screen protectors on the 7+. Had the rep install it! It came out awesome.

I do see the slight rainbow effect caused by the protector not being fitted, but I had that happen with every tempered glass protector on my 6S+. I honestly don't notice the rainbow effect, unless I'm looking for it.

Btw, the tech21 mesh case is horrible. So bulky and big. It looks decent with the JB but too big. Wouldn't recommend it on an already big phone. Maybe for the regular 7.

Reactions: Olivia23

Calisunshine901

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2016
Here is the Turata without and with my case.

14466865_10206077034519822_1952332523_o.jpg

Does the screen protector interfere with the fingerprint sensor? Thinking about getting this one.

This is the one correct?

https://www.amazon.com/Protector-TU...74914457&sr=1-1&keywords=turata+iphone+7+plus

DashSatan

macrumors 6502
Mar 29, 2011
I purchased the Belkin clear one at the Apple Store. From what I was told, the machine wasn't able to install screen protectors on the 7+. Had the rep install it! It came out awesome.

I do see the slight rainbow effect caused by the protector not being fitted, but I had that happen with every tempered glass protector on my 6S+. I honestly don't notice the rainbow effect, unless I'm looking for it.

Btw, the tech21 mesh case is horrible. So bulky and big. It looks decent with the JB but too big. Wouldn't recommend it on an already big phone. Maybe for the regular 7.

That's weird, the machine installed mine on my 7 Plus. But at least it came out fine for you!

Dstopsie

macrumors 68020
Jun 22, 2010
LOS ANGELES BABY!!
i bought the tech armor ballistic glass screen protector and I like it. No halo, and its repels fingerprints. so far very happy with it. it is my first glass protector as I have always used power support screen protectors. easy install and they have a great warranty.

i have the 7+ jet black 128g att

does not interfere with my cases either. I have the Apple leather case, the Apple Otterbox Statement case, and the Luvvitt Clear case. All fit perfectly.

sealos

macrumors regular
May 12, 2008
That's weird, the machine installed mine on my 7 Plus. But at least it came out fine for you!

Just got the Belkin one installed yesterday and I have to say it looks awesome. It is perfectly aligned. I always installed them in the past and have been annoyed by the one or two specks of dust that always seem to be there. But the Belkin process is perfect.

It looks like Belkin is branching out with a similar service in limited Targets on the East Coast. Seems like the only difference is they are supporting more devices (iPhone 4, 5, 6 and &) in addition to select Samsung devices.

http://www.belkin.com/us/P00553-Belkin/p/P-P00553/

Sealos

mmomega

macrumors 68040
Dec 30, 2009
DFW, TX
Yes, I would like to know people's opinions on the Zagg. Lifetime warranty sure sounds nice!
I've bought 6, all 6 broke very easily... or chipped which then led to full on cracks across the screen.
I know of at least 12 other people with them, all cracked.

Loved the protector, the feel, everything about it. And this wasn't even from dropping or hard hits to the screen or corners.

camhabib

macrumors regular
May 29, 2008
Got the Belkin InvisiGlass Ultra at the Apple Store. While the installation looks flawless, the design of the product itself is trash. As others have noted, it doesn't actually cover the visible portion of the screen, cutting off the first letter of text at times, and leaving you with a rather unsightly rainbow edge. Would really avoid this one.

dotFIVE

macrumors member
Oct 15, 2014
How is the touch sensitivity with the Turata? Does it make it harder to do things like 3D touch (especially the multitasking edge swipe) or does it feel like the normal screen?

I've got one on the way but I'm just nervous about the touch sensitivity. Also, how was the application? Someone on Amazon said that the sticker you peel the protector from isn't even see through, so how would you align it perfectly for the hinge method?

pocketdoc

macrumors 6502a
Apr 15, 2008
Is the entire protector adhesive, or just the borders? Coming from the Note 7 debacle of zero TGSPs being fully adhesive.

I also installed the Turata. It is very thin and was easy to install, but the border and the glass are separate. You can just see this border. After a while, it is hard to notice. I do prefer the ones that are all one piece, but I like this and you can't beat the price. No scratches yet as well.

The ones that are all glass are usually thicker, which is a trade off.

vp719

macrumors regular
Jan 13, 2007
Just put the Sparin "edge to edge" on my 7+ JB and it's junk. DO NOT go w/ Sparin. It actually looks like it curves away from the screen. Looking to replace right away.

Attachments

• IMG_9486.jpg
    IMG_9486.jpg
    970.7 KB · Views: 245
  • IMG_9485.jpg
    IMG_9485.jpg
    979 KB · Views: 276
Reactions: kingston73

dotFIVE

macrumors member
Oct 15, 2014
I also installed the Turata. It is very thin and was easy to install, but the border and the glass are separate. You can just see this border. After a while, it is hard to notice. I do prefer the ones that are all one piece, but I like this and you can't beat the price. No scratches yet as well.

So the border piece and the actual screen portion are two different pieces? You apply the screen part and then the border? I have never had a protector like that before so I'm trying to picture exactly what you're describing.

Lobwedgephil

Contributor
Apr 7, 2012

What do you mean by border and glass are separate? It is one piece.
[doublepost=1474947781][/doublepost]
So the border piece and the actual screen portion are two different pieces? You apply the screen part and then the border? I have never had a protector like that before so I'm trying to picture exactly what you're describing.

I have it on and have no idea what he means by that.

Reactions: dotFIVE

dotFIVE

macrumors member
Oct 15, 2014
What do you mean by border and glass are separate? It is one piece.
[doublepost=1474947781][/doublepost]

I have it on and have no idea what he means by that.

Okay so it's applied like a normal screen protector then, as one piece? How's the thickness and touch sensitivity?

His post about two separate pieces had me worried for a bit.

jmfangio

macrumors member
Aug 18, 2013
NorCal
Okay so it's applied like a normal screen protector then, as one piece? How's the thickness and touch sensitivity?

The turata works fine for me. No problems with responsiveness including with 3d touch.

Lobwedgephil

Contributor
Apr 7, 2012

Yep, jut like a normal screen protector is applied. It is not thick and responsive seems the same to me. No 3D touch issues.

darrinS

macrumors 65816
Oct 21, 2011
So Cal
I don't have the Turata, but I understand what he's saying. It's one piece but the black/white border is not glass. The clear part is only glass. I had a screen protector like that before. Like I say, I don't have the Turata, to know if that's true, but that is what he's saying.

Lobwedgephil

Contributor
Apr 7, 2012
I don't have the Turata, but I understand what he's saying. It's one piece but the black/white border is not glass. The clear part is only glass. I had a screen protector like that before. Like I say, I don't have the Turata, to know if that's true, but that is what he's saying.

Okay, gotcha, see what he is saying. A lot of screen manufactures have started doing that to be protect the bezels, but that is still not the case here, it is one piece of glass.

ctbear

macrumors 6502a
Dec 6, 2010
The Turata is a whole piece of glass, it's just that the bezel is painted on the underside.

In other news I have noticed some dust accumulating underneath the "window" of the front camera and sensors. Not sure how the dust got in as the whole piece was sticking fine.

kingston73

macrumors 65816
Dec 23, 2015
IQ Shield is one of the best tempered glass screen protector for iPhone 7 and 7 Plus. I have used it before in my iPhone 6 also and i am very much happy with it.

I saw this on amazon, sounds pretty good but a little hesitant to try. Does it really feel smooth and frictionless? THe last wet-apply screen protector I tried was very tacky and didn't feel good at all. Also, any interference with cases?

VSH1

macrumors member
Sep 24, 2015
London
Just installed the turata and the areas on the side are not sticking or there bubbles I can't get out.
See pic

Try diffrent type/ brand to rule out screen protector being deffective. In my case it was phone and not the protector. Replaced the phone and screen protector fits nicely without bubbles.

See my previous post for pictures of my phone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.